Pauno out

3542 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pauno out

by Hound » 17 Feb 2022 09:53

Pepe the Horseman
Hound
NathStPaul Pepe said he lives in Kettering which if correct I get him driving there. Not to far from Reading in the grand :D scheme, probably a nicer place to live too.

It’s 2 hours away by car and certainly isn’t worth a 2 hour daily commute to live there. Far nicer places in and around Berkshire if you don’t like Reading itself

Is it actually true? Seems thoroughly bizarre if so

I made it up. Sorry.

Yep thought so :D

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Feb 2022 09:55

Pepe the Horseman
Hound
NathStPaul Pepe said he lives in Kettering which if correct I get him driving there. Not to far from Reading in the grand scheme, probably a nicer place to live too.

It’s 2 hours away by car and certainly isn’t worth a 2 hour daily commute to live there. Far nicer places in and around Berkshire if you don’t like Reading itself

I made it up. Sorry.

Not quite sure how people didn't pick up on that straight away.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Feb 2022 09:57

SouthDownsRoyal Agree it isn’t all his fault and has been unlucky it some ways but he isn’t blameless and If he doesn’t want to be here, leave. Easy to resign and walk away from any job

Alleges he has tried to. Presumably he needs to club to accept or there are financial penalties?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 09:57

Hendo
Pepe the Horseman
Hound

I made it up. Sorry.

Because Pepe is an upstanding and honest man who has never lied to us before.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Feb 2022 09:58

Pepe the Horseman
Hound

I made it up. Sorry.

Think the correct response should have been "no comment"

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 17 Feb 2022 10:02

I keep checking the social media on the hour hoping for the announcement, next stop 11:00

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2022 10:04

What I don't get is if we have Chinese owners why don't we have any Chinese whispers?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Feb 2022 10:05

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
You still travel back with your team though no matter where you live.

And more importantly travel up with your team, because you should have been prepping them before leaving.

Far be it from me to defend him but he might well have gone up with the team. The car he left in could have been driven by his wife or agent etc. It isn't a good look though, agree on that front.

I can't see that being likely really. It should be a case where you travel to and from games with the team, on the team bus. If you don't, you may as well not be there. Said it a couple of times now, I can't understand how/why, it seems like, nobody at the club is looking at this and recognising that it's wrong.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 17 Feb 2022 10:15

I think Pauno or a senior member of the squad should just oxf*rd come out as a whistleblower and tell the media what’s going on behind the scenes at the club. Not just us but football seems so corrupt these days that supporting AFC Reading would be much more worthwhile.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Feb 2022 10:18

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal If he drove off in his own car, that surely means he drove up separate to the team.

Which is pretty terrible.

He lives up that way apparently.

WTF. Why would you move to the country to manage Reading and live in East Anglia

Point of accuracy. Kettering is not in East Anglia.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Feb 2022 10:22

Norfolk Royal
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul He lives up that way apparently.

WTF. Why would you move to the country to manage Reading and live in East Anglia

Northamptonshire is still quite a distance.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Feb 2022 10:25

NathStPaul
Hendo
Pepe the Horseman I made it up. Sorry.

Because Pepe is an upstanding and honest man who has never lied to us before.

lol.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 17 Feb 2022 10:30

Norfolk Royal
Snowflake Royal

what would you know about that, Norf........oh I see.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2022 10:36

Can I just get a bit of clarity on the resignation process for managers?

It's possible he hasn't actually "resigned" but has just tried to leave with a payout, hence conflict and delay.

But if he has actually resigned no one can stop him surely. I mean, ok, he can't just not turn up next day that would be ridiculous, but surely there'll be a one month notice period or something to allow Dai to make alternative arrangements and surely we must be there soon going by reports?

I just can't see a situation where a resignation (demanding no payout) doesn't eventually materialise.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 10:39

Millsy Can I just get a bit of clarity on the resignation process for managers?

It's possible he hasn't actually "resigned" but has just tried to leave with a payout, hence conflict and delay.

But if he has actually resigned no one can stop him surely. I mean, ok, he can't just not turn up next day that would be ridiculous, but surely there'll be a one month notice period or something to allow Dai to make alternative arrangements and surely we must be there soon going by reports?

I just can't see a situation where a resignation (demanding no payout) doesn't eventually materialise.

We'd be guessing, would think every manager's contract is different in one way or another. We could be here all day coming up with different scenarios that could be in play here. If only we had proper communication from those at the top, they could shut all the speculation up instantly with some transparency.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2022 10:41

NathStPaul

We'd be guessing, would think every manager's contract is different in one way or another. We could be here all day coming up with different scenarios that could be in play here. If only we had proper communication from those at the top, they could shut all the speculation up instantly with some transparency.

True.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 10:42

Norfolk Royal
Snowflake Royal

Point of accuracy. Pepe made up he lives in Kettering.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2022 10:44

Snowflake Royal
Norfolk Royal
Snowflake Royal WTF. Why would you move to the country to manage Reading and live in East Anglia

Point of accuracy. Pepe made up he lives in Kettering.

He definitely lives in East Anglia though.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 17 Feb 2022 11:07

NathStPaul

It might be that the contract doesn't have a clause for him to voluntarily end his employment. So the only way he can do that is by breaking his contract.

If I hired a builder to redevelop my house and signed a contract to that effect, he couldn't just walk out half-way through - unless I had somehow violated the terms of our contract.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Feb 2022 11:44

Theroyalbox I keep checking the social media on the hour hoping for the announcement, next stop 11:00

Check it after the season ends m9

3542 posts