How much longer can this go on for? And what will happen in 3-5 years if it does?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

How much longer can this go on for? And what will happen in 3-5 years if it does?

by Simmops » 08 Jan 2022 17:21

Genuine question here.

We are financially screwed. We cannot buy anybody and need to sell players to do so. We have a medical team who seemingly perform witch-craft on our players, and a bunch of players made out of paper who get injured. We have clueless tactical awareness and clueless owners.

We are seriously lucky for a Derby points deduction. Our manager seems completely oblivious to anything and we are on a dangerous slide.

If this goes on and we DO go down to league one, that will seriously impact our finances and ability to get players and do anything. And League one is not a joke. Look at Pompey, Ipswich, Charlton and Sunderland struggling. Then teams in league 2 like Bradford we were not playing long ago.

Could we seriously be in a position like a Chesterfield, or even Macclesfield or Bury and just be completely unable to sustain ourselves?

quickwingerswife

Re: How much longer can this go on for? And what will happen in 3-5 years if it does?

by quickwingerswife » 08 Jan 2022 18:19

Definitely Bury. And they can buy their ground back for £1000. Ground share with Hungerford possibly?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: How much longer can this go on for? And what will happen in 3-5 years if it does?

by Orion1871 » 08 Jan 2022 18:25

How did that Gobshite get back on HNA?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 18:28

Orion1871

Head over to AE where there is a poll running for a new mod. I’m one of the candidates and part of my manifesto is to rid us of him. If you genuinely want him gone vote for brogue, vote for change. That goes for any team boarders pop over to AE and vote brogue. I’m the only one who will actually make a difference.
Last edited by Brogue on 08 Jan 2022 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 08 Jan 2022 18:30

We have a fan base WAY bigger than the clubs you refer to. As a minimum, we will still get a relatively decent crowd which
will provide a relatively decent income. What we DO NOT want is relegation this season. Hopefully a new manager will get us the 7-8
wins we need this season to stay up. The club needs a refresh. Manager - get rid. Coaching staff - get rid. Medical staff - get rid.

If we can survive this season (and it is a big IF) then we can hope that a new management team, and a refreshed squad, might be enough
for us to maintain Championship football. Other clubs are going to get hit with FFP points deductions. It is a tough gig.

Difficult times. But we CAN recover.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 08 Jan 2022 18:35

We’ve tried Stam, Clement, Gomes, Bowen and Pauno which has led to the same result. The club is very secretive especially with what it releases, and people that have worked at the club have hinted there are a lot of secrets which is obvious the second you enter the building.

If we want a fresh start then telling Kia to stay from the club and bringing in a board member to completely define the direction of the club is the only way we will progress long term.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2022 18:36

Brogue
Orion1871

Head over to AE where there is a poll running for a new mod. I’m one of the candidates and part of my manifesto is to rid us of him. If you genuinely want him gone vote for brogue, vote for change. That goes for any team boarders pop over to AE and vote brogue. I’m the only one who will actually make a difference.

I'll vote for you if you tell me how you'll get rid of him.

Not Double D

by Not Double D » 08 Jan 2022 18:37

Brogue
Orion1871

DD shouldn't be posting on here anyway. I told him for years he isn't allowed.
Last edited by Not Double D on 08 Jan 2022 18:53, edited 1 time in total.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 18:41

Snowflake Royal
Brogue
Orion1871

Although mods don’t have the ability to ban members I would recommend to Graham that he gets banned. I will also lock any new thread started by him. And delete or modify any post made by him. That’s all the power mods do have. So yes although he would be here in spirit I will make sure he no longer continues to ruin the board.
Last edited by Brogue on 08 Jan 2022 18:42, edited 2 times in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2022 18:41

Win

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 18:45

A vote for brogue is a vote for a better forum. A forum without a dd or a simmops or a donny Ironsides or what ever he is at the moment.

Vote here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=189011
Last edited by Brogue on 08 Jan 2022 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

Jinx

by Jinx » 08 Jan 2022 18:46

F**k me - another alt to put on ignore :x

MR.CYNICAL

by MR.CYNICAL » 08 Jan 2022 18:48

I'll say again, we don't have a bigger fan base than Pompey or Sunderland

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Jan 2022 18:53

Barney Hopefully a new manager will get us the 7-8
wins we need this season to stay up. The club needs a refresh. Manager - get rid. Coaching staff - get rid. Medical staff - get rid.

That will be cheap won`t it, are you a financial expert by any chance?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 18:54

Jinx F**k me - another alt to put on ignore :x

A vote for me and there will no further alts to put on ignore

vote here

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=189011

Jinx

by Jinx » 08 Jan 2022 18:55

Already voted - sorry mate

Maybe next round :)

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 18:56

Jinx Already voted - sorry mate

:lol:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 08 Jan 2022 18:57

Brogue
Snowflake Royal
Brogue

Although mods don’t have the ability to ban members I would recommend to Graham that he gets banned. I will also lock any new thread started by him. And delete or modify any post made by him. That’s all the power mods do have. So yes although he would be here in spirit I will make sure he no longer continues to ruin the board.

Persecution and basically communism. This is tory behavoour and shutting down the right to free speech.

This place dies without me. I've left the board forever apart from today because of the game and still win every pole.

Jinx

by Jinx » 08 Jan 2022 18:58

Brogue
Jinx Already voted - sorry mate

:lol:

Maybe you should publish your manifesto before the election - not after

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 08 Jan 2022 18:58

Brogue
Jinx F**k me - another alt to put on ignore :x

A vote for me and there will no further alts to put on ignore

vote here

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=189011

Vote DD for a better board for bellends

I have so many ideas to make this a better place including daily competitions and prizes, and a newsletter with guest columnists. I will also banish Ian Royal, jd82, lwj and brogue to classifieds.