Is this the end for Madejski?

130 posts
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Is this the end for Madejski?

by Maneki Neko » 16 Jun 2016 10:45

Top Flight
Avon Royal
Top Flight it was wrong in the eyes of Sandman, it was wrong in the eyes of Ian Royal, it was wrong in my eyes as well.

If that doesn't convince people it was the right decision then nothing will.........

It was wrong in Maneki Neko's eyes as well.

yep. that definitely sways it :lol:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Jun 2016 11:23

:D

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Jun 2016 11:53

paddy20 He could have remained silent. I would have thought JM deserved at least that after their long relationship. He didn't need to belittle him.
Maybe he didn't enjoy working for JM and wasn't treated well?

He should have said nothing and spoken to JM in private. I assume NH was asked a direct question by the media and therefore he should give an honest answer but the "even for him" dig at the end that was necessary and a clear shot at JM.

JM should remember it was NH who got BR sacked, He could run to the shareholders and pull the same threat with JM, although since JM isn't on the payroll they can't sack him, only cut him off. There is also the chance the Thai's might welcome NH's resignation threat so they replace him with someone with no experience from Holland.

msmivie

by msmivie » 16 Jun 2016 19:39

Is this the end for Madejski?
I certainly hope so! Totally in-appropriate remarks! As Co Chairman his responsibility is to speak on behalf of the board, AND MOST DEFINITELY NOT AN OPPORTUNITY TO AIR HIS OWN THOUGHTS!
It really sums him up though doesn't it? Happy with total mediocrity.
As long as it doesn't cost him any money!!!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Jun 2016 13:27

When the Thais took over didn't they say that his Madj would stay on as "honoray" Chairman for a couple of years. This timeframe must be coming to an end.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 17 Jun 2016 18:44

PieEater When the Thais took over didn't they say that his Madj would stay on as "honoray" Chairman for a couple of years. This timeframe must be coming to an end.

I don't see the point in the title of chairman unless he is at least privy to decisions. A chairman who does not know what is going on seems a nonsense. There are other honorary names he could be given than chairman. Ceremonial transfer-signing hand-shaker, for example. I do think we should keep him, because at least it gives the club someone to put up for publicity moments, when the Thais are abroad.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 17 Jun 2016 19:52

He was made co- Chairman

JIM

by JIM » 17 Jun 2016 21:40

It seems that JM wants to wash his hands of RFC, 2 terrible sales, 1 Russian with no money, 2 Thais no money, Seems he got his money back so sod the rest, Every time through out our history, the cry goes up new owner but no money, WHY US again JM

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Jun 2016 14:10

JIM It seems that JM wants to wash his hands of RFC, 2 terrible sales, 1 Russian with no money, 2 Thais no money, Seems he got his money back so sod the rest, Every time through out our history, the cry goes up new owner but no money, WHY US again JM

Reading splashed the cash last season. Achieved nothing. We went backwards. Success is build over time not bought. If the Thai's have bought into this in a proper manner then I'll be happily patient .

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 18 Jun 2016 14:32

Lower West
JIM It seems that JM wants to wash his hands of RFC, 2 terrible sales, 1 Russian with no money, 2 Thais no money, Seems he got his money back so sod the rest, Every time through out our history, the cry goes up new owner but no money, WHY US again JM

Reading splashed the cash last season. Achieved nothing. We went backwards. Success is build over time not bought. If the Thai's have bought into this in a proper manner then I'll be happily patient .

This

130 posts