#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2684 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2

by Lower West » 14 Jul 2023 11:29

andrew1957 we have to remember that Mr Dai has issues with getting money out of China which is arguably now in a financial crisis with dropping property prices and a very controlling Government.

Dai hasn't told us anything. We can however read the factual information that's in the public domain. Better source than social media theories.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jul 2023 11:29

andrew1957 I think it’s time to wind this fan protest up now and just get behind the owner, Bowen and Seles. Seles would not have been my choice but to be fair he does seem to be saying all the right things so we should give him a chance.

As for the ridiculous whinging on here about the lack of communication, we have to remember that Mr Dai has issues with getting money out of China which is arguably now in a financial crisis with dropping property prices and a very controlling Government. I would think he has to be pretty careful about what he says and what he does, which most likely explains the silence. I am sure we would all prefer our owner to be a Reading based billionaire, but they seem to be non existent.

Mr Dai’s best option is to trust Bowen and build the club back from the bottom up with free signings and loans and cut expenditure - which until proved otherwise is exactly what he does seem to be doing. All the time Bowen is in place I have hope that lessons have been learned and that there is some hope for the future.

Dai can oxf*rd right off always and forever. Utter clown.

ReadingGlasses

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.1

by ReadingGlasses » 14 Jul 2023 13:23

Some attention now from The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -part-time

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 14 Jul 2023 13:40

Doesn't really add anything to what we already know, but a decent summary for those unaware of our plight.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jul 2023 13:45

Yeah it’s a good article but without any new info

Needle

by Needle » 14 Jul 2023 14:00

dizzynewheights That open letter to investors is one of the cringiest things I have ever read. Genuinely makes my skin crawl

These pcunts need to issue a disclaimer with every tweet/statement confirming theyre only speaking on behalf of a small band of dipshit w@nkers. Not the rest of us

Wow. Hadn't read that. Truly pathetic.

Someone needs to tell Nick & Co that followers on twitter =/= believers

My favourite bit is at the end "If you are interested in buying the club and want to talk to us..." LOL

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Jul 2023 14:00

andrew1957 I think it’s time to wind this fan protest up now and just get behind the owner, Bowen and Seles. Seles would not have been my choice but to be fair he does seem to be saying all the right things so we should give him a chance.

As for the ridiculous whinging on here about the lack of communication, we have to remember that Mr Dai has issues with getting money out of China which is arguably now in a financial crisis with dropping property prices and a very controlling Government. I would think he has to be pretty careful about what he says and what he does, which most likely explains the silence. I am sure we would all prefer our owner to be a Reading based billionaire, but they seem to be non existent.

Mr Dai’s best option is to trust Bowen and build the club back from the bottom up with free signings and loans and cut expenditure - which until proved otherwise is exactly what he does seem to be doing. All the time Bowen is in place I have hope that lessons have been learned and that there is some hope for the future.

Nah

Webster750

by Webster750 » 15 Jul 2023 11:22

The socks protest has been cancelled ( :lol: )

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 15 Jul 2023 11:23

ReadingGlasses Some attention now from The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -part-time

Ah yes, just posted this in the STAR section. Paula much quoted. (Missed it here.)

FWIW - I still support a campaign that gets the club in a state to be sellable to someone interested in it as a football club. Dai isn't that person.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Jul 2023 14:57

Jesus we really are so tinpot

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Jul 2023 15:49

Needle
dizzynewheights That open letter to investors is one of the cringiest things I have ever read. Genuinely makes my skin crawl

These pcunts need to issue a disclaimer with every tweet/statement confirming theyre only speaking on behalf of a small band of dipshit w@nkers. Not the rest of us

Wow. Hadn't read that. Truly pathetic.

Someone needs to tell Nick & Co that followers on twitter =/= believers

My favourite bit is at the end "If you are interested in buying the club and want to talk to us..." LOL

It's the Club 1871 "we're the only supporters that matter" mentality.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 15 Jul 2023 15:51

Dai has shown shown poor judgement in running the club and depends on people who provide him with bad advice. We're constantly in trouble with the EFL and are about to be issued with a (hopefully suspended) points deduction for the third season in a row. Worst of all, there are now serious questions about his ability to fund the club.

Why on Earth would we stop campaigning for him to leave? I'm sure that the vast majority of fans would rather someone else owned us, so why not use what power we have to try and force the issue?

Sure, you can just cross your fingers and hope that *this time* the no experience manager works out, that *this time* our transfer embargoes won't hurt squad development, that *this time* the points deduction remains suspended, that *this time* all the players and staff get paid when they should and we are able to pay our tax bills. Or you can say enough is enough and say it's time for change.

Yes, this might harm the club in the short run. But that's the point of protest, of things like going on strike and picketing places. You're accepting short-term loss for long-term gains.

There's numerous examples where these kind of ongoing fan campaigns do eventually work. Even if it's only one factor in an owners decision to sell up, it might be the tipping point.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Jul 2023 15:55

Our fans are just prawn sandwich eaters. Half arsed Dai Yongge out chants in that half. Clearly a lot of fans don't care if we drop into non league or go bust

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jul 2023 15:56

If the extent of fan power is a strongly worded letter and throwing some socks, I'd suggest the fans have fcuk all power.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 15 Jul 2023 16:02

From Despair To Where? If the extent of fan power is a strongly worded letter and throwing some socks, I'd suggest the fans have fcuk all power.

We have economic power. We can stop buying tickets/kits/merchandise. We can boycott all the sponsors and commercial partners the club has. If people continue going then they can stop buying food and drink. Small things that would add up.

This is what forced out Mike Ashley in the end.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 15 Jul 2023 16:08

Just read on the BBC website that Southend United fans have protested outside the owners home. Perhaps the "Dai out" lot will do the same. (Hopefully)

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Jul 2023 16:13

How embarrassing :lol: :lol: :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jul 2023 16:13

Elm Park Kid
From Despair To Where? If the extent of fan power is a strongly worded letter and throwing some socks, I'd suggest the fans have fcuk all power.

We have economic power. We can stop buying tickets/kits/merchandise. We can boycott all the sponsors and commercial partners the club has. If people continue going then they can stop buying food and drink. Small things that would add up.

This is what forced out Mike Ashley in the end.

Not sure how effective that will be. What's another couple of million when he's already racked up £200m debt in 7 years? As for sponsors, we don't have the clout of a fanbase the size of Newcastle's. For example, SCL lease 30,000 cars a year, most to corporate clients as fleet and company cars.

And none of this will make Dai sell up if no-one wants to buy. He wants investors, not buyers.

The fans need to either get militant or get smart and be in it for the long haul. It took Charlton fans about 3 years to get their owner out and that was with concerted demonstrations and action week in, week out.

Its almost 20 years, since United fans boycotted and started their own club. The Glazers are still there.

We had one pre match demo last season and it fizzled out after 20 minutes. Demomstrate post match, every match.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 15 Jul 2023 16:46

Royal_jimmy How embarrassing :lol: :lol: :lol:

What happened?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Jul 2023 17:29

Loafer
Royal_jimmy How embarrassing :lol: :lol: :lol:

What happened?

We're just shit. Gone from beating sides like Everton, Newcastle etc 10 years ago and we're now losing to nothing clubs and will do week in week out.

2684 posts