Division one things to forward to……..

483 posts
Chairman Mao
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Division one things to forward to……..

by Chairman Mao » 30 Apr 2023 23:39

Getting half a new squad in on a shoestring and building a new team.

Loads of great away days.

Genuinely excited.

If the owner doesn't pull out and bankrupt us.

Don't see us getting back up next season though

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 May 2023 08:56

Key that a new manager is found and appointed within 2 weeks of the end of this season, really don't want to wait until July before finding the club have found the next Bullivant/Clement/Gomes/Paunovic/Ince.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 May 2023 09:03

Signing young, cheap up and comers from Div4/Conf

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 01 May 2023 16:15

For every game I'll be turning up in league one expecting us to win. We won't win every game but every single game is winnable, unlike the championship

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 May 2023 16:16

Which teams are people most looking to playing/travelling to if we go down?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 01 May 2023 16:21

Winston Biscuit Which teams are people most looking to playing/travelling to if we go down?

Carlisle - if they get through the play-offs.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 01 May 2023 16:22

Winston Biscuit Which teams are people most looking to playing/travelling to if we go down?

I need to tick off Fleetwood, Lincoln, Shrewsbury and Leyton Orient so that's 4 away days I'm definitely in for plus possible L2 playoff winners (Salford or Carlisle). Chuck in games at Oxford, Exeter, Cheltenham where we've not played in 20+ years.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 May 2023 16:26

Morecambe (if they survive) and Fleetwood.
Have seen them both in their NL days, but knowing the NW (as I do) would make for a couple of decent long weekends (fukk the football results).

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 May 2023 16:37

Winston Biscuit Signing young, cheap up and comers from Div4/Conf

There's little in the way of real quality in the lower leagues these days. Other than players out on loan from other academies. Or you've a budget like Wrexham to entice has beens back into the game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 May 2023 17:15

Looking forward to some local games, Peterborough, Stevenage, maybe Cambridge with a bit of luck. Might go down to Exeter and catch up with some friends.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 01 May 2023 17:19

Sutekh Key that a new manager is found and appointed within 2 weeks of the end of this season, really don't want to wait until July before finding the club have found the next Bullivant/Clement/Gomes/Paunovic/Ince.

If we are looking for unemployed managers I would hope we already have our man lined up. It will be a good indicator to see if we are actually sorting ourselves out off the pitch.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 May 2023 17:50

There are actually more than I thought for myself. Obviously depends on who goes up and goes down. Morecambe and Accrington are likely to go down and, if the play offs remain as they are, three of Derby, Barnsley, Sheff Wednesday and Bolton will remain down so could go to them. Assuming it stays as it is (and I'll say Sheff Wednesday will go up just because they are 3rd), this would be in order:

1. Derby
2. Bolton
3. Barnsley
4. Blackpool
5. Wigan

Bradford would be there if they are to go up. Shrewsbury and Lincoln are fair journeys, but not worth the travel for me, but it could be done. I would like to go to a few home games next season if I can, Oxford would obviously be one to target.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 May 2023 17:55

Knowing the EFL fixture bingo, we'll probably have Blackpool and Fleetwood away on two consecutive Saturdays, with Plymouth (away) sandwiched-in on the Wednesday inbetween

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 May 2023 17:59

AthleticoSpizz Knowing the EFL fixture bingo, we'll probably have Blackpool and Fleetwood away on two consecutive Saturdays, with Plymouth (away) sandwiched-in on the Wednesday inbetween

Plymouth are promoted

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 01 May 2023 18:14

Chairman Mao Getting half a new squad in on a shoestring and building a new team.

Loads of great away days.

Genuinely excited.

If the owner doesn't pull out and bankrupt us.

Don't see us getting back up next season though

Great away days Fleetwood, Exeter, Bristol Rovers. Instead of Everton, Southampton and Leeds. Have you ever been to these grounds? Let me tell you I have and they are complete dumps they are not fun. I spent my youth going to these places on one supporters coach standing on wet windswept terraces losing every time. If that’s your idea of fun good luck.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 May 2023 18:15

Strong chance Blackpool is mid-week as well.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 May 2023 18:21

Mid Sussex Royal
AthleticoSpizz Knowing the EFL fixture bingo, we'll probably have Blackpool and Fleetwood away on two consecutive Saturdays, with Plymouth (away) sandwiched-in on the Wednesday inbetween

Plymouth are promoted
of course, :oops: ….okay then, Exeter

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 01 May 2023 18:24

None have been to most and they are complete dog holes. Only a couple of local derbies interest me. Even then with a completely new team made up of second rate players academy donkey’s and loans from championship club’s. When we go into administration and receive are 10 point deduction League two beckons. Will you have the same excitement about going to Barrow?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 May 2023 18:29

Jackson Corner

None have been to most and they are complete dog holes. Only a couple of local derbies interest me. Even then with a completely new team made up of second rate players academy donkey’s and loans from championship club’s. When we go into administration and receive are 10 point deduction League two beckons. Will you have the same excitement about going to Barrow?

Sigh.

And why will we be going into administration, and how does that help anyone?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 01 May 2023 18:33

Winston Biscuit
Jackson Corner Most of the teams in this crap league don’t have undersoil heating

Really?! I genuinely just assumed pretty much everyone did in the EFL these days, barring 2 or 3 traditionally non league clubs up in L2 right now

At least half do not have a lot of games were postponed in league 1. Recent winters have been fairly mild but some clubs with poor drainage and small ground staffs. Can end up with 5 postponed games a season. Out of interest would anyone be bothered to help staff clear the pitch of snow if it was to happen?

483 posts