Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Paul Ince appointed interim manager

by Lower West » 20 Feb 2022 17:06

Zip
PATRIQT
Horsham Royal Paul Ince from a "recent interview":

"If you're an owner and said, 'listen Paul, you've got a three-year contract and three years to get where we want to get to. Don't worry about year one or year two, this is where we want to be after three years and if you haven't done that, then you've lost your job,' then I'll take it.

"If not, then I've got no interest."

So maybe more than interim?

If the club says it's interim, then it's interim; but it is no doubt an opportunity for Ince to prove his worth and earn that 3 year contract.

If he does well over the next few games then he may get until the end of the season. If at the end of the season we are safe and he seems a good fit then give him at most a two year contract. We shouldn’t be giving anyone a three year deal as none of them stay in the job that long these days.

If we are relegated then a cheap pair of hands while the squad is rebuilt.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Feb 2022 17:30

Lower West
Zip
PATRIQT
If the club says it's interim, then it's interim; but it is no doubt an opportunity for Ince to prove his worth and earn that 3 year contract.

If he does well over the next few games then he may get until the end of the season. If at the end of the season we are safe and he seems a good fit then give him at most a two year contract. We shouldn’t be giving anyone a three year deal as none of them stay in the job that long these days.

Are you going back to games now?

Needle

by Needle » 20 Feb 2022 17:47

From Despair To Where? It would appear not. He does seem to be signed up to an agency owned by Jimmy Bullard though.

This fella seems to think he is https://footballtyper.com/2022/02/19/it ... d-reading/

And sheds some light on some of our strange transfer dealings too

Come back Sir John...

Blackbag

by Blackbag » 20 Feb 2022 17:51

I’m reasonably pleased with the appointment, I believe we needed a Brit in charge hopefully will give the team some organisation and a kick up the arse when needed anyone know what the Derby supporters make of it? Arrogant lot

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Feb 2022 18:16

Blackbag I’m reasonably pleased with the appointment, I believe we needed a Brit in charge hopefully will give the team some organisation and a kick up the arse when needed anyone know what the Derby supporters make of it? Arrogant lot

Many of the players only have a limited time until they become free agents. Needs a broad range of management skills to get them to perform to their best consistantly and not simply when they are in the mood.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Feb 2022 18:49

Needle
From Despair To Where? It would appear not. He does seem to be signed up to an agency owned by Jimmy Bullard though.

This fella seems to think he is https://footballtyper.com/2022/02/19/it ... d-reading/

Come back Sir John...

I've not seen any concrete evidence that Kia is his agent. I have seen concrete evidence that he is signed to Extra Time Management and to MN2S for public speaking engagements. By concrete evidence, I mean the client lists for both agencies. It's all in the public domain.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Feb 2022 21:44

Be interesting to see who the "front man" is. They have been announced as working together, so imagine Gilkes is there as he knows the club and Ince brings a different view.

Not clear who gets final say if there is disagreement.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Feb 2022 22:03

Stranded Be interesting to see who the "front man" is. They have been announced as working together, so imagine Gilkes is there as he knows the club and Ince brings a different view.

Not clear who gets final say if there is disagreement.

Gilkesy is a lover not a fighter. He’s not winning that one

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 20 Feb 2022 22:09

I would have preferred to have seen us lure Scott Parker away from tinpot Bournemouth but I guess that the EFL embargo has put pay to that, which is a shame as I’m sure Scott would have jumped at the opportunity of joining a bigger Club.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Feb 2022 22:38

Zip
Lower West
Zip

What has fundamentally changed. Yet another manager has passed through the revolving door. Same old problems exist. The fact that Nigel Howe walked away speaks volumes about the club's owners.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Feb 2022 22:40

Lower West
Zip
Lower West

What has fundamentally changed. Yet another manager has passed through the revolving door. Same old problems exist. The fact that Nigel Howe walked away speaks volumes about the club's owners.

I take that as a no then but share your concerns about the owners.

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 20 Feb 2022 23:00

Come on Incey!

A change has come - it became necessary.

Glad it has and I am excited about having a warrior; a black, east ender who won everything as a player; one of very few to be totally respected by both Liverpool and Man Utd fans - 50 plus caps for England; and a former captain too -

And he did some pretty amazing stuff as the boss at Macclesfield and MK Dons before having a nightmare at two (then) basket case Clubs in Blackburn and Blackpool.

He will command respect from every player in that dressing room and take no shit from anyone.

In the circumstances a brave appointment and an exciting appointment; we have a man with the characteristics we need.

I know it could all go wrong but so can anything.

For once can we stop whining and get excited…

Roll on Birmingham!

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Feb 2022 05:54

Why is his skin colour so important to you?

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 21 Feb 2022 06:54

NathStPaul Why is his skin colour so important to you?

Because a lot of this lot are closet racists. Yes, I’ve said it and those who are racists on here should hang their heads.
I’m behind Ince. I’m behind Mickey Gilkes helping as well. The guv’nor (no idea why your lot are calling him that, as he is a little before my active watching time), will do his best. People have said he’s had a good record at other clubs, so back the fella. Soon colour plays no role. It’s nice to see 2 black guys in the dug out, there aren’t enough in British football

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 21 Feb 2022 08:11

It will be interesting to see how many return from injury all of a sudden.
I cannot remember Inces style as a manager but I am fairly sure some of the pointless passing is over with and I think he doesn't have the sentimental side to keep on plugging away with the same players under performing.
I envisage some 1st half subs and a new set of players getting side lined.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Feb 2022 08:32

I think it's reference to the facts that he I think (might be corrected) was the first black England captain, the first black top flight manager and now the first black RFC manager (again, might be wrong but can't think of another) so that's a good thing for us as a club I think especially when you look at our player demographics.

Shouldn't matter really of course, it's just a minor interesting point. I wouldn't have mentioned it without clarifying why tbh.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Feb 2022 08:38

Millsy

I think it's reference to the facts that he I think (might be corrected) was the first black England captain, the first black top flight manager and now the first black RFC manager (again, might be wrong but can't think of another) so that's a good thing for us as a club I think especially when you look at our player demographics.

Shouldn't matter really of course, it's just a minor interesting point. I wouldn't have mentioned it without clarifying why tbh.

Yeah I don't think the mention of Ince's colour in the Green Programme's post came from a place of racism, nothing to suggest that would be the case as he is level headed and sensible. Just find it odd that it is the first thing he mentioned, I see colour as the least important thing in the world when it comes to the person I want managing the team I support.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 21 Feb 2022 08:45

Millsy

Premiership fixation and rewrite of history

Tony Collins was the first black manager

And ex-RFC legend Keith Curle managed in the equivalent of League One at the very start of his career

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Feb 2022 08:50

Needle

Come back Sir John...

But provides no evidence to support it, unlike much of the article. And admits to it having been already written when Ince was appointed, so that bit will be hastily cobbled together.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 21 Feb 2022 09:18

Welcome Paul!

238 posts