Bust up between Clement and Barrow

168 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Bust up between Clement and Barrow

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Oct 2018 23:09

Sutekh Barrow is out of the squad after a “breach of discipline”. This what Clement told Tim after the game.

Then that's the end of it.

He can muck in, buck his ideas up and be contrite, or he can oxf*rd off. Once you let discipline go you've lost everything and you've no place being manager at all.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 23 Oct 2018 23:38

The dissent is real.

CLEMENT OUT!!!!

RESTORE ACCOUNTABILITY

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Oct 2018 23:43

Kulshaw72RFC The dissent is real.

CLEMENT OUT!!!!

RESTORE ACCOUNTABILITY

I don't think "Restore Accountability" is very catchy. Can't see many banners with that on :)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Oct 2018 01:19

Barrow - Stats this season for Reading 1 assist in 524 minutes = very poor

At Swansea, 55 appearances, 2 goals and 7 assists in 2,386 minutes,
a goal every 1,193 minutes, (not a goal-scorer then) a goal/assist every 273 minutes (3 games, not great)

Leeds on loan 5 games, no goals or assists, got rid.

Blackburn on loan 5 games, no goals or assists, got rid.

Ostersunds (Sweden) a purple patch

Total Reading career 55 appearances (same as at Swansea) for 10 goals 7 assists in 4,056 minutes
A goal every 406 minutes (a goal every 4.5 games)... a G/A every 239 minutes, a little over 2.5 games

Last season I thought he was great, but his overall stats, except for at Ostersunds vary from dire to average

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Oct 2018 01:28

Snowball Barrow - Stats this season for Reading 1 assist in 524 minutes = very poor

a goal every 1,193 minutes, (not a goal-scorer then) a goal/assist every 273 minutes (3 games, not great)

Total Reading career 55 appearances (same as at Swansea) for 10 goals 7 assists in 4,056 minutes
A goal every 406 minutes (a goal every 4.5 games)... a G/A every 239 minutes, a little over 2.5 games

Last season I thought he was great, but his overall stats, except for at Ostersunds vary from dire to average

Pretty sure he had a spell at Forest somewhere as well?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Oct 2018 01:34

URZZZZ
Snowball Barrow - Stats this season for Reading 1 assist in 524 minutes = very poor

4 games, no goals, 1 assist, gone

Surely it's a worry when Leeds (5), Blackburn (5), Forest (4) all let him go quickly?

Suggests a changing-room problem or something...

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Oct 2018 01:42

Snowball
URZZZZ

4 games, no goals, 1 assist, gone

Surely it's a worry when Leeds (5), Blackburn (5), Forest (4) all let him go quickly?

Suggests a changing-room problem or something...

TBF it is hard for a loanee to come in mid-season and get regular games, take Martin and Elphick for us last season and for example Leeds were flying when he joined and I think he was only seen as a stop gap. But you're right about his stats being very average/poor on the whole. Confirms my views that he just isn't a very good footballer, headless chicken with an awful end product. But you can't deny he was one of the best of a bad bunch last season, it probably explains why we were so poor last season when he was one of our better players

I think Clement has realised this but quite frankly his other options aren't much cop either. The only "winger" to have scored for us this season I believe is Baldock (a makeshift striker) (Meite's goals were from the striker position). Compare this to our playoff campaign when we had settled wingers who contributed in all round play

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Oct 2018 07:15

If he has breached discipline he should be dropped

It’s how he responds to that now. Either he sulks and goes in Jan or gets his head down and contributes

We could have done with him yesterday from the bench

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Oct 2018 07:46

Don't care if certain players don't like the manager, they didn't perform for a manager they supposedly did like last season. So their personal opinion of the manager is of no interest to me.

They need to have some professional pride and look at themselves and their attitude. Especially in the case of Barrow, given the interview Last night.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2018 08:07

Hound If he has breached discipline he should be dropped

It’s how he responds to that now. Either he sulks and goes in Jan or gets his head down and contributes

Thing is I think Clement goes before he does. Under a new manager Barrow behaves imo, he worked reasonably hard under Stam. Think there is a personal issue there with him and Clement.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Oct 2018 09:06

Old Man Andrews

Thing is I think Clement goes before he does. Under a new manager Barrow behaves imo, he worked reasonably hard under Stam. Think there is a personal issue there with him and Clement.

Did he work hard under Stam though? One big criticism of Stam on here from many was that no one was working hard that second season.

He is a talented player, but Clement is always going to pick the hard working and good attitude of Meite over him at the moment

With such a ridiculously big squad, Clement cannot let anyone undermine his authority or else its going to all break down. If you have a group of 10 players disrupting because they are not in the starting 11, it will all fall to sh!t very quickly.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 24 Oct 2018 09:14

Clement wasn't picking him way before this breach of discipline. They seem to dislike each other from Swansea days. You wouldn't mind if Clements was getting the best out of all the other players. The present situation suggests a big rift in the camp with a lot of players claiming to be injured. Sorry Clements the job of a manager is to unite and motivate. The players all looked scared stiff at the moment.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Oct 2018 09:20

Hound
Old Man Andrews

Did he work hard under Stam though? One big criticism of Stam on here from many was that no one was working hard that second season.

He is a talented player, but Clement is always going to pick the hard working and good attitude of Meite over him at the moment

With such a ridiculously big squad, Clement cannot let anyone undermine his authority or else its going to all break down. If you have a group of 10 players disrupting because they are not in the starting 11, it will all fall to sh!t very quickly.

Barrow, Popa, Edwards, Meyler, McShane, Mannone, Clement and McNulty I guess could all fall into that disrupting section?

He has isolated players already and I can imagine his continued faith in Aluko will eventually cause a rift with the fans so against him.

I do think OMA is correct in thinking Clement is likely to go sooner than Barrow.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2018 09:26

NewCorkSeth
Hound
Old Man Andrews

Barrow, Popa, Edwards, Meyler, McShane, Mannone, Clement and McNulty I guess could all fall into that disrupting section?

He has isolated players already and I can imagine his continued faith in Aluko will eventually cause a rift with the fans so against him.

I do think OMA is correct in thinking Clement is likely to go sooner than Barrow.

I would love to know if there is anything in Aluko's contract regarding playing time, his continued selection is baffling.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Oct 2018 09:27

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Hound

I would love to know if there is anything in Aluko's contract regarding playing time, his continued selection is baffling.

Maybe he has a "not selected" fee that the club has to pay him 10k everytime he doesn't make a match day squad while fit..

Or maybe it's a clever ruse to put him in the shop window..

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Oct 2018 09:40

NewCorkSeth
Hound
Old Man Andrews

How can you not isolate players when you have a 34 man squad? We’ve used the second most players of any club in the division this year. I, like most of our fans, would like to see the first team picked from the same group of maybe 14 each week - leaving 20 players disappointed

The big failing was in not getting rid of the deadwood in the summer - inevitably going to lead to this sort of issue

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 24 Oct 2018 09:42

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Barrow, Popa, Edwards, Meyler, McShane, Mannone, Clement and McNulty I guess could all fall into that disrupting section?

Maybe he has a "not selected" fee that the club has to pay him 10k everytime he doesn't make a match day squad while fit..

Or maybe it's a clever ruse to put him in the shop window..

In the megastore??

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 24 Oct 2018 09:43

I wonder if this is related to the new baby I think he and partner had recently. Surely not a repeat of Trevor Francis and Martin Allen circa 1990

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2018 09:43

Hound
NewCorkSeth
Hound

How can you not isolate players when you have a 34 man squad? We’ve used the second most players of any club in the division this year. I, like most of our fans, would like to see the first team picked from the same group of maybe 14 each week - leaving 20 players disappointed

The big failing was in not getting rid of the deadwood in the summer - inevitably going to lead to this sort of issue

It isn't like it is a 34 man squad of absolute quality either. It is about 8 fairly decent players and 26 drifters who are happy to do the bare minimum to get by. They are picking up a decent pay cheque for doing next to nothing whilst the 8 players who give a crap bust their arses. You can see why there is a problem for sure.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2018 09:45

Only one Trevor Morley I wonder if this is related to the new baby I think he and partner had recently. Surely not a repeat of Trevor Francis and Martin Allen circa 1990

Is the baby Paul Clement's?

168 posts