Injury watch 2023/24

297 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Injury watch 2023/24

by Hound » 22 Sep 2023 08:44

Team tonight will be interesting. Wonder if we can/will give that pair a game in the u21s first

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Sep 2023 09:00

Hound Team tonight will be interesting. Wonder if we can/will give that pair a game in the u21s first

I think that would be a decent step - doesn't need to be a full game but say give both 45 mins tonight and if no side effects they can come into contention for the Burton game next weekend.

However, if they are ready to go, then having their experience off the bench would be a real bonus.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 24 Sep 2023 09:51

From what I picked up on Twitter after the game:

NGW - back next week
Smith - not with the first team yet, likely ready after the next international break
Ejaria - not at the required level of fitness, working part physios/part U21's

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Sep 2023 10:52

Mid Sussex Royal From what I picked up on Twitter after the game:

NGW - back next week
Smith - not with the first team yet, likely ready after the next international break

If Ejaria was a horse he'd be glue by now.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Sep 2023 13:08

Snowflake Royal

NGW - back next week

Ejaria had an op then suffered the standard Reading "setback" and he's only now starting his way back from that so at least another 4-6 weeks to go yet!

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 24 Sep 2023 14:05

Snowflake Royal

NGW - back next week

I know this is a standard football fan joke, but when you think about it, it's not very funny ... just saying.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Sep 2023 14:52

Royalwaster
Snowflake Royal

NGW - back next week

I know this is a standard football fan joke, but when you think about it, it's not very funny ... just saying.

Horses certainly should be treated better

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 24 Sep 2023 17:16

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal

NGW - back next week

Ejaria had an op then suffered the standard Reading "setback" and he's only now starting his way back from that so at least another 4-6 weeks to go yet!

There's a post on Twitter claiming that after Ejaria refused to go on at Hull he left the ground there and then in his track suit and got the train home. The same post claims he has lunch away from the players in his car.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 25 Sep 2023 06:32

Mid Sussex Royal
Sutekh
Snowflake Royal If Ejaria was a horse he'd be glue by now.

There's a post on Twitter claiming that after Ejaria refused to go on at Hull he left the ground there and then in his track suit and got the train home. The same post claims he has lunch away from the players in his car.

Saw that, quite an interesting read -

https://twitter.com/ThomasH_1871/status ... LVumg&s=19

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Sep 2023 07:57

morganb
Mid Sussex Royal
Sutekh

Who knows if any of that is true or not and if it is true what the context/background to it all is. Happy to give Ejaria the benefit for now as all we know for sure is the official line of the club which is that the player is injured and seem to recall that reports were that he looked happy and was mixing with players and fans well at the open training day.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 25 Sep 2023 17:31

Sutekh
morganb
Mid Sussex Royal

Who knows if any of that is true or not and if it is true what the context/background to it all is. Happy to give Ejaria the benefit for now as all we know for sure is the official line of the club which is that the player is injured and seem to recall that reports were that he looked happy and was mixing with players and fans well at the open training day.

i think the club would have a good case for dismissal via breach of contract if some of that were true.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 28 Sep 2023 15:04

Injury news

- Sam Smith unlikely to be fit until after next international break
- Mamadi Camara back training, won’t be ready for Sat
- Mbengue doubtful for Sat with knee injury

https://twitter.com/AndyPreston96/statu ... 2736897174

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Sep 2023 15:31

Been a long 6-8 weeks for Smith

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Sep 2023 15:42

Hound Been a long 6-8 weeks for Smith

We're at 8 weeks now. Given we have 3 games in a week and then a likely break, makes sense not to rush him back if it is touch and go. Could get minutes against Swindon during the break I guess.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Sep 2023 17:23

Stranded
Hound Been a long 6-8 weeks for Smith

We're at 8 weeks now. Given we have 3 games in a week and then a likely break, makes sense not to rush him back if it is touch and go. Could get minutes against Swindon during the break I guess.

Yeah, was just thinking the start of August feels an eternity ago, but it's only 2 months.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Sep 2023 17:53

Sutekh
morganb
Mid Sussex Royal

Some of it rings true, Ejaria is, at the least, very introverted. Doesn't have the "typical footballer" work-hard-play-hard personality that some of the dominant personalities in our dressing room recently have had (Moore and Carroll being two examples). Doesn't like partying or alcohol or promiscuity. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but it does alienate him somewhat from certain other members of the squad.

Other bits make less sense - at one point he didn't have a driving licence, so unless he's got one since or he has a chauffeur sat in the car park all day, I'm not sure about the "eating in his car" line.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 28 Sep 2023 20:25

SCIAG
Sutekh
morganb

Some of it rings true, Ejaria is, at the least, very introverted. Doesn't have the "typical footballer" work-hard-play-hard personality that some of the dominant personalities in our dressing room recently have had (Moore and Carroll being two examples). Doesn't like partying or alcohol or promiscuity. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but it does alienate him somewhat from certain other members of the squad.

Other bits make less sense - at one point he didn't have a driving licence, so unless he's got one since or he has a chauffeur sat in the car park all day, I'm not sure about the "eating in his car" line.

He definitely drives. I've seen him in his car in the Sainsburys car park near the training ground in Winnersh. When he had one of his other disappearing acts he (rightly) gave me a scowl when I tried to, not very successfully, take a discreet picture of him in the driving seat.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 09 Oct 2023 12:10

Latest from Selles:

McIntyre - back after the International break - still on time off for concussion
Camara - available to play a role tomorrow
Smith - with first team doing non contact work. Sounds like he will maybe get an U21 game in a week or so.

No news on Ejaria.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Oct 2023 12:34

Between the metal plate in McIntyre's head and two concussions in about 18 months, do we need to get him a Petr Czech style helmet?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 10 Oct 2023 22:26

Bit of a goalkeeping crisis - CBC off injured in the warm up and Pereira in a knee brace after training ground injury.

297 posts