Pauno out

3542 posts
ILoveMoonPig

Re: Pauno out

by ILoveMoonPig » 15 Feb 2022 06:29

Ascotexgunner
Brogue What do we think then, will he be gone tomorrow? Or will he be in the dug out on Wednesday still?

He isn't going. He will be in the dugout until they find a replacement. Don't think the owners trust anyone in the backroom.

Can't say I blame them, I think they've been a bit naive to how many vultures there are in the game and now they don't know who to trust. It's the main reason I miss Hammond/Howe being at the club, to see through those people.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Feb 2022 07:33

Ascotexgunner
YorkshireRoyal99
Zip We don’t seem to have any internal structure within the club. It just seems so amateurish.

The time we did under Bowen we were actually seemingly on the up at that point. Having said that, the board would argue that last season we had a DoF (Dayong Pang) as well as Pauno and finished 7th so that would be used as an improvement and they keep labelling the "unprecedented circumstances" this season.

I don't think the board believe what they've done in the last 1 and a bit seasons is actually wrong up until now.

"On the up"? Bowen won just 5 home games from October and we had some shockers. Mullered 0-3 by Wigan at home and as for the Swansea game. Should have pulled the trigger on him the moment the season ended.
The very very last manager who had us on the up was sadly the Scottish traitor in the 15/16 when we were on a roll. Football was good and we were really were making progress. He looked like he was starting to build something.

We returned to shit before Clarke left that good spell was all down to Blackman being a footballer for s dozen games

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Feb 2022 08:01

The last time we had a decent team to watch was 2011/12. Even the following season in the premiership was pretty rubbish tbh, apart from a couple of games.

Apart from 2005/2006 and 2 seasons in the premiership my favourite time of watching us was under Mark McGhee and Colin Lee and then Quinn and Gooding. Plus, always loved the Maurice Evans team of the 1978/79 season.

This is just my personal opinion but in all honesty I haven’t enjoyed watching us play for 10 years now. We have put the odd run together under various managers but even the last time we got to the playoffs under Stam the football was terrible to watch at times. I guess people on here will have differing opinions to me but Reading used to be more entertaining to watch in the old 4th division to what I have witnessed this season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Feb 2022 08:39

Has he gone yet?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Feb 2022 08:44

9am is on the horizon.......

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Feb 2022 08:47

One of my friend's neighbours knows the ex-girlfriend of a catering delivery guy for RFC and told me something but he made me sign a NDA, so I can't divulge sorry.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 15 Feb 2022 08:48

POW! no out?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Feb 2022 09:02

blythspartan The last time we had a decent team to watch was 2011/12. Even the following season in the premiership was pretty rubbish tbh, apart from a couple of games.

Apart from 2005/2006 and 2 seasons in the premiership my favourite time of watching us was under Mark McGhee and Colin Lee and then Quinn and Gooding. Plus, always loved the Maurice Evans team of the 1978/79 season.

This is just my personal opinion but in all honesty I haven’t enjoyed watching us play for 10 years now. We have put the odd run together under various managers but even the last time we got to the playoffs under Stam the football was terrible to watch at times. I guess people on here will have differing opinions to me but Reading used to be more entertaining to watch in the old 4th division to what I have witnessed this season.

Totally agree on all fronts (except I didn't start going until after 78/79 so can't comment on that point).

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 15 Feb 2022 09:10

Riddle me this:

What have Derek Adams, Stephen Glass and Patrick "Pat" Clifton got in the last couple of days that Veljko Paunovic has not?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Feb 2022 09:19

9am comes and goes
Paunovic still running the show.
When will he go? Nobody knows
Just fcuk off.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 15 Feb 2022 09:25

blythspartan The last time we had a decent team to watch was 2011/12. Even the following season in the premiership was pretty rubbish tbh, apart from a couple of games.

Agreed, except that 11/12 team wasn't that easy on the eye at times. The season didn't pick up until it was about a third of the way through, and then they ground their way to the Championship through determination and teamwork. Some games were almost painful to watch (e.g. Brighton away where we won 1-0 without having any shots on target!) - and what was entertaining was us winning against the odds again and again. West Ham away was another one - we won but I still don't know how...

So yes - good to watch, but for quite different reasons to the 106 point team who were just an absolute joy.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Feb 2022 09:32

Dirk Gently

Agreed, except that 11/12 team wasn't that easy on the eye at times. The season didn't pick up until it was about a third of the way through, and then they ground their way to the Championship through determination and teamwork. Some games were almost painful to watch (e.g. Brighton away where we won 1-0 without having any shots on target!) - and what was entertaining was us winning against the odds again and again. West Ham away was another one - we won but I still don't know how...

So yes - good to watch, but for quite different reasons to the 106 point team who were just an absolute joy.

Yeh some of those wins were similar to our rope-a-dope run at the beginning of last season.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 15 Feb 2022 09:34

Millsy One of my friend's neighbours knows the ex-girlfriend of a catering delivery guy for RFC and told me something but he made me sign a NDA, so I can't divulge sorry.

Go on, you know you want to :wink:

Seriously, there must be someone on here who is ITK or has a friend-of-a-friend who they could ask? Or can someone hang around in 'Spoons to ask Holmes or McIntyre what is going on when they inevitably roll in.

We need the Bushwatch Man back!

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Feb 2022 09:35

morganb
Millsy One of my friend's neighbours knows the ex-girlfriend of a catering delivery guy for RFC and told me something but he made me sign a NDA, so I can't divulge sorry.

Go on, you know you want to :wink:

Seriously, there must be someone on here who is ITK or has a friend-of-a-friend who they could ask? Or can someone hang around in 'Spoons to ask Holmes or McIntyre what is going on when they inevitably roll in.

We need the Bushwatch Man back!

I think what has been reported widely on social media is largely true, it is just taking time to iron out the compensation issues.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Feb 2022 09:44

I can only imagine some form of stand off is going on.

Pauno wanted out but contract paid up.
Dai wants him out but because pains wants out won’t pay him off.
Both getting stubborn as one another.

Now in this ridiculous situation and stalemate where neither will budge, dai wants him gone for breach of contract but pauno is doing what’s asked.

They won’t put him on gardening leave because then that leads to compensation.

Dais clearly hoped we would stumble through this year to safety and then make a change.

He is now in no man’s land, pauno is calling the shots. Almost needs to be some form of rebellion from players.

What I do find incredible is that there has hardly been any leaks from within the club. It’s almost watertight.

Edit - apologies, posted this twice

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Feb 2022 09:45

My mind is failing me because I can't think of the examples but I'm sure we've been in similar situations before with reported imminent event not materialising, confusing everyone, then being announced later.

Oh... Carroll is a sort of example. Were signing him... then we weren't... then it turned out we wanted to but there were issues and we eventually did.

Probs wishful thinking as ever.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Feb 2022 09:47

paultheroyal I can only imagine some form of stand off is going on.

Now in this ridiculous situation and stalemate where neither will budge, dai wants him gone for breach of contract but pauno is doing what’s asked.

They won’t put him on gardening leave because then that leads to compensation.

Dais clearly hoped we would stumble through this year to safety and then make a change.

He is now in no man’s land, pauno is calling the shots. Almost needs to be some form of rebellion from players.

What I do find incredible is that there has hardly been any leaks from within the club. It’s almost watertight.

Edit - apologies, posted this twice

yeah reckon thats about right

Dixie Norm

by Dixie Norm » 15 Feb 2022 09:51

Paultheroyal What I do find incredible is that there has hardly been any leaks from within the club

I suspect thats because there's hardly anybody left at the club. From what I can gather the structure is basically Dai > Dai's henchman > Kia. And none of them are going to leak anything!

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Feb 2022 09:51

10am milestone coming up.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Feb 2022 09:54

paultheroyal I can only imagine some form of stand off is going on.

Now in this ridiculous situation

Yeah it is ridiculous.

Pauno will have effectively admitted he's out of his depth so why should Dai pay anything up? Either he's good enough in which case he shuts up and continues or he admits he's not in which case he shouldn't be asking for compensation. Of course he'll argue there have been mitigations that made it hard for him to do his job but to me that's rubbish.

3542 posts