Official RFC Clownovic Day. The protest thread

338 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Official RFC Clownovic Day. The protest thread

by Royal_jimmy » 02 Feb 2022 20:52

Anyone taking a clown wig to the Coventry game?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 02 Feb 2022 21:44

Royal_jimmy Anyone taking a clown wig to the Coventry game?

No

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Feb 2022 23:05

Two hours before kick off seems excessive.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Feb 2022 23:09

Dai might well give us our Reading back.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 02 Feb 2022 23:29

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Dirk Gently
Really? If he decides to stop putting any money in, what can the EFL do? And how do you find a suitable buyer for a club with debts of over £230M?

He walks, we go into adminstration immediately. Then there needs to a settlement that covers the debts - if one can be made. An d buyer found for a club that's in financial tatters...

Our only debt is to him isn't it? We are, at least, relatively debt free to third parties.

Not sure if this makes him more or less likely to walk, as doing so will see him write off an immense amount of money - he would be better served trying to find a willing buyer who can pay him X for the club and the stadium and potentially agree a payment plan of any agreed debt.

But in short, we have no idea of the real picture despite it appearing to be a total mess.

Yep. He either loses the lot, or gets a buyer and makes some of it back. He can't stop owning the club without someone buying it or the club being liquidated.

To liquidate he'd have to deliberately avoid other buyers to dissolve us himself. And then he'd still own the stadium (which he couldn't do much with) and the training ground, which he probably could.

Don’t we have to enter administration before we can liquidate? That would mean the administrators would take control of the club and would have full control over the next buyer. He already owns the training ground and the stadium has been sold on if I remember correctly. I think Dai is much more likely to sell the club and forgive the debt personally than anything else.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Feb 2022 07:54

TiagoIlori
Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Our only debt is to him isn't it? We are, at least, relatively debt free to third parties.

Not sure if this makes him more or less likely to walk, as doing so will see him write off an immense amount of money - he would be better served trying to find a willing buyer who can pay him X for the club and the stadium and potentially agree a payment plan of any agreed debt.

But in short, we have no idea of the real picture despite it appearing to be a total mess.

Yep. He either loses the lot, or gets a buyer and makes some of it back. He can't stop owning the club without someone buying it or the club being liquidated.

To liquidate he'd have to deliberately avoid other buyers to dissolve us himself. And then he'd still own the stadium (which he couldn't do much with) and the training ground, which he probably could.

Don’t we have to enter administration before we can liquidate? That would mean the administrators would take control of the club and would have full control over the next buyer. He already owns the training ground and the stadium has been sold on if I remember correctly. I think Dai is much more likely to sell the club and forgive the debt personally than anything else.

Pretty sure an owner can voluntarily liquidate a company. Administration is only used if there is a chance (and a want) to keep the company going. Could be wrong though.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 03 Feb 2022 08:30

Royal_jimmy Anyone taking a clown wig to the Coventry game?

Yep! Me and my boys are all clown-wigged up for the big protest (and if it doesn't happen then we're simply getting into the 150th Anniversary party spirit).

Do you think the stewards at the gates will confiscate wigs so we'll have to hide them down our socks until we get in?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Feb 2022 08:41

All for a protest and now seems the right time but is there a unified message on this?

Even Give us our club back seems a bit nebulous? What does that mean? Dai get out, Dai stay but change the way the club is run? VP Out, McDermott in? Shake it all about?

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 03 Feb 2022 09:18

I am not sure if there could be a worse game to pick for protesting... A day of celebration for the clubs 150 year anniversary, with an extra 12000 fans who have no idea what they are protesting for.

In fact does anyone know what they are protesting for? Pauno out, Kia out, the board out? What is the purpose? There is no point just calling the protest we want our Reading back, when there is no definition to what that means. Whoever is organising this protest needs to have some balls and actually call out who/what they are protesting about. At the moment just feels like a half arsed attempt to copy Birmingham and Derby.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 03 Feb 2022 09:19

Also will there be beer / free beer at the protest. If so count me in.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Feb 2022 09:22

Stranded All for a protest and now seems the right time but is there a unified message on this?

Even Give us our club back seems a bit nebulous? What does that mean? Dai get out, Dai stay but change the way the club is run? VP Out, McDermott in? Shake it all about?

I mentioned yesterday that I applaud the attempt to do something but I do worry it will fall flat. They've organised a protest between 1pm and 2:30pm but then they will all stop and become good old fashioned football supporters for the next 2 hours? Just how angry are you protesters? You're so furious about the running of the club you can instantly calm down so the club can enjoy the 150th celebrations? Ridiculous.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 03 Feb 2022 09:36

NathStPaul
Stranded All for a protest and now seems the right time but is there a unified message on this?

I mentioned yesterday that I applaud the attempt to do something but I do worry it will fall flat. They've organised a protest between 1pm and 2:30pm but then they will all stop and become good old fashioned football supporters for the next 2 hours? Just how angry are you protesters? You're so furious about the running of the club you can instantly calm down so the club can enjoy the 150th celebrations? Ridiculous.

Exactly the point I was trying to make, you can't protest and then when the game starts have a big display celebrating that we are 150 years old. Save it for another game, when the stadium is at its normal atmosphere and normal capactiy.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Feb 2022 09:41

Theroyalbox
NathStPaul

Exactly the point I was trying to make, you can't protest and then when the game starts have a big display celebrating that we are 150 years old. Save it for another game, when the stadium is at its normal atmosphere and normal capactiy.

You either have to go hard with it or go home, stopping a protest to then play happy families during the game is completely ridiculous. What other club in the EFL would do this? Can't think of any.

If anything surely you organise the protest for after the game if you have to. All the supporters are in the stadium, just get on the pitch ffs.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Feb 2022 09:48

Theroyalbox I am not sure if there could be a worse game to pick for protesting... A day of celebration for the clubs 150 year anniversary, with an extra 12000 fans who have no idea what they are protesting for.

In fact does anyone know what they are protesting for? Pauno out, Kia out, the board out? What is the purpose? There is no point just calling the protest we want our Reading back, when there is no definition to what that means. Whoever is organising this protest needs to have some balls and actually call out who/what they are protesting about. At the moment just feels like a half arsed attempt to copy Birmingham and Derby.

Bless, you think we're going to add 12k fans? :lol:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 03 Feb 2022 09:51

Snowflake Royal
Theroyalbox I am not sure if there could be a worse game to pick for protesting... A day of celebration for the clubs 150 year anniversary, with an extra 12000 fans who have no idea what they are protesting for.

I think the point was that Coventry is expected to be a sell-out and we are currently getting something around £10k home fans per game at the moment.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Feb 2022 09:51

Snowflake Royal

I mean, they've nearly sold 21,000 tickets, as of Tuesday, last home attendance was 10,700.

Not inconceivable, whether all 21,000 turn up is a different matter though.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Feb 2022 09:53

Hendo
Snowflake Royal

I mean, they've nearly sold 21,000 tickets, as of Tuesday, last home attendance was 10,700.

Ian meant in the long term didn't he? Thats how I read it anyway.

I think the point made by Royal Box is valid to a degree. You're going to have a lot of confused casual fans walking around the stadium seeing people waving flags and protesting who will probably never return. I really am not sure this is the game to do the protest and I am even less sure about their timing of it.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 03 Feb 2022 09:54

Hendo
Snowflake Royal

Yeah was just simple maths tbh

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 03 Feb 2022 09:56

NathStPaul
Hendo
Snowflake Royal Bless, you think we're going to add 12k fans? :lol:

I think the point made by Royal Box is valid to a degree. You're going to have a lot of confused casual fans walking around the stadium seeing people waving flags and protesting who will probably never return. I really am not sure this is the game to do the protest and I am even less sure about their timing of it.

Sorry I meant 21000 at the Coventry game (I think I saw that floating around somewhere). The point I was trying to make was for the protest to be meaningful, you want it to be in a soul destroying game like Luton/Fulham.

Imagine protesting before, then our biggest crowd of the season see's us beat Coventry (unlikely i know) then all of a sudden it gives Pauno, Dai, Kia whoever you want to protest about another lifeline.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Feb 2022 09:57

NathStPaul
Hendo
Snowflake Royal Bless, you think we're going to add 12k fans? :lol:

Oh right, yeah I see that now. I just put 2 and 2 together (well 10 and 12...)

I won't be protesting anyway, can't get there early enough on Saturday, will probably only get there 2:45ish.

338 posts