Re: Ejaria

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jul 2023 22:09

His career is now in his hands, wherever he is 2023/2024

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jul 2023 22:30

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal I think a high pressing game (if that is selles’ game) would suit Ejaria, decent in the tackle and mostly skilful against isolated defenders (until he turns back into more players and then falls over his own feet) he could do well.

High press tends to mean high tempo. Ejaria plays the game at the pace of a teenage shuffle

Like almost every other reading over the last god knows how many years?

New manager, new system, new approach, new opportunity to impress (or not) certainly not writing anyone off for past showings.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Jul 2023 08:51

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal I think a high pressing game (if that is selles’ game) would suit Ejaria, decent in the tackle and mostly skilful against isolated defenders (until he turns back into more players and then falls over his own feet) he could do well.

High press tends to mean high tempo. Ejaria plays the game at the pace of a teenage shuffle

New manager, new system, new approach, new opportunity to impress (or not) certainly not writing anyone off for past showings.

Actually Ejaria is pretty decent at the defensive side of the game.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Jul 2023 09:44

Sutekh
CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal High press tends to mean high tempo. Ejaria plays the game at the pace of a teenage shuffle

Actually Ejaria is pretty decent at the defensive side of the game.

The best version of Ejaria would be a real asset but I’ve given up hope of seeing him perform consistently. Plus, if he’s injured who knows how long it’ll take him to get fit.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 16 Jul 2023 12:16

He'll end up at Hungerford Town next I reckon

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Jul 2023 08:54

Can be good if we can play to his strengths and get the best out of him. Unfortunately, apart from his initial loan spell I don't think we've ever seen a consistent period from him. As mentioned, the reason why he is still with us is because of this.

Talent wise he probably walks over most L1 players really. It's the everything else that's the problem. Not expecting him to pull up any trees next season in fairness.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Jul 2023 09:36

Royal Rother If he plays in L1 (and does so with an Andy Carroll mindset rather than a Lucas Joao one) he will be like a cheat code.

And people want to see the back of him? :|

Wouldn’t use Carroll as the base for the correct “mindset” tbh. This is the same player who needlessly picked up two red cards (67% of our red cards IIRC?). To do it once is poor, but twice? Luton one, in particular, was borderline unforgivable - not just for the game itself but taking him out of the equation for easier games leading on

You can forgive mistakes but I don’t think much has been made of what was really naive from such an experienced pro and to me, going a fair way to confirming relegation

Anyway, Ejaria, same thing is regurgitated year in year out - it wasn’t the technical side of the Championship where he struggled so I find it hard to imagine he’ll fare much better in L1

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Jul 2023 10:31

Crowbar6753
Royal Rother If he plays in L1 (and does so with an Andy Carroll mindset rather than a Lucas Joao one) he will be like a cheat code.

However, there lies the problem, its his mindset!!! he's had one good season out of five. if he gets his head in the right place i agree, he should be a game changer!! However, how long do you wait and give him to see if he can regain the Ejaria of old whilst paying his over inflated wages that we as a club cannot afford at present.
From what I've read and heard, it sounds like our new manager is just the right kind of person to either get Ejaria focused mentally or to write him off due to his attitude, toss him in the reserves and never select him.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 17 Jul 2023 12:16

probably end up in Saudi Arabia (more likely Cyprus)

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Jul 2023 10:25

3points probably end up in Saudi Arabia (more likely Cyprus)

Why Cyprus

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 18 Jul 2023 11:16

SouthDownsRoyal

Why Cyprus

it's where a lot of player's at the end of the their useful careers seem to end up. Could be Turkey of course

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Jul 2023 11:23

We got the best out of him when the team was built around intricate play off Swift and Joao. If Selles wants high intensity play and pressing, he won't be suited. Another example of no overall vision in our recruitment, but hopefully Bowen is improving that side of things now.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Jul 2023 20:08

SouthDownsRoyal

Why Cyprus
it’s where ‘Royal Jimmy’ holidays

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Jul 2023 23:17

AthleticoSpizz
SouthDownsRoyal

Why Cyprus
it’s where ‘Royal Jimmy’ holidays

And Simmops

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 19 Jul 2023 07:19

Snowflake Royal

Can't quite get my head around how you had the knives out for Joao for being a massive sulker, but love Ejaria when he's an even worse one. At least Joao scored goals.

Only because Joao was a striker - And Joao missed many many more than he ever scored and missed more absolute sitters than Puscas and then blamed everyone else for his own shortcomings and lack of effort, whilst earning a fortune….

I still remember being at Craven Cottage (not when Ejaria scored both goals) the pre COVID 2-1 win on New Year’s Day with Charlie Adams getting the winner, when Ejaria literally stood still and let the right back catch up, waited for him to dive in, mugged him off with a little side step and crossed for the winner…

Great to see…

He needs some care and motivation and possibly a restart and I truly hope he gets the opportunity for us this season and grabs the opportunity to take league one apart…

Best used in short bursts; when the game is stretched …

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 19 Jul 2023 07:22

The Green Programme
Snowflake Royal

Can't quite get my head around how you had the knives out for Joao for being a massive sulker, but love Ejaria when he's an even worse one. At least Joao scored goals.

Only because Joao was a striker - And Joao missed many many more than he ever scored and missed more absolute sitters than Puscas and then blamed everyone else for his own shortcomings and lack of effort, whilst earning a fortune….

I still remember being at Craven Cottage (not when Ejaria scored both goals) the pre COVID 2-1 win on New Year’s Day with Charlie Adams getting the winner, when Ejaria literally stood still and let the right back catch up, waited for him to dive in, mugged him off with a little side step and crossed for the winner…

Great to see…

He needs some care and motivation and possibly a restart and I truly hope he gets the opportunity for us this season and grabs the opportunity to take league one apart…

https://youtube.com/shorts/7GNPFmRtf98?feature=share

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Jul 2023 08:04

The Green Programme
The Green Programme
Snowflake Royal Can't quite get my head around how you had the knives out for Joao for being a massive sulker, but love Ejaria when he's an even worse one. At least Joao scored goals.

Great to see…

Wow I had genuinely forgotten about that goal. I would love Ejaria to be great this season but I just can’t see it but I hope I am wrong.

Tbf to Ejaria I like players who are 7/8 out of 10 each week. I don’t mind a 4 who leaps to a 9 and shows some brilliance to win a game but for me Ejaria had too many 3/4’s and never enough of the moments as per the video.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jul 2023 08:15

Indeed. 22 goals and assists in 121 appearances over 5 seasons.

Those moments were very few and far between. Certainly compared to being pushed off the ball and sitting sulking while the opposition broke, falling over his own feet and wasting attacks by slowing down the game.

He'd tear up crying more than he'd tear up L1.

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 19 Jul 2023 09:24

blythspartan
The Green Programme
The Green Programme

Great to see…

Wow I had genuinely forgotten about that goal. I would love Ejaria to be great this season but I just can’t see it but I hope I am wrong.

Tbf to Ejaria I like players who are 7/8 out of 10 each week. I don’t mind a 4 who leaps to a 9 and shows some brilliance to win a game but for me Ejaria had too many 3/4’s and never enough of the moments as per the video.

Agreed - a fair analysis and I too hope you are wrong… and he is reborn at his best!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Jul 2023 10:35

Depends on where his head is at really. He was quality for us but has had a dreadful couple of years for one reason or another. No idea if he even has the ability he did now

It’d be great if he was fully fit and focussed and we could get him back to where he was but certainly not relying or expecting that really