Mark Bowen

302 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Mark Bowen

by blythspartan » 14 Jun 2023 18:37

Hound As regards the fit and proper test, incompetent as he is, he has pumped into 180m, paid sky high wages, kept ST tickets low, overseen a new training ground.

Even in retrospect the EFL would laugh out any case about him being a fit and proper owner. He’s just a muppet who has made some woeful decisions

Yep, very true.

I was wetting the bed earlier but I can’t see him just walking away without finding a new owner. Surely, he is going to want to recoup some of his losses. I guess time will tell and I have my season ticket now so I’ll be supporting any team that we can field next season.

Derby fans seem to be loving our predicament right now but I guess we had some fans who weren’t sympathetic to their plight last season.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 14 Jun 2023 20:22

Up to now - I don't think many people have questioned his commitment or good intentions when it comes to the fans. The issue is simply a lack of competence and very poor judgement when making decisions concerning the club.

It's like if one of us won the Euromillions and bought the club.

themadstad

by themadstad » 14 Jun 2023 20:33

Interesting times :shock: :shock:

I think what I say here, much has been said already.

It feels like, to me, that the shift in structure was started recently and most issues fall to MB. This shouldn’t be the case but it looks like it is - at present. So I can see why we might get no real updates (with him off) as there’s little chance more junior staff will have auth to go and say what we might want (owner commitment, manager, etc).

That in mind, and little visibility of anyone senior, it would then stand to reason that staff may comment in the way that has been reported. Conjecture/rumours therefore, at this point in time.

And on subject of one going many roles, didn’t Pauno have this for some time? We barely have any recruitment team - so completely plausible that MB has a lot to manage.

Then we come to the question - why doesn’t the CEO step in to quash rumours and assure the clearly irate sections of fan base, more so with a ST deadline due? Well, he’s not competent and I’m not even sure he has a scooby what’s going on. Maybe he even has little power… who knows! It’s odd as he was seemingly ‘about’ the other day to ‘comment’ on the ladies team. A hidden comment re the owner was there.

The other thing we have is that there’s still recruitment for a media exec and a youth physiotherapist/therapist. Would this be happening if it was all falling apart when everyone is awol? The ladies team seem to be communicating more and said they’ll be at SCL next season. Again would this be happening? I doubt, so to me it seems all is on MB’s shoulders. Could be wrong, but with what we can see I think this is an explanation (for now).

Having MB do all the work wouldn’t be a surprise. We seemingly lost many people following the appointment of oxf*rd RG. Since then, so many aspects of the club have felt disjointed.

To summarise, it’s a worry and I can see big potential issues. But not to panic yet - case of lack of senior staff and non-visible owners (always been the case) and then people adding 2 & 2 and getting 5… :?:

Time will tell, :| but patience has understandably worn thin.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jun 2023 21:24

Someone from STAR stating on Twitter that Bowen has agreed to a meeting with them.

So suggests he is either back or close to being so.

themadstad

by themadstad » 14 Jun 2023 21:33

Stranded Someone from STAR stating on Twitter that Bowen has agreed to a meeting with them.

Mark Bradley has agreed to meet STAR.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Jun 2023 21:38

themadstad Interesting times :shock: :shock:

It feels like, to me, that the shift in structure was started recently and most issues fall to MB. This shouldn’t be the case but it looks like it is - at present. So I can see why we might get no real updates (with him off) as there’s little chance more junior staff will have auth to go and say what we might want (owner commitment, manager, etc).

That in mind, and little visibility of anyone senior, it would then stand to reason that staff may comment in the way that has been reported. Conjecture/rumours therefore, at this point in time.

And on subject of one going many roles, didn’t Pauno have this for some time? We barely have any recruitment team - so completely plausible that MB has a lot to manage.

Then we come to the question - why doesn’t the CEO step in to quash rumours and assure the clearly irate sections of fan base, more so with a ST deadline due? Well, he’s not competent and I’m not even sure he has a scooby what’s going on. Maybe he even has little power… who knows! It’s odd as he was seemingly ‘about’ the other day to ‘comment’ on the ladies team. A hidden comment re the owner was there.

The other thing we have is that there’s still recruitment for a media exec and a youth physiotherapist/therapist. Would this be happening if it was all falling apart when everyone is awol? The ladies team seem to be communicating more and said they’ll be at SCL next season. Again would this be happening? I doubt, so to me it seems all is on MB’s shoulders. Could be wrong, but with what we can see I think this is an explanation (for now).

Having MB do all the work wouldn’t be a surprise. We seemingly lost many people following the appointment of oxf*rd RG. Since then, so many aspects of the club have felt disjointed.

To summarise, it’s a worry and I can see big potential issues. But not to panic yet - case of lack of senior staff and non-visible owners (always been the case) and then people adding 2 & 2 and getting 5… :?:

Well Bowen is the "Head of Football Operations" as his job title goes, so really, yes it should fall on him, it is his responsibility for the academy, the first team etc (not sure how involved he is with the women's team although I can imagine he will have a level of involvement at least). He won't literally be doing all the work, but he is responsible for managing and overseeing what goes on at the club, that's what he is employed for.

Yes it's Dai who writes the cheques out, but it either is or isn't on the advice of Bowen (on the football operations anyway). It's as much his job to manage up to boardroom level as it is down as well. Obviously not much can be done if he is on compassionate leave, but in most other circumstances he won't be.

themadstad

by themadstad » 14 Jun 2023 21:51

YorkshireRoyal99

Well Bowen is the "Head of Football Operations" as his job title goes, so really, yes it should fall on him, it is his responsibility for the academy, the first team etc (not sure how involved he is with the women's team although I can imagine he will have a level of involvement at least). He won't literally be doing all the work, but he is responsible for managing and overseeing what goes on at the club, that's what he is employed for.

Yes it's Dai who writes the cheques out, but it either is or isn't on the advice of Bowen (on the football operations anyway). It's as much his job to manage up to boardroom level as it is down as well. Obviously not much can be done if he is on compassionate leave, but in most other circumstances he won't be.

Herein lies the problem, no one to deal with directing major comms etc in his current absence. Football operations and wider club operations would (should) be different. People say it’s not an excuse but it seems to be the reason…

But now I see on Twitterspace the latest is that Pang has blocked us all from the club’s staff. How? Why? :| :roll: :shock: :(

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Jun 2023 22:00

themadstad
YorkshireRoyal99

Herein lies the problem, no one to deal with directing major comms etc in his current absence. Football operations and wider club operations would (should) be different. People say it’s not an excuse but it seems to be the reason…

But now I see on Twitterspace the latest is that Pang has blocked us all from the club’s staff. How? Why? :| :roll: :shock: :(

Has Courtney Friday ever actually called a story right?

themadstad

by themadstad » 14 Jun 2023 22:04

tidus_mi2
themadstad
YorkshireRoyal99

Has Courtney Friday ever actually called a story right?

Don’t know, I don’t monitor what every journo (past or present) says and records whether it was right. You seem to know the answer. He does have comms with ‘staff’ but who I have no idea. For now my view is that there’s few senior staff with credibility so we don’t getting anything/anywhere.

If Pang had blocked stuff then what can be said really….

Tbh, ‘office gossip’ and then rumours can really get out of hand so we need to see what happens when MB is back (if he comes back).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jun 2023 22:24

themadstad
Stranded Someone from STAR stating on Twitter that Bowen has agreed to a meeting with them.

Ah apologies, too many people with similar names at the club.

themadstad

by themadstad » 14 Jun 2023 22:51

Stranded
themadstad

It’s cool, the tweet in question just said Mark but I saw another then said that was Mark Bradley, it seemed odd to not say Bowen.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 14 Jun 2023 23:36

James Earnshaw has now confirmed Friday's claim that the owners has banned communication from the club.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Jun 2023 00:14

Neither of them actually have a clue when all said and done, they have the supporters on strings and thrive of off Twitter likes.

Wait until a reputable journalist reports it before you piss your beds.

themadstad

by themadstad » 15 Jun 2023 00:40

At this point yes it could be true. But there’s such hysteria amongst the fan base and frankly rumours spread very easily in a workplace, and then you get this scenario play out.

I’m firmly of the view that the club is likely down to the bare bones staff wise. Rumour mill overdrive. There was one post a while ago and then all this follows. It takes one person to say “well apparently…” how odd.

Yet perversely any of the actual facts - ladies team going part time etc, no one had a scooby. Contacts go quite all of a sudden? A load of oxf*rd shit.

Frankly, it’s getting all a bit irresponsible at present.

As I say, could be true. Reality is no one ever hears from Dai and we’ve been told, repeatedly, that he’s a private man. Why all the sudden intel!?

It’s mental how out on control things of got. Tbh I don’t want to be patient but feel it’s the only choice - not for long though!

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 15 Jun 2023 08:57

NathStPaul Neither of them actually have a clue when all said and done, they have the supporters on strings and thrive of off Twitter likes.

Wait until a reputable journalist reports it before you piss your beds.

Well said. Dellor spent half an hour saying nothing on the radio the other day

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jun 2023 09:08

The only "reputable" journalist talking about this is Alan Nixon and his understanding is the hold up is more to do with the EFL and the club finances than anything, which we are trying to sort out i.e. getting confirmation on what we can actually spend and that the embargo will be lifted in a couple of weeks.

If true, then I think we'll all have to cool our jets until 1st July.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Jun 2023 09:12

Stranded
themadstad

What is Mark Bradley's role at the club?

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 15 Jun 2023 09:26

Sutekh
Stranded
themadstad

Chief Communications Officer

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jun 2023 09:29

Stranded The only "reputable" journalist talking about this is Alan Nixon and his understanding is the hold up is more to do with the EFL and the club finances than anything, which we are trying to sort out i.e. getting confirmation on what we can actually spend and that the embargo will be lifted in a couple of weeks.

If true, then I think we'll all have to cool our jets until 1st July.

This seems the most likely to me

Also whilst the club are not really able to say a lot at the risk of upsetting them.

I thought it was a given that we wouldn’t be allowed free rein this year finance wise. Also has been mentioned before by Bowen that the EFL are very slow when it comes to this sort of thing - only have to look at the Sarr transfer and the ridiculous time it took to impose the 6 points after it had been common knowledge for a month or so

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 15 Jun 2023 09:30

Readingfanman
Sutekh
Stranded

Chief Communications Officer

And an appalling one at that.

302 posts