MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (h)

293 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (h)

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Apr 2022 21:01

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal If you go just on having something to play for at this point in the season you're in trouble. Random results happen.

We were supposed to beat Cardiff because they were on the beach and get stuffed by Sheff U according to many.

What is actually the case is that no game is predictably easy or hard right now. And it doesn't matter which games we get points in (I still think we've got something like a 70- 80% chance of staying up if we lose every remaining game), we'll get some in some of them. We're a struggling side, that means we'll get some duff results and some surprise results.

Yeah it will even itself out. As said, expected a win against Cardiff and defeat against Sheff United, we got the inverse but we got as many points as we anticipated in both fixtures regardless.

I'd say we will get 3-6 points in our last 4 games. I'd imagine a draw tomorrow, draw at Hull, draw against West Brom and defeat at Luton. But it could easily be 2 wins in our next 2 and job done, followed by 2 defeats, or a win, 3 defeats and all the other possbilities.

I fancy us beating one of Swansea or Hull. More Hull, who have gone on a little run to be 100% safe, but are still a but rubbish so will probably drop a bollock soon, like we did with Cardiff.

Joao is firing, the defence is tighter, and midfield is playing quicker. Plus Ejaria will start so it's a nailed on W apparently. (Hound :wink: )

FYI we're certain to lose to WBA because I'm planning on it being my first game in person since Covid started

Yeah we do seem to be playing well at the moment and the win against Cardiff did not knock us either going into the Sheff United game. A win is important as it becomes a big booster for tomorrow where we are going to need every fine margin we can get.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Apr 2022 21:29

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
FYI we're certain to lose to WBA because I'm planning on it being my first game in person since Covid started

Good to hear you’re getting to a game !
Hope they do give you a win !

I miss the live games and singing, but it's just so much better value and convenience to turn on 15 minutes before, and log off straight after the final whistle so I can actually enjoy the rest of the day than it is to spend 3 hours traveling either side of the game. And see more than double the games given I never made mid-week ones and missed a few others even when I had a ST. It’s just too far and too pricey to be worth it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Apr 2022 21:37

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal

Good to hear you’re getting to a game !
Hope they do give you a win !

I miss the live games and singing, but it's just so much better value and convenience to turn on 15 minutes before, and log off straight after the final whistle so I can actually enjoy the rest of the day than it is to spend 3 hours traveling either side of the game. And see more than double the games given I never made mid-week ones and missed a few others even when I had a ST. It’s just too far and too pricey to be worth it.

Funny how support takes different forms. I’m only interested in games I’m at. I don’t watch or listen to other games. Of course I live in Reading, so a game is 4 hours of my time, door to door. We all find our way.....

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Apr 2022 22:28

Another. Winnable. Game.

WIn. Next. Game.

URZZZZZ

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 18 Apr 2022 12:46

Millsy Another. Winnable. Game.

WIn. Next. Game.

URZZZZZ

Every game is winnable. HTH.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Apr 2022 12:50

NathStPaul

WIn. Next. Game.

URZZZZZ

Now Paunovic has gone at least

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 18 Apr 2022 12:57

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul

WIn. Next. Game.

URZZZZZ

Indeed. The man was a complete fraud and a bullshit merchant. Not entirely happy with Ince getting the job full time but at least he's a stand up bloke who won't talk complete nonsense.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Apr 2022 13:34

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul Every game is winnable. HTH.

Indeed. The man was a complete fraud and a bullshit merchant. Not entirely happy with Ince getting the job full time but at least he's a stand up bloke who won't talk complete nonsense.

I personally think that's harsh on Pauno, he's just another manager who ended up failing because of bad form at a club. Nothing else to say really, it happens to most managers.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 18 Apr 2022 13:41

YorkshireRoyal99
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal Now Paunovic has gone at least

I personally think that's harsh on Pauno, he's just another manager who ended up failing because of bad form at a club. Nothing else to say really, it happens to most managers.

Not a shock you of all people are defending him. Makes total sense.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Apr 2022 13:43

NathStPaul
YorkshireRoyal99
NathStPaul Indeed. The man was a complete fraud and a bullshit merchant. Not entirely happy with Ince getting the job full time but at least he's a stand up bloke who won't talk complete nonsense.

I know which one of us sounds more ridiculous with the claims being made against him.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 18 Apr 2022 13:45

YorkshireRoyal99
NathStPaul
YorkshireRoyal99

I know which one of us sounds more ridiculous with the claims being made against him.

You are a wet blanket who wouldn't dare criticise anyone or anything. Bore off.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Apr 2022 13:48

NathStPaul
YorkshireRoyal99
NathStPaul Not a shock you of all people are defending him. Makes total sense.

You are a wet blanket who wouldn't dare criticise anyone or anything. Bore off.

I'm pretty sure I have criticised Pauno before, plenty of times, particularly when we were really bad. I also tend to look from the other spectrum and say that he didn't exactly have the easiest of jobs to manoeuvre around either.

As I say, he's just another manager who did well for a period and then got sacked because of a poor run of results, it's quite simple. He's not a fraud, nor is he particularly a bad manager, it didn't work out here, end of.

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 18 Apr 2022 14:00

Come on ! What caused the ‘bad form’ , was it just bad luck , ———— or did Pauno have something to do with it ?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Apr 2022 14:03

Meite on bench, Ejaria presumably injured

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 18 Apr 2022 14:05

Sutekh Meite on bench, Ejaria presumably injured

And Holmes !!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Apr 2022 14:07

Odd to see Holmes and Ejaria out and not even in the squad.

Holmes certainly didn’t seem injured during the celebrations and Ejaria played the entire game.

Glad to see Hoilett in. Shame it'll be on the left where he's less effective.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 18 Apr 2022 14:38

Ejaria not playing, it'll be a quiet match thread today.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Apr 2022 14:53

Once upon a time . Come on ! What caused the ‘bad form’ , was it just bad luck , ———— or did Pauno have something to do with it ?

Of course he had something to do with, I'm not suggesting otherwise, but there were also a lot of mitigating factors that contributed to that as well, both on and off the field.

I've always said Pauno should have been sacked and I'll maintain that, but to say he is a "fraud" is just incorrect in my opinion.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Apr 2022 14:53

I’m here and no Ovie. We’ve lost

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Apr 2022 14:55

Snowflake Royal

Odd to see Holmes and Ejaria out and not even in the squad.

Holmes certainly didn’t seem injured during the celebrations and Ejaria played the entire game.

Glad to see Hoilett in. Shame it'll be on the left where he's less effective.

Holmes has played a lot of games recently, something may have shown up on scans post-Sheff United, or it may just be a simply resting because of the number of games he has played recently as well.

Dele-Bashiru could be on the left with Ince through the middle and Hoilett on the right. Unlikely, but we will just have to see when the teams come out to see how we've set up. I'd imagine it's Ince left, Hoilett right and Laurent as a 10 however.

293 posts