Injury watch 2023/24

297 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Injury watch 2023/24

by SCIAG » 12 Sep 2023 10:35

Mid Sussex Royal
Sutekh Bindon should be back for Notlob, Ejaria not back training yet, still struggling with his knee problem.

Thought he'd had surgery to clear it up

It was fatal.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Sep 2023 10:37

Won`t see Ovie in a Reading shirt again.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2023 10:44

Stranded
Hound Saw the obligatory *injured footballer showing a pic of him in football boots* this time featuring Sam smith on insta

So hopefully in the next few weeks back in contention. Feel he’s been a big miss

Agreed, and hopefully it turns out to be the case that he has been a big miss and not just "a miss" because he has not been available.

Someone who can press hard but also get on the end of a cross - him and Kelv offer a bit aerial threat (unlike Vickers/Azeez for example)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Sep 2023 11:04

Hound
Stranded
Hound Saw the obligatory *injured footballer showing a pic of him in football boots* this time featuring Sam smith on insta

So hopefully in the next few weeks back in contention. Feel he’s been a big miss

Agreed, and hopefully it turns out to be the case that he has been a big miss and not just "a miss" because he has not been available.

Someone who can press hard but also get on the end of a cross - him and Kelv offer a bit aerial threat (unlike Vickers/Azeez for example)

Oh I know what he should offer and expect him to. My point simply was that when a player is out and something is "missing" that player often becomes better than they are in reality. Hopefully, not the case.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2023 12:32

Stranded
Hound
Stranded

Oh I know what he should offer and expect him to. My point simply was that when a player is out and something is "missing" that player often becomes better than they are in reality. Hopefully, not the case.

Popa. :?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2023 12:33

Stranded
Hound
Stranded

Or more recently for some of those of harder thinking, Dann.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2023 12:39

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Hound

Shudder

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Sep 2023 08:09

1. Tyler Bindon (Concussion) expected to be available for Bolton
  2. Mamadou Camara (not sure exactly) possibly back for the game against Bolton or more likely Blackpool
  3. Ovie Ejaria (knee) back sometime in October maybe?
  4. Paul Mukairu (Ankle) expected back ?
  5. Sam Smith (Quad muscle) expected back early October
  6. Lewis Wing (don't know) still no real idea whatsoever what's happened to him or when he'll be back

Are there any others?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Sep 2023 08:35

Sutekh
  2. Mamadou Camara (not sure exactly) possibly back for the game against Bolton or more likely Blackpool
  6. Lewis Wing (don't know) still no real idea whatsoever what's happened to him or when he'll be back

Are there any others?

I suspect Ejaria will have that question mark hanging over his name for the majority of the season.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 13 Sep 2023 08:56

Sutekh

Are there any others?

John Clarke

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Sep 2023 09:51

Thought Camara was missing for 6 weeks.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Sep 2023 10:24

windermereROYAL Thought Camara was missing for 6 weeks.

Thought it was 3/4 weeks out? Anyway he was injured v Stevenage so we've had about 3 weeks of that already.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 13 Sep 2023 10:42

Stranded
Hound
Stranded

I have made that point previously about players getting better the longer they are out.
In the case of Smith he wasn't up to much when with us before but in the meantime has has scored goals in the lower leagues so must have improved a bit.
I wonder if the manager will play them together.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 13 Sep 2023 11:27

Sutekh

Are there any others?

I'd imagine there's a pre match press conf this week given no games for a while, hopefully the press will ask on some of these...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Sep 2023 11:38

South Coast Royal
Stranded
Hound

I have made that point previously about players getting better the longer they are out.
In the case of Smith he wasn't up to much when with us before but in the meantime has has scored goals in the lower leagues so must have improved a bit.
I wonder if the manager will play them together.

Not too sure this is fully true with Smith though. Obviously progressed a lot since he left us to be at least a competent div1 striker

He played well in a couple of the pre season games where we were able to watch him and see what he was about and some of us have seen him play for Cambridge etc.

Being very careful not to over egg the difference he can make but I’m pretty sure he’ll make a decent impact when fully fit

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Sep 2023 11:41

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Hound

Guinness Walker springs to mind

Think he’s been hard done by personally but collectively, as a fan base, most were pretty unanimous that he should have been playing yet after a couple of ropey performances at the back end of last season and the start of this season, he’s suddenly “not good enough”

Similar story with Azeez

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Sep 2023 12:07

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Think he’s been hard done by personally but collectively, as a fan base, most were pretty unanimous that he should have been playing yet after a couple of ropey performances at the back end of last season and the start of this season, he’s suddenly “not good enough”

Similar story with Azeez

Azeez could be a quality player if it clicks. He's physically quick and strong, technically he's not bad and off the ball he's always getting into dangerous areas. It's just that his composure and decision making is all over the place.

Honestly can't believe people are writing him off. If one bounces in off his shin it could kick start his season. I remember Kebe and Long both being infuriatingly at the start of their Reading careers, but both proved worth the perseverance.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Sep 2023 12:29

WestYorksRoyal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Popa. :?

Similar story with Azeez

Azeez could be a quality player if it clicks. He's physically quick and strong, technically he's not bad and off the ball he's always getting into dangerous areas. It's just that his composure and decision making is all over the place.

Honestly can't believe people are writing him off. If one bounces in off his shin it could kick start his season. I remember Kebe and Long both being infuriatingly at the start of their Reading careers, but both proved worth the perseverance.

Agree with Azeez. He is incredibly frustrating at the moment but as you say down to decision making and composure. He’s still very inexperienced and hopefully it’ll come

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Sep 2023 12:32

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Similar story with Azeez

To be honest, I think both of those were about performances on the pitch, not their absence. I still think NGW has been more consistent/better than Carson, Mola or Rahman when playing.

Azeez has failed to kick on and even gone backwards after his injury.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Sep 2023 12:58

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Popa. :?

Similar story with Azeez

To be honest, I think both of those were about performances on the pitch, not their absence. I still think NGW has been more consistent/better than Carson, Mola or Rahman when playing.

Azeez has failed to kick on and even gone backwards after his injury.

More consistant than Carson perhaps and certainly Rahman - bit harsh to throw Mola into the mix based on what 20mins off the bench?

297 posts