MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (h) sponsored by Mikele Leigertwood

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (h) sponsored by Mikele Leigertwood

by Royal Ginger » 29 Oct 2016 20:28

harry
genome Blimey, curse of the ex-player today

Makes a change from us being cursed.

What odds on AAH getting the winner next week?

Well, he scored one for us against Wigan a few years back...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Oct 2016 20:52

Strange game I thought - looked very comfortable without playing very well at all

G-Mac looked great every time he got the ball, but that was about 10 times in the entire match. Beerens utterly anonymous. Something still not right with the system where we can't get our most dangerous players into the game

Stam is obviously doing a fine job, but there is something missing from making us a decent team.

AAH decent, Obita should be in ahead of Blackett, CBs ok, Joey had a shocker and we looked better with Evans in there (good sub from Stam). Swift&Williams pretty good I thought. Samuel should have come on for Beerens

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 29 Oct 2016 21:22

Hound Strange game I thought - looked very comfortable without playing very well at all

G-Mac looked great every time he got the ball, but that was about 10 times in the entire match. Beerens utterly anonymous. Something still not right with the system where we can't get our most dangerous players into the game

Stam is obviously doing a fine job, but there is something missing from making us a decent team.

AAH decent, Obita should be in ahead of Blackett, CBs ok, Joey had a shocker and we looked better with Evans in there (good sub from Stam). Swift&Williams pretty good I thought. Samuel should have come on for Beerens

Decent? He was sublime today and kept us in the game.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Oct 2016 21:30

Mr Al-Habsi is out of contract at the end of this year is he not? Certainly worth another year on his current form.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 29 Oct 2016 21:54

Very uncomfortable with another minutes silence today for the Thai king. when they lined up I thought is was for remembrance Sunday.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Oct 2016 22:02

Al-Jazeera states that this immeasurable period of Thai grief will go on for one whole year.

Better get used to it

I like a good minutes silence

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Oct 2016 22:06

Royal Ginger Mr Al-Habsi is out of contract at the end of this year is he not? Certainly worth another year on his current form.

Prefer a keeper that commanded his box and caught the ball. Also with better feet. At the moment he is the best we have so I've no complaints.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 29 Oct 2016 22:25

Well what to say about that? Forest were utter shite but they still pinned us back in our own half for most of the second half and Al Habsi was our man of the match. Again. Forest could and should have scored 2 or 3 goals and a draw was the most we deserved from the game. The double save from Al Habsi in the first half was as good a save as I ever seen and that's from someone who saw Shaka's save at Charlton over 20 years ago but we can't keep relying on him to keep us in games. We are chronically underperforming with the players we have, which must come down to the coaching staff.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Oct 2016 22:51

harry In case it hasn't already been mentioned

https://twitter.com/JemKaracan6/status/792353975190388736?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email&iid=a4f3b9de385041ff8d10e9f3d2596e96&uid=2533280094&nid=244+289476609

:lol:

Btw, did anyone else notice Millsy waved to the East Stand after the game. Fair play

Ben Hamer ‏@BenHamer21 8h
let's hope he doesn't hit 3 diags into touch

Jem Paul Karacan ‏@JemKaracan6 8h
I'm saying 2 in he will be contemplating the finger #letsalldothemillsy

:lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Oct 2016 09:41

It's good to hear a team in 5th is chronically underperforming. Look out 106 if we can up it a bit !
How about considering that without yet performing consistently well we are in the playoff spots. Which must be down to the coaching staff !

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 30 Oct 2016 09:46

RG7Fan
Hound Strange game I thought - looked very comfortable without playing very well at all

Decent? He was sublime today and kept us in the game.

Just a shame his best save won't look as good on the TV replay. From my seat in the East, I was in line with the strike and it was one of those shots that looked a goal all the way. Great shot. Amazing save. It'll probably look decent on a replay from the West.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 30 Oct 2016 09:58

Nameless It's good to hear a team in 5th is chronically underperforming. Look out 106 if we can up it a bit !
How about considering that without yet performing consistently well we are in the playoff spots. Which must be down to the coaching staff !

Maybe we should have a rule not to mention 106 outside the Record-watch thread. I'm sure there was a lot of talk about threatening the 106 up until Fulham last season.

It's weird. Even if Brum win later we'll still be 6th which is way above my expectations. Yet it feels like we have several more gears to go through still.

It's the hope that kills you

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 30 Oct 2016 21:14

windermere_royal Very uncomfortable with another minutes silence today for the Thai king. when they lined up I thought is was for remembrance Sunday.

I hadn't been at the Villa game so hadn't realised it had already taken place midweek. Thought it was really bizarre with the video playing on the big screen of the Kings funeral "best bits". It is scandalous really given that was our closest home game to Rememberance Sunday, and no poppies on our shirts either.

My wife came along yesterday for her first game in four years and summed it up with her puzzled gaze followed by saying I didn't even know Thailand had a King until now......lol

Just shows how respectful our fans, and Forests for that matter, that we will observe a minutes silence under such circumstances.

Still the Thai delegation we saw walking through the hotel after the games will have appreciated the looks of bewilderment on a few Berkshire residents if nothing else.