3542 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pauno out

by Hendo » 10 Feb 2022 15:35

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
That's the way I saw it too. Dellor was out to get Pauno to throw a wobbly and seemed happy when he got the reaction he wanted. His tone of questioning from the outset was bordering on disrespectful and offensive. From almost the outset of the interview he went off on one about the substitution at the end which didn't happen. For once Pauno offered a full and logical explanation (player had indicated they were injured - Holmes?) and even talked through how they planned to rearrange the team. Player then said he was OK to continue so they didn't make the sub. Despite that, Dellor still had to come back with a childish and unprofessional response along the lines of 'well it still looked like a shambles'. Dellor then persisted in badgering Pauno for his feelings about the planned demo, even though Pauno said that he had answered that question when Dellor had asked it a day or so previously.

To my mind, Dellor is too much of a fan and often lets his passion get in the way of doing his job as well as he could/should do. That's why I prefer Benjy from The Chronicle. Whilst he still clearly cares about the club, he is not a lifelong supporter and therefore has less skin in the game. That enables him to be more objective. He didn't give Pauno an easy ride with his questions last night but maintained a degree of respect and professionalism. Consequently his interview ran to the full and he got more answers (whether we like them or not) for us.

Given this, I expect Benjy to get far more time and information from the club and management team, at least for as long as Pauno remains.

Dellor is shit at his job. He's too close to it all to be objective and impartial as he should be.

You see it when he gets on a players back like Vydra, or defends a player no matter what like Gunter. Same with manager interviews. He's a fan he wants Paunovic gone and he's emotional after another defeat.

He's just not professional.

Doesn't really excuse Pauno, he's got to deal with the situation and he should have a handle on Dellor after 18 months.

You literally contradict yourself with every post. Dont know even where to begin with this horror show.

But - i will say - Dellor is excellent at what he does.

Like when he gets players confused on commentary and can't describe the action accurately?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Feb 2022 15:38

Its not ruined my enjoyment in listening to him etc etc

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2022 15:57

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
That's the way I saw it too. Dellor was out to get Pauno to throw a wobbly and seemed happy when he got the reaction he wanted. His tone of questioning from the outset was bordering on disrespectful and offensive. From almost the outset of the interview he went off on one about the substitution at the end which didn't happen. For once Pauno offered a full and logical explanation (player had indicated they were injured - Holmes?) and even talked through how they planned to rearrange the team. Player then said he was OK to continue so they didn't make the sub. Despite that, Dellor still had to come back with a childish and unprofessional response along the lines of 'well it still looked like a shambles'. Dellor then persisted in badgering Pauno for his feelings about the planned demo, even though Pauno said that he had answered that question when Dellor had asked it a day or so previously.

To my mind, Dellor is too much of a fan and often lets his passion get in the way of doing his job as well as he could/should do. That's why I prefer Benjy from The Chronicle. Whilst he still clearly cares about the club, he is not a lifelong supporter and therefore has less skin in the game. That enables him to be more objective. He didn't give Pauno an easy ride with his questions last night but maintained a degree of respect and professionalism. Consequently his interview ran to the full and he got more answers (whether we like them or not) for us.

Given this, I expect Benjy to get far more time and information from the club and management team, at least for as long as Pauno remains.

Dellor is shit at his job. He's too close to it all to be objective and impartial as he should be.

You see it when he gets on a players back like Vydra, or defends a player no matter what like Gunter. Same with manager interviews. He's a fan he wants Paunovic gone and he's emotional after another defeat.

He's just not professional.

Doesn't really excuse Pauno, he's got to deal with the situation and he should have a handle on Dellor after 18 months.

You literally contradict yourself with every post. Dont know even where to begin with this horror show.

But - i will say - Dellor is excellent at what he does.

Please feel free to share the contradiction.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Feb 2022 16:30

YorkshireRoyal99
Millsy
Snowflake Royal I resign.

Or, I am doing my best and will continue to do so until the owner asks me to leave. I won't walk away and leave the club with no manager because I think that would only make the situation worse. I understand the fans frustrations. I feel them too. I have absolutely no hard feelings. When results are this bad, a reaction is inevitable. It's not good enough.

Makes me wonder if he's genuinely surprised anyone's suggesting he should go. Does he think he has a God given right to stay? Does he really think he's the answer?

I don't think he will think that it's a surprise, he isn't clueless, he's been in football basically all of his life and he's been in management a while, he will understand results reflect his performance ultimately, probably not more so that we are towards the bottom where the results really do matter and every point counts.

I also don't think he has the "right" to stay, but I also do think he has a right to believe he should have his contract honoured as that's what the club trusted him with. I probably do think he believes he is the answer, otherwise he wouldn't be in a job. As much as people don't like the idea of him staying based on current results and position, from a personal point of view, fair play to the man for wanting to rectify what has been going wrong, especially when a fair few of the reasons behind our performance hasn't all been down to his management either, debatably so. I'll always respect someone who wants to change the situation they currently find themselves in, it's part of the reason why I still have some support for Pauno, even though I do want to see a change. I'll support the club whilst he is our manager and when he isn't as well, so I'll always want to see him do well and I do actually want to see him turn this situation around even though I'm losing belief that he is the answer, fair play to him for sticking at this.

He just wants to get paid off for being sacked

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 10 Feb 2022 17:18

Liverpool chairman on Twitter :shock: :shock: :shock:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Feb 2022 17:19

Brogue Liverpool chairman on Twitter :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol:

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 10 Feb 2022 17:21

We’ve actually hired a circus for Saturday :shock: :shock: :D :lol:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Feb 2022 17:34

Brogue We’ve actually hired a circus for Saturday :shock: :shock: :D :lol:

Fcuking christ.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2022 17:36

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Feb 2022 17:44

Pleases god don't let any other club's fans see this.

EDIT, wait, is it still ironic?

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 10 Feb 2022 18:40

If Pauno isn’t sacked, I can see the season playing out like such:

Coventry City (H) - D
Peterborough United (A) - D
Preston NE (A) - L
Birmingham (H) - D
Blackpool (A) - L
Millwall (H) - D
Nottingham Forest (A) - L
Bournemouth (A) - L
Blackburn Rovers (H) - L
Barnsley (A) - W
Stoke City (H) - L
Cardiff City (H) - D
Sheffield United (A) - L
Swansea City (H) - L
Hull City (A) - D
West Brom (H) - L
Luton Town (A) - D

These things obviously never turn out as expected, so giving leeway and converting a few of the expected draws into wins, I can see a maximum of a 14 point return.

Derby should quite capably outdo that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2022 19:27

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Feb 2022 19:31

I think once we are relegated the players will think oxf*rd this and actually start playing to their ability and disregard what Clowno wants them to do. Can easily see us picking up some points then.

traff

by traff » 11 Feb 2022 08:43

Snowflake Royal LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Bit unfair this. You haven't factored in how well we would do between defeats?!

Dixie Norm

by Dixie Norm » 11 Feb 2022 09:04

People are going to get dizzy if they're protesting atop a merry-go-round

Gobsheik

by Gobsheik » 11 Feb 2022 09:10

A Circus :shock: I am already embarrassed by this seasons shenanigans, but, to pop in a circus is just so pathetic. I am expecting to see Joao going around in circles on it :D

PS I hope i amone of the lucky winners!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Feb 2022 20:40

Sack this fraud before Reading FC are thrown into the abyss

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Feb 2022 20:45

Yes we know Jimmy

Calm down

Change the fukkin tune

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Feb 2022 20:54

Preparing for the team photo earlier today

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Feb 2022 21:10

The club are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. I don’t care what fans of other clubs think. They can fukk off. To me the club are trying to make tomorrow a positive experience. Lots of kids will be there. They are the future supporters of our football club.

3542 posts