Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2662 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: another, thants right another embargo for late PAYE payments - a new embargo

by Sutekh » 29 Jul 2023 17:21

Pepe the Horseman So the owner isn't interested anymore, but also won't talk to any potential investors/new owners. What happens next? Is administration the only way forward? And at what point does that happen?

It's not in his interest to lose interest! If the club starts failing to pay bills then it should put itself into administration, if it fails to do so then I presume the FL will take action legally to safeguard the integrity of the competition and RFC will end up in court somewhere with the players and staff exiting the place as quickly as they can.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: another, thants right another embargo for late PAYE payments - a new embargo

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jul 2023 17:24

Anyone that thought relegation would be a good thing is looking pretty silly right now.

League two far more likely than promotion. That’s if we even have a club left.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Jul 2023 17:31

CountryRoyal Anyone that thought relegation would be a good thing is looking pretty silly right now.

No idea what would have happened if we’d stayed champ tbf. Would be looking at getting ruined with the current squad

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jul 2023 17:37

Hound
CountryRoyal Anyone that thought relegation would be a good thing is looking pretty silly right now.

No idea what would have happened if we’d stayed champ tbf. Would be looking at getting ruined with the current squad

Well relegation would have happened sooner or later with the embargos and points deductions, but you’d think we’d be more appealing to new owners in the second tier.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Jul 2023 17:40

CountryRoyal
Hound

Well relegation would have happened sooner or later with the embargos and points deductions, but you’d think we’d be more appealing to new owners in the second tier.

Yep though Dai still needs to actually try to sell the bloody thing

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 29 Jul 2023 18:33

Hound

We'd be ruined in the league with the current squad, but would we have been able to hold on to players like Meite or have signed better players than the ones we have?

Also if we had the current squad in the Championship, we'd be in a better financial position due to the higher broadcasting revenue we'd be getting. I think I'm right in saying the wage bill is now around £8m p/a, the broadcasting revenue alone in the Championship in £8m p/a.

I still cannot see the squad of players we've got getting relegated (from League One).

On Strings

by On Strings » 29 Jul 2023 18:41

Stranded This is going to be the way it is until additional investment on a full sale.

Dai will relegate us all by himself!

On Strings

by On Strings » 29 Jul 2023 18:42

Ah yes, Ian Royal.

Webster750

by Webster750 » 29 Jul 2023 18:46

At what point does a big Tesco become more appealing to Dai than the football club?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jul 2023 18:47

Clyde1998
I still cannot see the squad of players we've got getting relegated (from League One).

We’ve already crocked one of our only known decent players at this level (more to inevitably follow).

We’ve just been easily beaten twice by teams that have been easily beaten by a league one side (I know it doesn’t mean much but it also doesn’t necessarily bode well).

Our defence is horrific and without new recruitment will continue to be abject.

Then of course this is all before any potential points deductions.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Jul 2023 18:51

Clyde1998
Hound

We'd be ruined in the league with the current squad, but would we have been able to hold on to players like Meite or have signed better players than the ones we have?

Also if we had the current squad in the Championship, we'd be in a better financial position due to the higher broadcasting revenue we'd be getting. I think I'm right in saying the wage bill is now around £8m p/a, the broadcasting revenue alone in the Championship in £8m p/a.

Yeah all true

We’ve been poor in preseason but even if we didn’t sign anyone else (but do keep savage etc) think we’ll be no lower than mid table

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jul 2023 18:52

Are we not likely to get any points deductions?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 29 Jul 2023 19:24

Our current problems have pretty much nothing to do with relegation.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jul 2023 19:29

Elm Park Kid

Our current problems have pretty much nothing to do with relegation.

Unless it tipped the edge of our already apathetic owner’s level of apathy. Speculation notwithstanding but not beyond the realms of the unimaginable.

And we’d have more money for finishing the season in the champ.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jul 2023 22:11

You think things would be better if we were still in the Championship?

We might be able to pay the bills, but we'd be guaranteed bottom and in L1 next season anyway.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Jul 2023 22:49

Sad but, given up caring

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 29 Jul 2023 23:09

The idiots who thought is was a good reset, rebuild p and we can ‘go again’

Exactly :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jul 2023 23:12

AthleticoSpizz Sad but, given up caring

Yeah I’ve had a lot of real life shit this year so I was hoping a league one tour might be a good distraction but nothing like following reading to beat you while you’re down :lol:

But then on the flip side, it’s not that deep either atm.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Jul 2023 23:22

CountryRoyal
AthleticoSpizz Sad but, given up caring

Yeah I’ve had a lot of real life shit this year so I was hoping a league one tour might be a good distraction but nothing like following reading to beat you while you’re down :lol:

But then on the flip side, it’s not that deep either atm.
samesies, a lot of real-life shit going on too (but hey, that”s life)

However, my one biggest pleasure and distraction is letting me down right now…and has been for years

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Jul 2023 07:48

Webster750 At what point does a big Tesco become more appealing to Dai than the football club?

Good luck with the planning permission for that.

2662 posts