40%
Ian Royal
6%

Total votes: 126
Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Are We Going Daawn Poll?

by Big Ern » 03 Mar 2018 01:24

I think we will stay up by the skin of our teeth, but it will be a nervy end to the season .

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 03 Mar 2018 06:15

double d
Basildon Stuck £20 on it a couple of weeks ago at 10/1. At the very least will soften the blow a little if it does happen.

I put 50 on but got ridiculed for it

You get ridiculed for everything.... :)

Hatty9

by Hatty9 » 03 Mar 2018 10:16

If current form is anything to go by and the next 12 games repeat the last 12 games we will go down.

Sunderland 36pts
Burton 41pts
Reading 41pts
Barnsley 43pts
Birmingham 44pts
Hull 44pts

This shows how something needs to change but also how it won't take much. Perhaps a style change or even a bit of luck but possibly more important cutting out the stupid mistakes and the players having belief in what they are being asked to do.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Mar 2018 15:56

I voted yes on the basis that this is the worst Reading TEAM I've ever seen. I have seen some grim ones over the years but this is the first time have I gone to games without any hope of seeing us win.

Stam rivals Tommy Burns as the worst ever manager purely based on this season.

The shame is that I still think we have one of the best squads we have ever assembled and we seem to have some owners that will back the manager financially.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 03 Mar 2018 16:04

Nigelm1 We are sinking lower and lower every week. A win or two will obviously change that, but I'm not confident we can get them. Survival (just) is a hope rather than a belief, but there's nothing raising my spirits enough to get back to watching games under Stam's tactics!

Are we? We seem to have been in 18th place and 4 points clear for weeks, which suggests most of the teams below us (bar Bolton who have picked up some points) are doing no better.

I can see Hull pulling clear, probably Bolton scrapping enough points too, but Brum seem to have capitulated and Barnsley have a very tough last 10 games.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 03 Mar 2018 16:36

Mid Sussex Royal
Nigelm1 We are sinking lower and lower every week. A win or two will obviously change that, but I'm not confident we can get them. Survival (just) is a hope rather than a belief, but there's nothing raising my spirits enough to get back to watching games under Stam's tactics!

Are we? We seem to have been in 18th place and 4 points clear for weeks, which suggests most of the teams below us (bar Bolton who have picked up some points) are doing no better.

I can see Hull pulling clear, probably Bolton scrapping enough points too, but Brum seem to have capitulated and Barnsley have a very tough last 10 games.

Agree with this, I can see Bolton and Hull passing us but as for the other 4 I just cant see it as we have pretty much been in this situation for weeks with no real pressure from them

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2018 17:54

Another game gone by with the chasing pack failing to haul us in.

And now we have the points on the board AND a game in hand.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Mar 2018 22:36

I don't think so. We'll fight and hold on.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Mar 2018 00:42

blythspartan I voted yes on the basis that this is the worst Reading TEAM I've ever seen. I have seen some grim ones over the years but this is the first time have I gone to games without any hope of seeing us win.

The shame is that I still think we have one of the best squads we have ever assembled and we seem to have some owners that will back the manager financially.

That`s quite some statement. when desribing this as the worse team you need to look at the levels we were playing at, you could be correct that this is the worse team we`ve had in the 2nd tier of the football league. but if you put some of our sides from the 3rd and 4th divisions in this grade of football you would have thought there would have been more inferier sides.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Mar 2018 00:56

windermereROYAL
blythspartan I voted yes on the basis that this is the worst Reading TEAM I've ever seen. I have seen some grim ones over the years but this is the first time have I gone to games without any hope of seeing us win.

That`s quite some statement. when desribing this as the worse team you need to look at the levels we were playing at, you could be correct that this is the worse team we`ve had in the 2nd tier of the football league. but if you put some of our sides from the 3rd and 4th divisions in this grade of football you would have thought there would have been more inferier sides.

Well it’s the shittest performing side I’ve seen since Bullivants and at least they tried to make an effort.

Considering the talent it’s an absolute disgrace.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Mar 2018 13:17

Snowflake Royal Another game gone by with the chasing pack failing to haul us in.

AND it is against the Champions elect away from home! What a bonus!!!!!

AND you need to wake up!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Mar 2018 14:57

LOLosing is the new winning....haven’t you heard?

Biscuitman62

by Biscuitman62 » 04 Mar 2018 17:07

If Stam is still here at the end of this month I fear the worst.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Mar 2018 23:56

AthleticoSpizz LOLosing is the new winning....haven’t you heard?

I’m loving the Ian crisis what crisis? Comical Ali if we get any points it will make the team complacent Royal at the moment,

It’s almost as if he’s struggling to find anything to disagree with all the rest of the Reading fans that he hates so much.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Mar 2018 07:44

HOF lols

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Mar 2018 08:55

Snowflake Royal Another game gone by with the chasing pack failing to haul us in.

I can't understand why more of you can't seem to realise that this is the most realistic viewpoint. It's March, if it were before Christmas in this situation then maybe we'd have more to worry about.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Mar 2018 09:06

Haven't you heard John? All six teams below us are about to go on a fantastic run of form!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Mar 2018 09:07

It’s the complacency that kills

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Mar 2018 09:16

Don't think we are going down but reserve the right to change my mind next week.

As a result of the Wolves game we will have 4 home games on the bounce, Derby was decent, Sheff Utd awful. We need to win against Bolton, will push us 3 points clear and should open some space. If we can go into the Leeds game with a win behind us, then a point there will be a decent return (let's face it, it's a Saturday so a draw is the best result we can get :wink: )

Other teams fixtures look tough on Tuesday, so could look rosier by 10pm:

Brum V Boro (Monk's first game against the club that fired him this season, could be interesting)
Burton V Brentford
Cardiff V Barnsley
Sunderland v Villa
Hull V Millwall

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 05 Mar 2018 10:41

Here's how my predictions came out:

Bolton 52

Nottm Forest 48

Hull 47

Barnsley 45

Reading 44

QPR 43

Sheffield Wed 42

Sunderland 40

Birmingham 38

Burton Albion 33

I might have been a tad generous to Bolton, but I'd take this table right now!