Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by leon » 06 Oct 2020 08:42

NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth +1. I thought you looked like a premier league team still. Foster is still excellent and that Kabasele fella looked different gravy.

Would expect you to go back up tbh.

Really? Judging from Saturdays performance alone I thought they looked very ordinary.

They looked a Premier League team stuck in a downward spiral to me but still with a quality above the usual opposition. Whether certain players have the mental strength to thrive in a league they thought they were above is a question worth asking though. They will need to be mentally strong if they want to bounce straight back up.

I just think if you compare them with Cardiff, a team most pundits put up there in the division, Watford looked better to a man.

Decent team throughout - looked raw up front

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Oct 2020 08:45

Watford looked slick and technical, which comes from PL players IMO.

Doesn't mean they'll succeed of course.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Oct 2020 08:46

leon
NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871
Really? Judging from Saturdays performance alone I thought they looked very ordinary.

They looked a Premier League team stuck in a downward spiral to me but still with a quality above the usual opposition. Whether certain players have the mental strength to thrive in a league they thought they were above is a question worth asking though. They will need to be mentally strong if they want to bounce straight back up.

I just think if you compare them with Cardiff, a team most pundits put up there in the division, Watford looked better to a man.

Decent team throughout - looked raw up front

Their chance creation was pretty poor yes but they seemed as capable of threatening as us, just lacked a bit of decision making. Which is funny as that's what we have lacked for years.

Whats up with Deeney? Surely he could still do it in the Champ..

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Oct 2020 13:28

I think he's injured.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Oct 2020 13:35

From Despair To Where? I think he's injured.

Ah. Just saw they released Dat Guy. Wonder what is going on over there. Welbeck would tear it up.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Oct 2020 13:44

Apparently West Brom are also interested in Deeney.

Thing is, he must be the only player in their squad who was there in the Championship. Even with parachute payments, with no match day revenue and reduced tv revenue, they must be under horrific pressure to cut costs. Welbeck was on £100,000 a week. I know he comes with a "BIG 5" premium but for that sort of money, he's fcuking dreadful.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 21 Oct 2020 10:56

@eric_plant said:
Haven't been impressed with Reading at all

Would be surprised to see them at the top come the end of the season

They certainly aren't the most inspiring team to watch but they've ground out some impressive results this season. Considering the amount of money they've lavished on their squad beyond the club's means, they really ought to be where they are.

Reading needed one chance tonight and comfortably saw the game out

Still, Reading have spent millions and had to chuck on loanees from Benfica and Porto before they could score. We more then matched them on the whole tonight and that should be a huge source of pride for us all.

Reading were the best team we've played bar Blackburn - super solid defensively and had enough quality to make what little they created count.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Oct 2020 11:07

WoodleyRoyal @eric_plant said:

They certainly aren't the most inspiring team to watch but they've ground out some impressive results this season. Considering the amount of money they've lavished on their squad beyond the club's means, they really ought to be where they are.

Still, Reading have spent millions and had to chuck on loanees from Benfica and Porto before they could score. We more then matched them on the whole tonight and that should be a huge source of pride for us all.

Reading were the best team we've played bar Blackburn - super solid defensively and had enough quality to make what little they created count.

Someone added to that last bit Swansea were better, which the original poster then agreed with.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Oct 2020 11:17

Sunderland have quite a lot to say about Wycombe :lol: i take it they’re not fans.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/w ... t.1531247/

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Oct 2020 11:51

Sounds like sour grapes to me. As if Sunderland wouldn't have done the exact same thing in Wycombe's situation.

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 21 Oct 2020 11:52

CountryRoyal Sunderland have quite a lot to say about Wycombe :lol: i take it they’re not fans.

Because of the payoff teams were called early - lol

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Oct 2020 12:40

How shit must Sunderland be if Wycombe beat them to promotion.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Oct 2020 13:25

CountryRoyal Sunderland have quite a lot to say about Wycombe :lol: i take it they’re not fans.

quite a funny read that. Did wonder about a lot of the 'injuries' they had last night tbh

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Oct 2020 13:27

WoodleyRoyal @eric_plant said:

Actually, thanks to Mr Dai, the club haven't spent beyond the club's means in terms of cash being available. They've just possibly tested the FFP rules for their effectiveness!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Oct 2020 13:30

I always enjoy looking at other forums. We are very much under radar still at moment by most clubs. Sheffield Wednesday were complimentary in general but main focus is the regret of letting Joao go.

The most bitterness is coming from Watford fans. We are dire. Look dire. Only played teams in relegation zone and will fall away the other side of Halloween. According to them they have too much quality not to be promoted and will be battling the top spot with Norwich, Bournemouth and Brentford. Watch this space.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Oct 2020 13:38

We've not played Wednesday?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Oct 2020 13:41

paultheroyal I always enjoy looking at other forums. We are very much under radar still at moment by most clubs. Sheffield Wednesday were complimentary in general but main focus is the regret of letting Joao go.

The most bitterness is coming from Watford fans. We are dire. Look dire. Only played teams in relegation zone and will fall away the other side of Halloween. According to them they have too much quality not to be promoted and will be battling the top spot with Norwich, Bournemouth and Brentford. Watch this space.

I thought Watford's excuse for losing to us was that they'd sold their quality players!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Oct 2020 13:45

genome We've not played Wednesday?

That is correct.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 21 Oct 2020 13:46

Let’s be honest the other fans are probably right. We won’t sustain this, and will probably fall away at some point. But I’m going to enjoy it whilst it lasts. Still think a realistic finish for us will be just outside/inside the play off positions.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Oct 2020 13:53

genome We've not played Wednesday?

Correct, we've only played on Tuesday and Saturday so far this season.

4486 posts