Liam moore

578 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Liam moore

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 09:52

hughsies no.1 Convinced there is far more to it than the statement, would Iove for Moore to explain his side

+1

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Jan 2022 09:54

Hound
Brogue Apparently he refused to play in the kiddy game.

That was implied I think by Pauno

Makes sense. If you refuse to play for the club that are paying you 35k every week then you lose any sympathy regardless of other factors.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 16 Jan 2022 10:09

My input.

1) The vast majority of folks on HNA are RFC fans. Let's keep it that way. It is our club through good and bad times.
2) Moore. Just another cog in the huge wheel of football. Won't be missed, so let's move on without him.
3) Maybe all try and be a bit more positive. We are not down yet. Yes, it is a horror show....but maybe let's be
a bit more positive and do what ever we can to keep us in the Championship.
4) Pauno is a little out of his depth. We have had worse managers (i'll admit not many) so hopefully we will all
be here, supporting RFC, long after he has gone.
5) Two home games coming up. Wouldn't it be fantastic to get 6 points. 4 is acceptable. Bring on Luton.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 16 Jan 2022 10:13

I still don’t get how a player can refuse to play and still get paid. If I refused to work, I’d get sacked pretty swiftly.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Jan 2022 10:14

CountryRoyal
AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal Was thinking about that if the doom predictions prove true (I don’t think they would).

I would probably stump up a grand or two without too much regret in that scenario. Which is probably a ludicrously high amount.

You?
pretty much what Portsmouth fans did five or six years ago? One of my Pompey fan work colleagues threw over £1k towards their cause…

How many Reading fans are that committed?

We have some of the cheapest ticket prices in the EFL and yet some the lowest relative attendances.

That probably tells you everything about that.

But then that changes if the results are good or even if the football is good to watch. Sadly the versions of possession cr@p that have been inflicted on the Reading fan base since Stam arrived have been pretty much as cr@p as cr@p can be.

Overall though always a bit of an issue in the south east given the proximity of the major London clubs and the fact it’s just not really a football hotbed in the first place.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 16 Jan 2022 10:17

hughsies no.1 Convinced there is far more to it than the statement, would Iove for Moore to explain his side, did he hand a transfer request in? Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if he hasn’t given his reaction.

Club is an absolute mess top to bottom. Owners may well have best intentions and invest money etc etc but the club is not being run well. Can only imagine what it must have been like on the team coach back from Boro when that statement was released.

I still think we will stay up, but this isn’t the Reading we know and grew to love. That statement was not the Reading way.

Convinced he’s being used as a scapegoat to distract from results and not being able to afford to sack Pauno due to EFL restraints.

There is no "Reading Way" and there hasn't been since Brian was sacked the first time. It was a phrase Coppell used and he genuinely meant it at the time. However, all it is now is a PR phrase for the club.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 10:20

Hypothetical situation...

Pauno: I want you to defend like total bellends. And play even though our medics have said you mustn't.

Moore: My team has suffered all season with your crap. We're all being made to look shit. We'll lose if we follow your plan. And I'm NOT going to risk my health and career for you again. You keep making us do this.

Pauno: I don't care. This is my team you do as I say. Play like a bellend. Risk your injury. You're being paid enough.

I read an article the other day from Chicago fans bitterly attacking Pauno for his way with players.

Obviously we don't know the details but it's not too hard to imagine situations that may make us more sympathetic to Moore's side.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 16 Jan 2022 10:21

Bristol Paul
Zip
CountryRoyal
Unless you’re Danny Drinkwater, of course.

It’s a nasty thing to say by the club particularly after our players just gave up v Fulham....and Moore wasn’t one of those involved in that capitulation.

It’s not that nasty is it?

“Our club, together with its manager, is intent on selecting players in the first team squad who are dedicated to giving their absolute all to Reading Football Club. That starts with our captain. As a result, Moore will no longer be given the honour of our club captaincy.”

Just says they expect each player to give their all, and basically as he wants to leave, he can’t be captain. And let’s face it, there’s no way he’s given his all this season or even last, he’s been awful.

Correct. If the statement had been bland and non judgemental as some have suggested it should be the club would be criticised for not saying more.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 10:21

URZZZZ
Zip
CountryRoyal
Unless you’re Danny Drinkwater, of course.

It’s a nasty thing to say by the club particularly after our players just gave up v Fulham....and Moore wasn’t one of those involved in that capitulation.

Yep

I was convinced (well, told by others) that we’d start to win (and keep clean sheets) without Moore? No clean sheet since the 16th October. It’s almost like we play as bad with/without him

Indeed.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 10:23

Tails I still don’t get how a player can refuse to play and still get paid. If I refused to work, I’d get sacked pretty swiftly.

Has he refused to play? That’s not how I interpret it.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 10:25

Tails I still don’t get how a player can refuse to play and still get paid. If I refused to work, I’d get sacked pretty swiftly.

You honestly can't imagine any situations at all where this might be reasonable?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Jan 2022 10:31

There's a vast difference saying that you want to leave and downing tools. Plenty of people leave their employment due to conflicts with other other employees. the management, the board. Dai is culturally different being Chinese. Losing face is a big deal.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Jan 2022 10:32

andrew1957 Whatever Moore has done or not done I cannot help thinking that the club statement cannot help the situation. If we want shot of him surely that statement is hardly a good advertisement. All very odd. I think we have all suspected that something is very wrong behind the scenes at RFC and this latest issue only seems to confirm that. What a shambles the club has become.

This. Can only presume it got lost in translation somewhere, if you’re going to say what they said then you say it in a much more conciliatory way than this and not doing so, at least to my tiny brain, suggests something uneasy going on between club and player and putting it out there really isn’t going to help either party.

The club is a mess, a real class A, 24 carat mess. All for a number of reasons. This really isn’t helping even if Liam has been a total plank along the way. Only need the owner to walk away now and that’s it. What a totally screwed way to “celebrate” 150 years. I thought scoring a dodgy late own goal was quite sufficient way to “celebrate” such a landmark birthday but no this time club have trumped it in every possible way. Can’t wait for 2071, presuming the club can make it that far, to see what they do to beat it.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jan 2022 10:39

Literally every journalist now wants to know Liam Moore’s side of the story and will be interviewing everyone in the team, not just Moore.

The fact it hasn’t come out actually speaks more to Moore’s integrity than that of the club. Up to now the row has been internal only.

The last think the club now needs is journalists swarming around everyone when we’re in a relegation dogfight.

Moore is now incentivised to get his side of the story out, either directly, via teammates or by the “friends of Liam Moore have said that” route

The client journalists who rely on club access won’t investigate properly as they need their weekly access.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 16 Jan 2022 10:43

Does anyone know

1. Do Reading F.C have an HR department and internal code I’d conduct ?
2. Can public statements about current / ongoing employees such as this one be made under employment law without consequences ?

My knowledge in this field is limited but I wonder if this leaves the club open to things like constructive dismissal, breach of contract etc, etc ? In which case the club may have to pay compensation (pay up the contract ?) and also lose an asset (potential transfer fee) for nothing.
I am struggling to understand the logic / wisdom behind making this public statement regardless of what is happening behind the scenes. Surely this is an internal HR/code of conduct/legal issue to be managed in house ? Or, if there is genuine reason would you not dismiss the employee first and then make a public statement if applicable ?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 10:46

Norfolk Royal
Bristol Paul
Zip

“Our club, together with its manager, is intent on selecting players in the first team squad who are dedicated to giving their absolute all to Reading Football Club. That starts with our captain. As a result, Moore will no longer be given the honour of our club captaincy.”

Just says they expect each player to give their all, and basically as he wants to leave, he can’t be captain. And let’s face it, there’s no way he’s given his all this season or even last, he’s been awful.

Correct. If the statement had been bland and non judgemental as some have suggested it should be the club would be criticised for not saying more.

He’s been made a scapegoat here after the worst week in our history. There are ways to do things.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2022 10:50

Zip
Norfolk Royal
Bristol Paul

He’s been made a scapegoat here after the worst week in our history. There are ways to do things.

What about the way Liam Moore May have ‘done things’?

Agree obvs 2 side to this story. Looking forward to seeing them

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jan 2022 10:53

OLLIE KEARNS Does anyone know

2. Can public statements about current / ongoing employees such as this one be made under employment law without consequences ?

My knowledge in this field is limited but I wonder if this leaves the club open to things like constructive dismissal, breach of contract etc, etc ? In which case the club may have to pay compensation (pay up the contract ?) and also lose an asset (potential transfer fee) for nothing.
I am struggling to understand the logic / wisdom behind making this public statement regardless of what is happening behind the scenes. Surely this is an internal HR/code of conduct/legal issue to be managed in house ? Or, if there is genuine reason would you not dismiss the employee first and then make a public statement if applicable ?

I don't doubt there could be repercussions but they haven't actually said much. They have said he wants to leave so have taken the captaincy off him as a result and won't consider him for selection.

Everything else seems fact based doesn't it?

Club need to announce if the captaincy has been removed don't they?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 10:55

Hound
Zip
Norfolk Royal

What about the way Liam Moore May have ‘done things’?

Agree obvs 2 side to this story. Looking forward to seeing them

It doesn’t mean his employers should stoop to the same level. How is this statement going to help the club?

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 16 Jan 2022 11:08

Stranded
OLLIE KEARNS Does anyone know

I don't doubt there could be repercussions but they haven't actually said much. They have said he wants to leave so have taken the captaincy off him as a result and won't consider him for selection.

Everything else seems fact based doesn't it?

Club need to announce if the captaincy has been removed don't they?

Fair. The two things I wonder about are the ethics of referencing his contract in relation to others and the implied statement that he is not giving his all. The latter is especially subjective unless there is hard evidence such as a refusal to play with no mitigating circumstances such as injury.

578 posts