How much longer can this go on for? And what will happen in 3-5 years if it does?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: How much longer can this go on for? And what will happen in 3-5 years if it does?

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jan 2022 19:00

Brogue
Jinx Already voted - sorry mate

Maybe next round :)

:lol:
got my vote back next round, and my undying gratitude for the cheese football leads.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: How much longer can this go on for? And what will happen in 3-5 years if it does?

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 19:00

Jinx
Brogue

Maybe you should publish your manifesto before the election - not after

You make a fair point jinx. Perhaps you can be my campaign manager?

Jinx

by Jinx » 08 Jan 2022 19:04

Brogue
Jinx
Brogue :lol:

Maybe you should publish your manifesto before the election - not after

You make a fair point jinx. Perhaps you can be my campaign manager?

I just put a poster in my front window

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 19:04

AthleticoSpizz
Brogue

got my vote back next round, and my undying gratitude for the cheese football leads.

Knew I could count on you athers !!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jan 2022 19:05

….yeah, and if that Leon comes knocking my door for my vote, I’ll tell him to f11ck off

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 08 Jan 2022 19:12

windermereROYAL
Barney Hopefully a new manager will get us the 7-8
wins we need this season to stay up. The club needs a refresh. Manager - get rid. Coaching staff - get rid. Medical staff - get rid.

That will be cheap won`t it, are you a financial expert by any chance?

Not sure if you are serious. Yes, I am a financial expert. The cost of relegation is MASSIVE.. TV money, gate receipts etc etc.
The cost of getting rid of half a dozen idiots at the club is minimal in comparison to relegation. But I guess you know that :shock:

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 08 Jan 2022 19:13

I have already voted for Leon based on his optimistic nature and can do attitude. However, your banning Double Dunce forever policy is winning me over, Brogue.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 19:15

Orion1871 I have already voted for Leon based on his optimistic nature and can do attitude. However, your banning Double Dunce forever policy is winning me over, Brogue.

I’m the only person putting this as their primary policy. For too long he has been a scourge on this board we all love. Vote for change vote for brogue.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=189016

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jan 2022 19:22

Orion1871 I have already voted for Leon based on his optimistic nature and can do attitude

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 Jan 2022 20:09

Barney
windermereROYAL
Barney Hopefully a new manager will get us the 7-8
wins we need this season to stay up. The club needs a refresh. Manager - get rid. Coaching staff - get rid. Medical staff - get rid.

That will be cheap won`t it, are you a financial expert by any chance?

Not sure if you are serious. Yes, I am a financial expert. The cost of relegation is MASSIVE.. TV money, gate receipts etc etc.
The cost of getting rid of half a dozen idiots at the club is minimal in comparison to relegation. But I guess you know that :shock:

The cost of attempting to achieve promotion to massage Dai's ego is MASSIVE. To fail in the face of your friends in China is more than embarassing. It impacts your social prestige and reputation. Why bother with attempting to win a meaningless cup. As to a billionaire the money is neither here nor there. Nor the supporters for that matter. Given two clubs have already failed under his stewardship. A third will a disgrace. Time is rapidly running out.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Jan 2022 21:37

Simmops Genuine question here.

We are financially screwed. We cannot buy anybody and need to sell players to do so. We have a medical team who seemingly perform witch-craft on our players, and a bunch of players made out of paper who get injured. We have clueless tactical awareness and clueless owners.

We are seriously lucky for a Derby points deduction. Our manager seems completely oblivious to anything and we are on a dangerous slide.

If this goes on and we DO go down to league one, that will seriously impact our finances and ability to get players and do anything. And League one is not a joke. Look at Pompey, Ipswich, Charlton and Sunderland struggling. Then teams in league 2 like Bradford we were not playing long ago.

Could we seriously be in a position like a Chesterfield, or even Macclesfield or Bury and just be completely unable to sustain ourselves?

First off, getting relegated this season will see us start on -6 in L1 plus still being under an embargo with wages for Moore, Puscas and Joao on our books, so the double dip would be a real risk. Whereas, if we were to survive this year and remain within budget, we'd not be in such a disastrous position if we went down in a couple of years.

But I agree that even then we'd struggle to bounce back. The likes of Sunderland and Ipswich have more support than us; even Bradford get 15k a week in L2. So the decline only reverses when we start running the club competently, otherwise we could easily return to being a 3rd or 4th tier club. We should have enough to avoid non- league though. I'd hope that if the Dais pack up we could find a buyer too.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2022 21:49

Why would we automatically start on -6?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 08 Jan 2022 21:56

We have been a shambles since Nicky Hammond left the club. We have had no identity since then. McDermott commented on it in his 2nd spell. We badly need a DoF with a defined way that we play. Until we get one our first team and under 23s will continue being a shambles

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Jan 2022 22:03

Snowflake Royal Why would we automatically start on -6?

In the terms of our punishment. 6 points now, 6 suspended and applied if we breach the budget. Given relegation will blow a huge hole in our budget, the terms of the penalty simply say we'll start on -6 in L1 while the points are still suspended.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2022 22:24

WestYorksRoyal

In the terms of our punishment. 6 points now, 6 suspended and applied if we breach the budget. Given relegation will blow a huge hole in our budget, the terms of the penalty simply say we'll start on -6 in L1 while the points are still suspended.

Bit unfair to have it say that we automatically breach our business plan because we lose a chunk of revenue next year for being shit and relegated.

I don't see that as likely, but I guess it could be true.

There would certainly be ways round it though. A much bigger change over in squad perhaps. But then Moore would be easier to shift, because he's going to be more motivated to leave.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 08 Jan 2022 22:28

WestYorksRoyal

I'm sure that the EFL take into account the financial impact that relegation would result in. As long as we are constructively working with them I don't believe they would enforce any penalties.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2022 22:32

Actually, didn’t the agreement stipulate a spending cap? Not a loss cap?

What our income is doesn’t reduce the cap of £16m, so I don't see how we could get the suspended points if we stay under that budget.

If anything, staying under it is easier on relegation because the sort of players we need to retain and bring in would be different. And if we've got even the tiniest lick of sense (so we probably won't have these) we have relegation clauses on player contracts to reduce them.