Division one things to forward to……..

483 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Division one things to forward to……..

by Royal_jimmy » 29 Apr 2023 20:53

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal How will we know the difference?

Because we should be expecting to be fighting near the top of league one, not the bottom of the championship. I can see the smile on your face from Reading at the prospects of playing Stevenage next season.

Grow up jimmy. There's a nice lad.

Haha! You're good at making me laugh and lightening up. But we shouldn't be losing to clubs punching above their own weight. The players deserve all the criticism they get. I hope you don't sit next to me next season! :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Apr 2023 21:09

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy
Because we should be expecting to be fighting near the top of league one, not the bottom of the championship. I can see the smile on your face from Reading at the prospects of playing Stevenage next season.

Grow up jimmy. There's a nice lad.

Haha! You're good at making me laugh and lightening up. But we shouldn't be losing to clubs punching above their own weight. The players deserve all the criticism they get. I hope you don't sit next to me next season! :wink:

We haven't lost to any of them yet.

I don’t do sitting. And I back the team vocally at the stadium... if that's not your thing fair enough.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 29 Apr 2023 21:22

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal Grow up jimmy. There's a nice lad.

We haven't lost to any of them yet.

I don’t do sitting. And I back the team vocally at the stadium... if that's not your thing fair enough.

Oh I back them vocally. If they're good I clap them and if they underperform I give them the abuse they deserve. Mind you I'm pretty good at giving abuse out as every single one of the players who started today is shit

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Apr 2023 22:57

Going to a Reading game that takes me less than 30 mins to get to!

Felt91

by Felt91 » 30 Apr 2023 06:28

Youngsters getting a lot more game time, Jon Clarke, abbey, jamari Clarke, big kelv, Abrefa, either of Anderson or cbc in goal, camera. Maybe scott, osorio, holtzman, Senga. Some of which are reading boys. Seeing them grow as players hopefully the team grow. If not then maybe sell a few off after promising starts to actually get money back in and start running the club sustainable Again. Them players with a dozen plus senior players should be more enjoyable to watch.

Hopefully a young manager who wants to play a bit of football and give the exciting youngsters freedom. Someone like O’Shea who wants to win (heard lots of good things about him from someone at the club when he was there) and can coach a defence.

Looking forward to what looks like a few more local games and different teams we not played in a while. Hopefully winning some games or at very least watching football with enjoyment again rather then being bored before it starts.

Getting a run out in the jpt and not having to stop football for international breaks!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 30 Apr 2023 06:57

I work in Bristol and most of my colleagues are Gas fans, so that will be fun next season.....

Felt91

by Felt91 » 30 Apr 2023 08:12

Felt91 Youngsters getting a lot more game time, Jon Clarke, abbey, jamari Clarke, big kelv, Abrefa, either of Anderson or cbc in goal, camera. Maybe scott, osorio, holtzman, Senga. Some of which are reading boys. Seeing them grow as players hopefully the team grow. If not then maybe sell a few off after promising starts to actually get money back in and start running the club sustainable Again. Them players with a dozen plus senior players should be more enjoyable to watch.

Hopefully a young manager who wants to play a bit of football and give the exciting youngsters freedom. Someone like O’Shea who wants to win (heard lots of good things about him from someone at the club when he was there) and can coach a defence.

Looking forward to what looks like a few more local games and different teams we not played in a while. Hopefully winning some games or at very least watching football with enjoyment again rather then being bored before it starts.

Getting a run out in the jpt and not having to stop football for international breaks!

And not to forget some cheaper tickets rather then £35 for qpr away

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 30 Apr 2023 08:36

With all this lovely spring weather I forgot we will have to start getting used to postponed games again. Most of the teams in this crap league don’t have undersoil heating. Although we at least may get to play some games on the international break so it’s not all doom and gloom.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 30 Apr 2023 08:53

Jackson Corner Most of the teams in this crap league don’t have undersoil heating

Really?! I genuinely just assumed pretty much everyone did in the EFL these days, barring 2 or 3 traditionally non league clubs up in L2 right now

under the tin

by under the tin » 30 Apr 2023 08:54

Less fixtures kick off times fcuked about with/moved because of the TV

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Apr 2023 09:09

I`m actually quite looking forward to it, you never know we might win some games.

Playing in the first round of the FA cup against potentially non league minnows will be interesting.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Apr 2023 09:17

Probably mentioned but Oxford are safe now. So there's that.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 30 Apr 2023 09:20

Holmes, McIntyre and Azeez could all do with a season in League One. Yiadom, Carroll, Ince and maybe Mbengue/NGW/Hoilett/Southwood if they want to stay around too. The foundations are there depending who wants to stay and who doesn’t.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 30 Apr 2023 09:49

Jackson Corner With all this lovely spring weather I forgot we will have to start getting used to postponed games again. Most of the teams in this crap league don’t have undersoil heating. Although we at least may get to play some games on the international break so it’s not all doom and gloom.

How dare you. Haven't you heard that League One is a paradise and we should be jumping for joy at the prospect of playing there?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 30 Apr 2023 10:06

Over half the grounds have no under soil heating and lack drainage facilities if it rains so I'm expecting a few away games to be called off.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 30 Apr 2023 10:08

TiagoIlori Holmes, McIntyre and Azeez could all do with a season in League One. Yiadom, Carroll, Ince and maybe Mbengue/NGW/Hoilett/Southwood if they want to stay around too. The foundations are there depending who wants to stay and who doesn’t.

It's about their level anyway

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 30 Apr 2023 10:11

Hopefully we can flush out most of the squad who have a losing mentality embedded into them. Then we can start signing hungry players with a winning mentality

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 30 Apr 2023 15:54

We might win a midweek away game at a team not beginning with B

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Apr 2023 16:04

Royal_jimmy We might win a midweek away game at a team not beginning with B

Whoa there, steady now!

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Apr 2023 20:44

So excited to play Man City under 21's in the Papa John's. Thrilling.

483 posts