BFTG QPR (a)

OldBiscuit

Re: BFTG QPR (a)

by OldBiscuit » 29 Jan 2022 21:46

The traditional protest is to boycott the games, but that’s not popular with season ticket holders.
So long as fans buy in, the longer they’ll keep serving up the same.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Jan 2022 21:55

OldBiscuit The traditional protest is to boycott the games, but that’s not popular with season ticket holders.

I mean we've got one of the lowest ticket prices in the division and can't half fill the stadium already.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jan 2022 21:58

AthleticoSpizz Lol

Might need you to cover if Wednesday doesn't suit.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jan 2022 22:03

OldBiscuit The traditional protest is to boycott the games, but that’s not popular with season ticket holders.

From the look of the crowds there's plenty of season ticket holders who've stopped going.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Jan 2022 22:28

Snowflake Royal

From the look of the crowds there's plenty of season ticket holders who've stopped going.

Yep. With the increased cost of petrol and ridiculous catering prices at the ground amongst other things. Cannot be bothered. The accumulation of the past few seasons has finally worn me down. Wander over the road now and watch a club rebuild itself literally from bottom up. The owner doesn't sit in the Directors box to watch the game, but stands in the cheap seats (with his minder) . Totally accessible to the fans. The vision is clear. Start of the season was only 6 first team players on the books. An odd ball collection of free transfers and loanees has subsequently been melded into team. There's a monthly briefing by the CEO to the press. Covers all aspects. From legal proceedings, to stadium plans, players, current debt situation. The transparency is a breathe of fresh air. There's a reconnection to the community. Fans are happy as long as the players give a 100% on the pitch. There's an understanding that the project is long term. Better to have a club than none at all. Puts into clear perspective why Reading are never going to succeed under the current regime.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Jan 2022 22:52

Lower West
Snowflake Royal

Yep. With the increased cost of petrol and ridiculous catering prices at the ground amongst other things. Cannot be bothered. The accumulation of the past few seasons has finally worn me down. Wander over the road now and watch a club rebuild itself literally from bottom up. The owner doesn't sit in the Directors box to watch the game, but stands in the cheap seats (with his minder) . Totally accessible to the fans. The vision is clear. Start of the season was only 6 first team players on the books. An odd ball collection of free transfers and loanees has subsequently been melded into team. There's a monthly briefing by the CEO to the press. Covers all aspects. From legal proceedings, to stadium plans, players, current debt situation. The transparency is a breathe of fresh air. There's a reconnection to the community. Fans are happy as long as the players give a 100% on the pitch. There's an understanding that the project is long term. Better to have a club than none at all. Puts into clear perspective why Reading are never going to succeed under the current regime.

What club would that be?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 29 Jan 2022 22:54

windermereROYAL
Lower West
Snowflake Royal From the look of the crowds there's plenty of season ticket holders who've stopped going.

What club would that be?

Woodley hammers

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Jan 2022 23:00

windermereROYAL
Lower West
Snowflake Royal From the look of the crowds there's plenty of season ticket holders who've stopped going.

What club would that be?

A name I shouldn't mention on the forum. :roll:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2022 00:10

When I was watching Cheltenham Town players bust a gut today
it really hit home. Their players won’t be on a fraction most of our lot are on but they worked their hearts out to close down and press the opposition.
Then I see the highlights of today’s latest capitulation with opposition players in acres of space, free headers, players losing 50/50 challenges.

It’s not just Pauno. The players should be embarrassed by their fitness levels, their lack of organisation, their basic errors, inability to mark or track players.
Sick of them.

JR

by JR » 30 Jan 2022 00:10

Just watched the highlights - 3rd goal is a shocker and evidence of our massive defensive issues.

We have ELEVEN players in the box for the corner and the QPR goal scorer still has acres of space to head in.

It’s not rocket science - DO NOT DEFEND A CORNER WITH ALL YOUR PLAYERS IN A TIGHT AREA.

Surely the players have some common sense and should be pushing against this?

It’s simple maths, the more players a defending team puts in the box, the higher % of people the attacking team end up wIth - so more likely they will win the ball!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Jan 2022 00:17

But ‘DD’ not only attends Reading games, but also plays (himself) “at a high level” on a Saturday afternoon….he’s a gifted kid :roll:

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 30 Jan 2022 00:52

I would have thought some sort of online petition would be very Reading.

Dear Owners

We think a new manager might help us improve our current form. Could you please consider it

Signed
Fans

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 30 Jan 2022 01:56

How about we enter the ground on the 18th minute and walk out on the 71st? Never happen but we won’t miss much.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Jan 2022 09:26

October 16 since our win over Barnsley are record reads.

P16 W2 D3 L11 GF15 GA36 PTS 9.

works out at around 26 points to a season.

There is not a single manager ever that should survive such an horrendous run of results.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 30 Jan 2022 09:38

AthleticoSpizz But ‘DD’ not only attends Reading games, but also plays (himself) “at a high level” on a Saturday afternoon….he’s a gifted kid :roll:

I don't go to many games now

I play sussex Saturday league which is known for being the hardest and best in all football that isn't pro or semi. But I'm injured so just not good now.

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 30 Jan 2022 10:07

Brogue
windermereROYAL
Lower West

What club would that be?

Woodley hammers

I remember the first time I ever played against Woodley Hammers.

I was 12 and played on the left of a four man midfield for Mapledurham, alongside Neil Webb. We had a great team for a season or two.

Fond memories; I scored 2 and we drew 4-4.

Back to the present day….

After yesterday’s debacle; I am reminded of that awful decline in our last season at Elm Park, after we beat Birmingham in January at home, and only managed two more wins all season.

It was a shocking, painful slow death.

But the new stadium and SJMs vision gave us all something to look forward and dream of and we fulfilled our dreams.

Will we look back at 2000 to 2017 as the golden era of the Club?
New stadium, League one play off final, promotion to the Championship, play off semi finalists, 2 Championships, including an all time record breaking season, 2 Play off finals, 8th in the premier league, missed an FA Cup Final by the finest of margins against the then mighty Arsenal, 2 penalty kicks away from a third return to the premier league?

Are we going back to the place we inhabited for the majority of our existence as a Club?

Or can we survive this season in the Championship and rebuild in the summer?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 30 Jan 2022 10:11

Simmops
AthleticoSpizz But ‘DD’ not only attends Reading games, but also plays (himself) “at a high level” on a Saturday afternoon….he’s a gifted kid :roll:

I play sussex Saturday league which is known for being the hardest and best in all football that isn't pro or semi. But I'm injured so just not good now.

Head injury?.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 30 Jan 2022 10:16

Didn’t go to the game but paid £2.50 to listen to commentary and apart from the first 10 minutes it was painful. I won’t be bothering again this season if Pauno stays. I am resigned to the fact we’re going down as we have a oxf*rd clueless manager.

I thought Tim had a good idea about asking someone like Morrison to take over the role as manager/leader. Surely, that can’t be worse than the current shambles.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Jan 2022 10:28

blythspartan Didn’t go to the game but paid £2.50 to listen to commentary and apart from the first 10 minutes it was painful. I won’t be bothering again this season if Pauno stays. I am resigned to the fact we’re going down as we have a oxf*rd clueless manager.

I thought Tim had a good idea about asking someone like Morrison to take over the role as manager/leader. Surely, that can’t be worse than the current shambles.

Totally agree, we can`t hire another manager but we just must have somebody already inside the club that can do a job, i have no idea what the upper management are thinking but FFS if us supporters are thinking it then surely it must be inside their heads too.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 30 Jan 2022 10:39

karbota
Simmops

Head injury?.

Hand injury from finger blasting your mum

:lol: :roll:
:|

You don't even play football or watch games.