Pauno out

3542 posts
Dixie Norm

Re: Pauno out

by Dixie Norm » 31 Jan 2022 14:35

Paunos quote regarding us playing quite well inbetween the 4 goals has been found by QPR fans on twitter and is doing the rounds. The man is so out of his depth I feel slightly sorry for the bloke but he has to be removed.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 14:35

blythspartan Also, the EFL for imposing restrictions that are effectively condemning us to league 1. I get that we have oxf*rd up as a club but the fans haven’t. oxf*rd off to the lot of them.

I said this on a separate thread somewhere else - the EFL also hold some accountability for the problem we find ourselves in now. Our owners previously failed the Fit & Proper Test when trying to buy Hull City and, whilst you'd always anticipate that could change so that they do become "Fit & Proper", the Premier League were "cautious" about the takeover. Basically, warning signs were there well in advance of our takeover.

That's not to say that it's down to them per say or anything else, if they pass their regulations, then they pass, but I just feel as fans we've been kicked in the teeth twice. Allow previously incompetent owners to take over our club and now have us suffering because of it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2022 14:39

the efl restrictions dont bother me a lot tbh. We broke the rules and are paying for it. If we hadn't had a dozen out injured all season, the transfer restrictions would barely raise an eyebrow. We'd still be 5th bottom without the points deduction

It's not just the results and where we are in the table, its the level of performance since December. We were pretty poor before that but its been shameful in the last 6 or 7 games.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 31 Jan 2022 14:58

If you take Derby - they have been hit much harder than what we have. We were given better T&Cs for signing players this season. Yet you look at the level of effort you see from both sets of players. One set are fighting for every point. The other set of players are sulking and have no fight.

Attitude comes from the top. Maybe VP needs to show them the rowing things again.

Injuries aside - we have fielded a squad more than capable to not concede 23 goals in 7 games.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2022 15:01

tidus_mi2
blythspartan I don’t think it matters what we say or do as Pauno will be here until the last game of the season. I am really disappointed that there has been no announcement. I blame, Pauno, the owner and some of the players.

Also, the EFL for imposing restrictions that are effectively condemning us to league 1. I get that we have oxf*rd up as a club but the fans haven’t. oxf*rd off to the lot of them.

The EFL can get oxf*rd really, they've had us under an embargo for what, 3 windows now? Then they decide to slap us with a points deduction, same with Derby really.

Whose fault is it that we've drastically overspent on shit? Ours or the FL?

We've been near relegation several times in the last few years, that overspending is easily seen as what kept us up when we should have gone down.

We've got the players to stay up now. If they performed. Points deduction or not.

We're wholly at fault, not the FL. We knew the rules and we not only broke them, we ignored multiple opportunities to lesson the breach and only ever took action to reduce it when forced.

We deserve to go down.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 31 Jan 2022 15:07

Coppells Lost Coat If you take Derby - they have been hit much harder than what we have. We were given better T&Cs for signing players this season. Yet you look at the level of effort you see from both sets of players. One set are fighting for every point. The other set of players are sulking and have no fight.

Attitude comes from the top. Maybe VP needs to show them the rowing things again.

Injuries aside - we have fielded a squad more than capable to not concede 23 goals in 7 games.

Yeah the players have responsibility for the appalling performances.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 15:16

Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2
blythspartan I don’t think it matters what we say or do as Pauno will be here until the last game of the season. I am really disappointed that there has been no announcement. I blame, Pauno, the owner and some of the players.

Also, the EFL for imposing restrictions that are effectively condemning us to league 1. I get that we have oxf*rd up as a club but the fans haven’t. oxf*rd off to the lot of them.

The EFL can get oxf*rd really, they've had us under an embargo for what, 3 windows now? Then they decide to slap us with a points deduction, same with Derby really.

We've been near relegation several times in the last few years, that overspending is easily seen as what kept us up when we should have gone down.

We've got the players to stay up now. If they performed. Points deduction or not.

We're wholly at fault, not the FL. We knew the rules and we not only broke them, we ignored multiple opportunities to lesson the breach and only ever took action to reduce it when forced.

We deserve to go down.

No but they sanctioned the takeover deal for the Dai's to take control of the club after they were not previously "Fit and Proper" and this deal was met with caution after the takeover was complete. The warning signs were there to begin with.

That's not to say they are responsible for our overspending, they aren't, but we were under a soft transfer embargo before we spent something like £15m on the likes of Puscas, Joao, Ejaria and Rafael in that summer, they allowed these deals to happen whilst having us under an embargo previously. Again, not their fault we spent what we did, but they once again allowed these deals to happen.

I think it's more from a fans perspective we feel like a double victim here. A victim due to our current situation and a victim that the EFL were aware of potential issues with this takeover that they sanctioned.

I'll reiterate, they can't control everything that we do, obviously not our recent performances either, but they are part of the problem here as well, no matter how big/small it may seem.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2022 15:22

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2 The EFL can get oxf*rd really, they've had us under an embargo for what, 3 windows now? Then they decide to slap us with a points deduction, same with Derby really.

We deserve to go down.

No but they sanctioned the takeover deal for the Dai's to take control of the club after they were not previously "Fit and Proper" and this deal was met with caution after the takeover was complete. The warning signs were there to begin with.

That's not to say they are responsible for our overspending, they aren't, but we were under a soft transfer embargo before we spent something like £15m on the likes of Puscas, Joao, Ejaria and Rafael in that summer, they allowed these deals to happen whilst having us under an embargo previously. Again, not their fault we spent what we did, but they once again allowed these deals to happen.

I think it's more from a fans perspective we feel like a double victim here. A victim due to our current situation and a victim that the EFL were aware of potential issues with this takeover that they sanctioned.

I'll reiterate, they can't control everything that we do, obviously not our recent performances either, but they are part of the problem here as well, no matter how big/small it may seem.

People put way too much stock in the Owners and Directors test (hasn't been fit and proper for about a decade.) Basically all it does is ask for proof of funds and whether they have any dodgy convictions.

The FL and PL are also separate authorities and have different tests.

The PL test outcome isn't really relevant, the FL have to test to their criteria.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 16:00

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Whose fault is it that we've drastically overspent on shit? Ours or the FL?

We deserve to go down.

People put way too much stock in the Owners and Directors test (hasn't been fit and proper for about a decade.) Basically all it does is ask for proof of funds and whether they have any dodgy convictions.

The FL and PL are also separate authorities and have different tests.

The PL test outcome isn't really relevant, the FL have to test to their criteria.

Regardless, it got rejected, so therefore it got rejected for a reason. The Premier League also always look over any takeover deals for clubs that could potentially play in their division, it was met with caution. The point is, the EFL and PL were aware of the rejection to takeover Hull City as they failed the test, there is obviously some history/background that we have not been made aware of.

Again, they can't stop our owners spending money or whatever else, but they've imposed plenty of sanctions on us for seasons now, which then resulted in more ridiculous spending after that, as well as sanctioning a takeover that was previously rejected at another club. We are also well aware of the situations of both KSV Roselare and Beijing Renhe. We might be different clubs altogether, but we were owned by the same people. All I am saying is, from my perspective as a fan, I feel pretty hard done by that previously incompetent owners are now in charge of our club and showing to the entire country and football governing body why the takeover was met with caution to begin with.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Jan 2022 16:45

Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2

We deserve to go down.

I agree with this but my main point is that the fans aren’t at fault. Yes, we may have welcomed the over spending but what fans don’t love to see their club spending big bucks on players. It’s still galling that Man City can spunk £100m on one player. I understand it’s the way of the world but that doesn’t make it right.

We should be punished but if it’s to the point of condemning us to relegation and being unable to change our manager it’s taking it too far. Also, if we end up going into liquidation the EFL will have played their part in helping to kill another club.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2022 16:59

It's not really the FL's job to make clubs run themselves properly.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 17:04

No but it's their responsibility as to who takes charge of each club. It doesn't reflect well on them when owners, who have very recently had a takeover of another club rejected, takeover a club elsewhere.

Correct, they can't tell us where to spend or how to run our clubs, but they haven't covered themselves in glory either.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2022 17:07

YorkshireRoyal99 No but it's their responsibility as to who takes charge of each club. It doesn't reflect well on them when owners, who have very recently had a takeover of another club rejected, takeover a club elsewhere.

Correct, they can't tell us where to spend or how to run our clubs, but they haven't covered themselves in glory either.

Football regulation is terrible. But one previous failed bid is irrelevant. Its simply a question of does this bid meet requirements.

He demonstrated money. He didn't have a sufficiently dodgy past. His wealth isn't an issue, his actions are.

The test doesn't look for whether someone is a clueless pcunt.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2022 17:21

It's nice people are finally starting to accept Dai is the problem and not a saviour though.

Blackbag

by Blackbag » 31 Jan 2022 18:04

Just checked goggle and hobnob , can’t believe he’s still in the job

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 Jan 2022 18:11

Snowflake Royal It's nice people are finally starting to accept Dai is the problem and not a saviour though.

He`s far from perfect but I would like to know the alternative, no owner potentially no club.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 31 Jan 2022 18:16

windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal It's nice people are finally starting to accept Dai is the problem and not a saviour though.

He`s far from perfect but I would like to know the alternative, no owner potentially no club.

Dai as the owner, potentially no club too

That he’s like the Venky’s is probably the most we can hope for now

Gloucesterroyal

by Gloucesterroyal » 31 Jan 2022 18:21

Blackbag Just checked goggle and hobnob , can’t believe he’s still in the job

Can't believe it too. There doesn't seem to be anyone running the club.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Jan 2022 19:22

Coppells Lost Coat If you take Derby - they have been hit much harder than what we have. We were given better T&Cs for signing players this season. Yet you look at the level of effort you see from both sets of players. One set are fighting for every point. The other set of players are sulking and have no fight.

We arnt in the same boat as Derby, I think they got off too lightly. They went into administration, had unpaid bills and unpaid staff and debtors left out of pocket. They challenged the EFL rules in court and were a constant pain in the arse. To this day I believe they used the legal system to delay the inevitable and remain in the championship. If they had just accepted their punishment and wrongdoings I'm convinced Wycombe would have replaced them.
And let's remember, they loved Mo Morris pissing money up the wall on bigname managers and big buys, then when it all goes wrong and he loses 200mill, he is the enemy. Two faced tossers that they are.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 20:16

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99 No but it's their responsibility as to who takes charge of each club. It doesn't reflect well on them when owners, who have very recently had a takeover of another club rejected, takeover a club elsewhere.

Football regulation is terrible. But one previous failed bid is irrelevant. Its simply a question of does this bid meet requirements.

He demonstrated money. He didn't have a sufficiently dodgy past. His wealth isn't an issue, his actions are.

The test doesn't look for whether someone is a clueless pcunt.

No, but they also did fail for a reason and the fact the takeover of our club was met with "caution" shows that there is something there, otherwise none of that would have happened.

3542 posts