BFTG - Huddersfield

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Huddersfield

by Royal Ginger » 22 Jan 2022 20:21

Didn’t Puscas put in a shift? I was impressed by him today, it’s been a while. Joao not only gives him something to feed off of, he seems to bring the best out of him in effort giving ways too.

Drinkwater was crap but tried, Laurent clearly doesn’t want to be here anymore.

What was the relevance of the Casio keyboard version of Back to the Future at half time? Something to do with the 150? Great tune but seemed a bit out of place.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2022 20:21

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Hound Some positives from Joao/Puscas - the first two goals were quality. Couple of good assists for Swift. Rino looked good. Full backs did well going forward

However

Defending first half abysmal

Another Southwood howler

Absolutely without a clue once the scored their 4th - again awful defending for that. You’d not have any idea we were a goal down and supposedly fighting for our lives in that last 30. Clueless, unfit, ridiculously late subs. The management of the team is just appalling

Didn’t Laurent give the ball away in the build up to the first?

He certainly played three attackers onside whilst marking no one for the second. And gave away the freekick and was busy arguing about it for the fourth right?

Quite possibly - was the other end of the ground for the first 3 goals but Laurent certainly didn’t cover himself in glory defensively

On the plus side, Think he did set swift away for our second with a nice turn and pass ? Not seen the replays though

Thought he generally played alright. Especially once pulled out of the back 3. But with some fairly notable errors.

There were some very encouraging signs. If we had a competent manager and could get and keep these players fit we'd finish mid-table.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Jan 2022 20:30

Royal Ginger Laurent clearly doesn’t want to be here anymore.

What the f*ck are you on about?

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 22 Jan 2022 20:33

Snowflake Royal
Hound Some positives from Joao/Puscas - the first two goals were quality. Couple of good assists for Swift. Rino looked good. Full backs did well going forward

However

Defending first half abysmal

Another Southwood howler

Absolutely without a clue once the scored their 4th - again awful defending for that. You’d not have any idea we were a goal down and supposedly fighting for our lives in that last 30. Clueless, unfit, ridiculously late subs. The management of the team is just appalling

Didn’t Laurent give the ball away in the build up to the first?

He certainly played three attackers onside whilst marking no one for the second. And gave away the freekick and was busy arguing about it for the fourth right?

He is such a liability but gets a free pass from so many fans because he makes an effort to clap and do interviews.

He’s been at fault for so many goals of late including Fulham first goal, Luton’s second goal. Definitely could have done more for the fourth goal today as well as the ones you listed.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 22 Jan 2022 20:47

Agree with most of what has been said in general…looked good for 60 mins when going forward, but wide open at the back! However, the ref was utterly abysmal and should be demoted after that. He had no control of the game, allowed far too much time wasting and arguably, was directly involved in two of their goals. How both teams ended the game with so few cards, I’ll never know. Some of the time-wasting towards the end was so blatant and right in front of him…but he did nothing!!

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Jan 2022 20:50

Kitsondinho Agree with most of what has been said in general…looked good for 60 mins when going forward, but wide open at the back! However, the ref was utterly abysmal and should be demoted after that. He had no control of the game, allowed far too much time wasting and arguably, was directly involved in two of their goals. How both teams ended the game with so few cards, I’ll never know. Some of the time-wasting towards the end was so blatant and right in front of him…but he did nothing!!

Not true, he pointed at his watch a lot. As we know from every game of football ever played, that really gets teams to hurry up.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 22 Jan 2022 21:01

Orion1871
Kitsondinho Agree with most of what has been said in general…looked good for 60 mins when going forward, but wide open at the back! However, the ref was utterly abysmal and should be demoted after that. He had no control of the game, allowed far too much time wasting and arguably, was directly involved in two of their goals. How both teams ended the game with so few cards, I’ll never know. Some of the time-wasting towards the end was so blatant and right in front of him…but he did nothing!!

Not true, he pointed at his watch a lot. As we know from every game of football ever played, that really gets teams to hurry up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Jan 2022 21:07

Royal Ginger Didn’t Puscas put in a shift? I was impressed by him today, it’s been a while. Joao not only gives him something to feed off of, he seems to bring the best out of him in effort giving ways too.

Drinkwater was crap but tried, Laurent clearly doesn’t want to be here anymore.

What was the relevance of the Casio keyboard version of Back to the Future at half time? Something to do with the 150? Great tune but seemed a bit out of place.

They've definitely been doing it for at least the last few games, not sure what the point of it is.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 22 Jan 2022 21:15

windermereROYAL

Have to agree with RG, obviously thinks he's too big for this club.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 22 Jan 2022 23:11

windermereROYAL

I’m gleaning this from the way he plays and from the downshift in his effervescence and exuberance that had typified his on-pitch persona. It’s possibly because he’s not being deployed in a way that facilitates his best talents, but I don’t see that talismanic drive from deep or the symbiotic play with Rinomhota or the general joy in football.

Perhaps I’m wrong but he just doesn’t seem to have the joie de vivre he once did.

Who would playing for this team at the moment though. I miss the old Josh.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jan 2022 23:27

Snowflake Royal Much better tempo, intensity and purpose first half. But the team can't do it for 90 minutes. So many of them were looking really leggy second half. So why take off possibly the fittest player... even if his errors had cost us some goals.

Rally really bad management, but at least he actually made some changes. Though they quickly disappeared or were wrong into the 2nd half.

The players still playing for him. Though they should be downing tools and demanding a competent replacement.

Yiadom and Rahman are a big return for us. Seems strange to say that conceding 4 but gave us so much more going forward and if we can just sort out the screen they'll be good.

If I was manager I'd send Drinkwater back tomorrow.

Camara also needs to get minutes every game. He tries to make things happen.

Great to see Joao back, and omg, give Puscas support and he can actually play football. How can the manager not see it before... we've all known for over a year.

Absolute disgrace on the bench from the coaches. No discipline whatsoever.

oxf*rd the oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd off Pauno you useless pcunt and take that arsehole Dai with you.

I thought you said he should stay until the end of the season.....

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jan 2022 23:28

Very strong team of incredibly talented players for the most part.

Absolutely worked their butts off beyond anything I've seen in the last couple of years.

And yet utterly directionless and a deserved defeat.

We should/could have beaten those shits by several goals today under proper leadership.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2022 23:29

Zip
Snowflake Royal Much better tempo, intensity and purpose first half. But the team can't do it for 90 minutes. So many of them were looking really leggy second half. So why take off possibly the fittest player... even if his errors had cost us some goals.

Rally really bad management, but at least he actually made some changes. Though they quickly disappeared or were wrong into the 2nd half.

The players still playing for him. Though they should be downing tools and demanding a competent replacement.

Yiadom and Rahman are a big return for us. Seems strange to say that conceding 4 but gave us so much more going forward and if we can just sort out the screen they'll be good.

If I was manager I'd send Drinkwater back tomorrow.

Camara also needs to get minutes every game. He tries to make things happen.

Great to see Joao back, and omg, give Puscas support and he can actually play football. How can the manager not see it before... we've all known for over a year.

Absolute disgrace on the bench from the coaches. No discipline whatsoever.

oxf*rd the oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd off Pauno you useless pcunt and take that arsehole Dai with you.

I didn't think he could do this badly. I also said that if he lost six in a row he should go, to you iirc. Something he's rapidly closing in on.

My reason for him staying was entirely based around not tainting his replacement with the utter shit we are this season as well. Nothing to do with him being any good.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 22 Jan 2022 23:31, edited 2 times in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jan 2022 23:30

Zip
Snowflake Royal

And I fiercely defended Pauno like a nob here for ages here even beyond this season.

There's no shame in changing opinion as more data becomes available. It's ridiculous not to, tbh.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 22 Jan 2022 23:30

Royal Ginger
windermereROYAL

I’m gleaning this from the way he plays and from the downshift in his effervescence and exuberance that had typified his on-pitch persona. It’s possibly because he’s not being deployed in a way that facilitates his best talents, but I don’t see that talismanic drive from deep or the symbiotic play with Rinomhota or the general joy in football.

Perhaps I’m wrong but he just doesn’t seem to have the joie de vivre he once did.

Who would playing for this team at the moment though. I miss the old Josh.

I imagine playing alongside Danny “doesn’t give a toss” Drinkwater is rubbing off on him in a negative way. Needs to be alongside Rino again

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2022 23:37

Just gonna say, Pauno has clearly run out of ideas. He opened the game playing the way Hound said he should change it for the match, and then switched to what I said he should do (apart from dropping Shitwater).

Might as well have us on here take it in turns to manage a game each.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jan 2022 23:39

Agree with the concensus that Drinkwater needs to be dropped. We should have a few more options next week.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Jan 2022 01:36

Millsy
Zip
Snowflake Royal

And I fiercely defended Pauno like a nob here for ages here even beyond this season.

There's no shame in changing opinion as more data becomes available. It's ridiculous not to, tbh.

Yes but you and Ian are massive twats.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Jan 2022 06:03

leon
Millsy
Zip

Yes but you and Ian are massive twats.

Ian said hes never ever watching a game again when Bowen got sacked and Pauno came in :lol:

Delboy

by Delboy » 23 Jan 2022 06:24

Yes a better performance, only one game in the next 3 weeks so should have a nearly full squad except Meite. But I have NO confidence in Pauno ability we have the worst defence in the division, need an experienced manager , but no confidence the Chinese will make a change . Sleepwalking to division 1 as it stands .