Pauno out

3542 posts
savage 4 england

Re: Pauno out

by savage 4 england » 07 Nov 2021 08:43

Jeez. With the available squad this season, anything above the relegation places is a bonus.

Get a grip.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Nov 2021 10:09

Our resident Twitter mong in full meltdown and then again comes out with the classic line “gutted we won as it keeps him in a job” - he is literally unstable

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Nov 2021 10:55

paultheroyal Our resident Twitter mong in full meltdown and then again comes out with the classic line “gutted we won as it keeps him in a job” - he is literally unstable

I would have been in the Pauno out camp had we lost. However I cannot understand for the life of me why a fan would want their own team to lose. A friend came round unexpectedly for a chat at about 5pm last night thinking the football would be over and had to listen to lots of swearing with delight when Jnr was relaying Clarke’s goals to me. Mrs Zip was not impressed but she is well used to it.

He had to sit patiently for a couple of minutes at the end of the game whilst we were waiting for full time. Sad I know but it’s in the blood.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Nov 2021 10:57

Stranded
Snowflake Royal Swiftly closing in on a 60% loss rate this season.

Yet still has a plus 40% win rate.

Strange season, only 4 teams have lost more than us but only 5 have won more.

Very strange. We are only just over one third of the season in and having got off to a very poor start and then later on losing four on the bounce are only four points off a play off spot.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Nov 2021 11:48

Zip
Stranded

Very strange. We are only just over one third of the season in and having got off to a very poor start and then later on losing four on the bounce are only four points off a play off spot.

I don’t think the 40% win rate will count for much if we maintain 45%+ losing rate.

One of the reason there's been so much dissatisfaction in recent years is the terrible home win rate despite it being decent away. If the majority of fans are regularly seeing us lose, and more than we win, a manager is in real trouble and won't last long.

I don't really see the win yesterday as a turning point. Brum were poor and so were we, saved by an Academy double involving penalty area pinball. It's a great result, but without a major turnaround, I still see Pauno gone in the next 6 more likely than not. Especially with the upcoming points deduction.

Think we need another 8 / 9 points in the next 6 games to give us a good chance.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 07 Nov 2021 13:32

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Stranded

I don’t think the 40% win rate will count for much if we maintain 45%+ losing rate.

One of the reason there's been so much dissatisfaction in recent years is the terrible home win rate despite it being decent away. If the majority of fans are regularly seeing us lose, and more than we win, a manager is in real trouble and won't last long.

I don't really see the win yesterday as a turning point. Brum were poor and so were we, saved by an Academy double involving penalty area pinball. It's a great result, but without a major turnaround, I still see Pauno gone in the next 6 more likely than not. Especially with the upcoming points deduction.

Think we need another 8 / 9 points in the next 6 games to give us a good chance.

Anyone one here be disappointed with 62 points ?
That’s what those two stats would give us

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Nov 2021 13:35

paultheroyal Our resident Twitter mong in full meltdown and then again comes out with the classic line “gutted we won as it keeps him in a job” - he is literally unstable

He really is a grade A clown.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 07 Nov 2021 13:58

I’m massively Pauno in for various reasons…but mainly because I think we can’t realistically expect much more than we are doing at the moment. About 65 points should be more than enough to stay up, even if we get a 12 point deduction. We are currently on course to get about 60…so we should be ok. Once the injured players come back and our squad is a little less stretched, we should pick up a few more points. If Pauno is the manager to lead us up into the Prem in a season or so is a different matter. Right now, we’re keeping our heads above water and that is all we can do.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 07 Nov 2021 15:30

Hendo

He really is a grade A clown.

Whose that?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Nov 2021 15:50

Zip
Stranded

Speaks volumes about the widening gulf behind the divisions. Cheque book football these days. Buy a load of players at inflated prices and hope they gel. Soon be more clubs without managers than with, speed with which they are getting sacked thse days. Farcical.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 12 Nov 2021 10:51

If on a Saturday afternoon you happen on a young player who scores a couple of goals to turn a defeat into a victory would you really then let him play 45 minutes for the U23s on the following Monday evening and risk him getting injured?

That's right, Clarke is now out with an injury sustained in a meaningless U23 match. Assume the decision to allow him to play was Pauno's. I realise decision making isn't his strong suit but... why?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Nov 2021 11:02

morganb If on a Saturday afternoon you happen on a young player who scores a couple of goals to turn a defeat into a victory would you really then let him play 45 minutes for the U23s on the following Monday evening and risk him getting injured?

That's right, Clarke is now out with an injury sustained in a meaningless U23 match. Assume the decision to allow him to play was Pauno's. I realise decision making isn't his strong suit but... why?

Idiotic. I saw he was on the bench which surprised me. Yet another injury. Shambolic. If Puscas gets injured on international duty we are scuppered again.
Brain dead stuff.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 12 Nov 2021 11:27

It make zero sense to have played him. Ashcoft, Camara Ehibhationham also all played. I automatically thought as they were in the Brum matchday squad they wouldn't be involved at all until players return - as you know, we have 400 players out injured......401 now.

Someone at the club is making huge mistakes - So do they continue to play Ashcroft Camara etc in the u23 games now? risk even more of our squad to unnecessary injuries.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Nov 2021 11:41

Coppells Lost Coat It make zero sense to have played him. Ashcoft, Camara Ehibhationham also all played. I automatically thought as they were in the Brum matchday squad they wouldn't be involved at all until players return - as you know, we have 400 players out injured......401 now.

Someone at the club is making huge mistakes - So do they continue to play Ashcroft Camara etc in the u23 games now? risk even more of our squad to unnecessary injuries.

Should we not have them train either, just in case they get injured?

We've prob got 4 or 5 players back fit after the intl break. Clarke is still massively inexperienced and needs to play wherever possible. Its in the middle of a 2 week break. You want him to play wherever possible after scoring those 2 goals, not keep him off the pitch for 2 weeks

Its just unfortunate, not having that he shouldn't be playing in the u23. He hasn't played a lot of minutes for the first team at all. He'll only improve by playing more, not sitting on his backside.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Nov 2021 11:43

From our perspective as fans sure it seems stupid to play him, even if it was just a half of football but the club hires professionals who know the health and conditioning of the players so should, in theory, be in a better position to judge if he should play for the U23s.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Nov 2021 11:46

tidus_mi2 From our perspective as fans sure it seems stupid to play him, even if it was just a half of football but the club hires professionals who know the health and conditioning of the players so should, in theory, be in a better position to judge if he should play for the U23s.

some fans....

to me it would be stupid if we didn't play him. Not like he has had the workload of a Swift or Ejaria who prob need a break and a rest. Clarke needs to play wherever possible.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Nov 2021 11:49

Zip
morganb If on a Saturday afternoon you happen on a young player who scores a couple of goals to turn a defeat into a victory would you really then let him play 45 minutes for the U23s on the following Monday evening and risk him getting injured?

Idiotic. I saw he was on the bench which surprised me. Yet another injury. Shambolic. If Puscas gets injured on international duty we are scuppered again.
Brain dead stuff.

And yet there are still people who want Pauno in charge of things and I’m unreasonable for seeing the obvious.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Nov 2021 11:52

Hound
tidus_mi2 From our perspective as fans sure it seems stupid to play him, even if it was just a half of football but the club hires professionals who know the health and conditioning of the players so should, in theory, be in a better position to judge if he should play for the U23s.

some fans....

to me it would be stupid if we didn't play him. Not like he has had the workload of a Swift or Ejaria who prob need a break and a rest. Clarke needs to play wherever possible.

Disagree, he’s part of the first team set up now and with our luck with injuries it is literally asking for trouble. Your comparison to training is nonsensical. U23 or not, matches are higher intensity and just can’t be compared.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Nov 2021 11:56

:shock:

I think we can legitimately question the effectiveness of these professionals.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Nov 2021 11:58

CountryRoyal
Hound

some fans....

Disagree, he’s part of the first team set up now and with our luck with injuries it is literally asking for trouble. Your comparison to training is nonsensical. U23 or not, matches are higher intensity and just can’t be compared.

of course they can be compared. Training should be intense as well. And he'll be playing against men in that, not a load of 18 year olds. He is part of the first team but he needs more exposure to playing football, not score a couple of goals and then do no more than pass a ball through some cones for a couple of weeks

We should have 5 back, inc Hoilett next weekend. He is part of the first team, but had about 70 mins at a guess over the last 4-5 games.

3542 posts