Relegation

1865 posts
Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Relegation

by Vision » 18 Apr 2023 03:38

JR
SWLR Warnock added: "I hope everybody survives, I hope Cardiff, ourselves and Rotherham survive. So you know who I want to go down!"

I really hate Colin... with a passion

As much as we’d like to think this is him winding us up because of a long term vendetta against mighty Reading. It’s as simple as all the other clubs he has a managed - so it’s only natural he wants us, Blackpool and Wigan to go down.

He also managed QPR and didn't mention them which would be more of an obvious dig tbh.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Apr 2023 07:06

Vision
JR
SWLR Warnock added: "I hope everybody survives, I hope Cardiff, ourselves and Rotherham survive. So you know who I want to go down!"

As much as we’d like to think this is him winding us up because of a long term vendetta against mighty Reading. It’s as simple as all the other clubs he has a managed - so it’s only natural he wants us, Blackpool and Wigan to go down.

He also managed QPR and didn't mention them which would be more of an obvious dig tbh.

This. If you purposely list clubs you've managed and allude to it being clear who he wants to go down, it's hoping to be the other club he managed.

He is talking to the press, most of whom will have literally no idea about any "beef" with Reading.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Apr 2023 08:18

Who cares anyway

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Apr 2023 08:23

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal I rather expect they all think they have a good chance of competing. :roll:

There's my point about us though, why can't we compete? It's not like it's something we've not been doing for years, we've been poor but we've managed to be better than other sides. It's not great to see the team lose, but it's better to see us in a better division than a lower one where there is no guarantee we will get out in a timeframe that will satisfy the fans. We should want to be playing at the best level we can, for as long as we can.

I'm not talking about competing to not be relegated, I mean top half.

We've finished top half twice in 10 years. We aren't competing. We have a culture of losing and failure. We're badly run, struggling to be financially competitive.

Take Ipswich, they now have a culture of winning from years of competingfor promotion. They've sorted themselves out, there's a feel good factor about the place.

The last ten years at Reading have been increasingly rancid.

I know you think it's better to be losing in a higher division than winning in a lower one. You know I don't agree.

Guess you could balance an Ipswich out with someone like Charlton who have been pretty mediocre since relegation. Portsmouth as well to an extent

For me it depends a lot on what we did if we did go down. If we fill the team with upper div1 journeyman in an attempt to bounce back then no thanks. If we did genuinely invest in the youth and started the season with some guarantees to the likes of Abrefa, Camara, Ehib, Craig, Clarke(s), CBC that would be get plenty of game time if they play well then I could get on board with it

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Apr 2023 08:26

JR

He's managed all 4 clubs above us so it's expected he'll want us to go down. I'm sure he has nothing against us though as a club.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Apr 2023 08:35

Hound
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
There's my point about us though, why can't we compete? It's not like it's something we've not been doing for years, we've been poor but we've managed to be better than other sides. It's not great to see the team lose, but it's better to see us in a better division than a lower one where there is no guarantee we will get out in a timeframe that will satisfy the fans. We should want to be playing at the best level we can, for as long as we can.

I'm not talking about competing to not be relegated, I mean top half.

We've finished top half twice in 10 years. We aren't competing. We have a culture of losing and failure. We're badly run, struggling to be financially competitive.

Take Ipswich, they now have a culture of winning from years of competingfor promotion. They've sorted themselves out, there's a feel good factor about the place.

The last ten years at Reading have been increasingly rancid.

I know you think it's better to be losing in a higher division than winning in a lower one. You know I don't agree.

Guess you could balance an Ipswich out with someone like Charlton who have been pretty mediocre since relegation. Portsmouth as well to an extent

For me it depends a lot on what we did if we did go down. If we fill the team with upper div1 journeyman in an attempt to bounce back then no thanks. If we did genuinely invest in the youth and started the season with some guarantees to the likes of Abrefa, Camara, Ehib, Craig, Clarke(s), CBC that would be get plenty of game time if they play well then I could get on board with it

I think the Ipwichs outnumber the Charltons a fair amount... think I checked it out a while back.

Just think of the team we could have had if we'd gone down in Stam’s first season rather than finished 3rd.

No Dai ruining the club finances, wage bill roughly where it was last season with players to sell off. And a youth team potentially including Cooper, Dickie, Hyam, Stacey, Fosu and Kelly with Richards, Holmes, McIntyre and Rino coming through behind.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Apr 2023 09:40

Let’s finish above Cardiff, Huddersfield QPR and Wigan (throw in Blackpool, if you like but it would be nice to relegate both Cardiff and Huddersield)…

And do it on the last day away at Huddersfield where we are outplayed but win with an offside goal and Colin sent off.

It’s such a shame we can’t relegate Huddersfield, Cardiff and QPR as a threesome

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 18 Apr 2023 13:22

See Colin is at it again, not happy with Burnley's changes on Sat :D

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... -fc-clash/

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Apr 2023 14:30

Mid Sussex Royal See Colin is at it again, not happy with Burnley's changes on Sat :D

Meh. Imagine Sheffield United side will be something similar as they'll be promoted by the time they go there at the end of the month.

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 18 Apr 2023 14:31

Mid Sussex Royal See Colin is at it again, not happy with Burnley's changes on Sat :D

We may not be happy when Sheffield utd put out a weak side against them :roll:

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 18 Apr 2023 19:37

I'm sure he has nothing against us though as a club.[/quote]

... just two words... Wally Downes

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 18 Apr 2023 19:49

I have been expecting that. What Vincent Kompany does is up to him. He can play any team he wants. If I was NH I would get every press comment Warnock makes between now and the end of the season and stick it on the dressing room wall.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Apr 2023 20:13

Well they`ve put out a weakened side against Rotherham tonight, but I would expect that`s okay because it`s not us

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 18 Apr 2023 20:18

And they are winning

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 19 Apr 2023 10:09

Good results for us last night. Need a couple more tonight and a win at home to Luton and the momentum is with us again.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 19 Apr 2023 10:16

Good results for us last night. Need a couple more tonight and a win at home to Luton and the momentum is with us again.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Apr 2023 10:25

Teams will always rest players when they have nothing left to go for, this happens every season it's no use complaining, sometimes you benefit, sometimes you don't.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Apr 2023 12:15

tidus_mi2 Teams will always rest players when they have nothing left to go for, this happens every season it's no use complaining, sometimes you benefit, sometimes you don't.

It's the time of season results become incredibly hard to predict.

Resting squads, dealing with pressure... teams looking for promotion choking, teams on the fringes sensing a chance, teams at the bottom picking up points because the pressure is on or they're already gone so they relax. Teams who think it's done phoning it in and getting dragged back.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Apr 2023 16:30

It's happening. Years of pain are coming our way

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2023 16:32

We've already had a decade of pain, so if that's the case its nothing new.

1865 posts