CONFIMRED - Relegation

197 posts
RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Relegation

by RG30 » 05 May 2023 13:01

Royal_jimmy
andrew1957 I cannot help feeling this relegation has been slowly coming ever since the play off final defeat 6 ears ago. The club has gradually become like a sickly dog whose health has deteriorated slowly until it had to be put down.

Now we have a fresh start as most of the big earners will be gone this summer and provided we can retain some of the young talent coming through, we have the bones of a creating a decent League 1 squad. Add a few and I think we will be at the top end of the league. I suspect if we start winning regularly that the crowds will actually be higher in League 1 than they have been in the Championship recently as Reading folks love a winning side.

So upwards and onwards.

Maybe!

I expect our Tuesday night attendances to stink though. Expect 8,000 fans to turn up to midweek games against the likes of Exeter and Barnsley

No different to what we get normally then on a midweek :|

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 May 2023 13:02

Ricardo That’s me done
I’m not giving anymore of my money to the club until that corrupt Chinese tosspot is out of the picture.
I really can’t understand why some on here still support this idiot who has totally destroyed the club along with that moron so called agent he seems to allow to make decisions.

Cheers for letting us know, will update the spreadsheet.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 13:15

Ricardo That’s me done
I’m not giving anymore of my money to the club until that corrupt Chinese tosspot is out of the picture.
I really can’t understand why some on here still support this idiot who has totally destroyed the club along with that moron so called agent he seems to allow to make decisions.

I definitely don't support him.

I want a communication from him, reaffirm his commitment to the club. Silence now will just make me more nervous

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 May 2023 13:15

Webster750
Wycombe Royal
Schards#2 Two massive turning points for, the six point deduction and the Carroll red card. Without Carroll being sent off we may well have beaten both Luton and Wigan.

It would be interesting to know who knew what and when about the likelihood of the six points. Since the new year I have had the impression that we were aiming to get to 50 points, largely through grinding out draws rather than trying to win. If the club knew that a deduction was inevitable months ago, clearly, that's a pretty dumb strategy to have followed.

Didn't Bowen say that they pretty knew in January?

Yes, and you would hope that Paul Ince found out around the same time. At which point I'm confused as to how/why Dai decided to keep him around beyond Cardiff away.

Wonder who would have come in had ince gone sooner?

If it would have been Hunt then doubt the end result would be any different. Saw nothing to inspire me there from inconsistent team selections, dropping young players after one bad half, recalling half fit has beens and negative team selection and subs in a must win game

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 05 May 2023 13:34

Ricardo That’s me done

This

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 May 2023 13:53

Ark Royal For me:

1970/71
1976/77
1982/83
1987/88
1997/98
2007/08
2012/13
and now...2022/23

Weird, but I can remember where I was and what I was doing at the moment of all of those relegations. 1970/71 was really hard - we had been a third-tier club for FORTY years and it felt like our natural ceiling. Relegation: it is truly a strange beast...

The 1970-71 one was oddly the same day, 4th May. It was also I believe after the end of the scheduled fixtures as was a catch up game, not like they do today.

Everyone said we were too good for Div 4 and we ended up 18th or something, our worst ever season.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 May 2023 13:56

anybody else going to support (financially and by watching) a local Non League team instead?
I am

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 May 2023 14:04

Hound
Webster750
Wycombe Royal Didn't Bowen say that they pretty knew in January?

Yes, and you would hope that Paul Ince found out around the same time. At which point I'm confused as to how/why Dai decided to keep him around beyond Cardiff away.

Wonder who would have come in had ince gone sooner?

If it would have been Hunt then doubt the end result would be any different. Saw nothing to inspire me there from inconsistent team selections, dropping young players after one bad half, recalling half fit has beens and negative team selection and subs in a must win game

Well we’ll never know but Hunt certainly didn’t get enough time.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 05 May 2023 14:05

I have three reasons for optimism:

1. There finally seems to be a group of people running the club who know what they're doing. Assuming the owners are hands off with all footballing matters, I have confidence we will start making the correct decisions.
2. Leading on from the above, I have hope that we will now actually appoint a manager with relevant experience.
3 League one is actually much more lax in terms of financial regulation. We should either be the 'richest' club in the division or close to it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 May 2023 14:32

Elm Park Kid I have three reasons for optimism:

1. There finally seems to be a group of people running the club who know what they're doing. Assuming the owners are hands off with all footballing matters, I have confidence we will start making the correct decisions.
2. Leading on from the above, I have hope that we will now actually appoint a manager with relevant experience.
3 League one is actually much more lax in terms of financial regulation. We should either be the 'richest' club in the division or close to it.

Decent reasoning there - fingers crossed.

I would take Monday as a starting point to our rebuild and where possible, only use players who are likely to be here next season (or at least are contracted to be).

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 05 May 2023 14:41

Royal_jimmy
Ricardo That’s me done

I want a communication from him, reaffirm his commitment to the club. Silence now will just make me more nervous

Dai has always been silent. He's never told us why he bought the club or what his ambitions are.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 May 2023 14:48

PATRIQT
Royal_jimmy
Ricardo That’s me done

Dai has always been silent. He's never told us why he bought the club or what his ambitions are.

That's not true. The club have released a few statements from himself about the situation of the club. On their purchase of 75% of the club, he said that one of the first priorities would be to develop the training facilities (which they've done) as well as stadium expansion plans to build world-class facilities at the club.

He's not one that faces us all too often, but he has had a few statements in his time so far.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 May 2023 14:57

NathStPaul
Ricardo That’s me done

He'll be back day one and you know it

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 May 2023 15:01

genome
NathStPaul
Ricardo That’s me done

He'll be back day one and you know it

Not so sure. Ricardo is known for being a man of his word.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 16:09

Carroll has hinted he's staying

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 May 2023 16:23

Not sure that is up to him tbh.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 May 2023 16:45

Yeah, contracted and unlikely to be a target to be bought.

traff

by traff » 05 May 2023 17:26

Now we are in league one do we start with a fresh financial record?
When and if we get back into the championship. Would we start with a clean financial slate for the next 3 years?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 09 May 2023 12:24

Anyone know how much TV money we'll get next season?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 May 2023 13:36

Royal_jimmy Anyone know how much TV money we'll get next season?

Effectively 27p and a bag of nuts.

197 posts