Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2662 posts
Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: another, another, yes another - you heard me right, another embargo 2023 for late PAYE payments

by Mid Sussex Royal » 29 Sep 2023 19:21

WestYorksRoyal I am surprised how many Derby, Oxford and QPR fans are loving our situation. It's probably just a vocal minority, but makes the entire fanbase look like bell ends.

I like to think that if we come out of this with a good owner and the shoe is on the other foot one day, I'll be a bigger man and still be able to sympathise. But I'll probably have a quiet smugness, if not being a dick about it publicly.

Oxford/QPR because they are local...and there have been regular insults traded with QPR in recent years during their financial difficulties.

Derby will be due to the 1871 chants in the January game the other year following administration and -21 points.

If you dish out the stick and nasty stuff at games, expect it back at some point.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: another, another, yes another - you heard me right, another embargo 2023 for late PAYE payments

by genome » 29 Sep 2023 20:22

If you'd like a pleasant distraction, please have of this incredible statement from Chansiri on the Sheff Weds website

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2023/septem ... tatement_/

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Sep 2023 22:23

NathStPaul
Lower West
Ricardo Why should this silence the critics?
The club are up to their neck in shite thanks to that Chinese crook.
All that’s happened is employees have been paid on time which is a basic requirement.

The vultures will be circling looking to pick off the cream of the club's employees. After all. Who in their right minds will want to stay. If there's greener grass elsewhere.

John from accounts on a free transfer to Charlton Athletic.

You joke, but John knows where the good biscuits are.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Sep 2023 02:53

Mid Sussex Royal
WestYorksRoyal I am surprised how many Derby, Oxford and QPR fans are loving our situation. It's probably just a vocal minority, but makes the entire fanbase look like bell ends.

I like to think that if we come out of this with a good owner and the shoe is on the other foot one day, I'll be a bigger man and still be able to sympathise. But I'll probably have a quiet smugness, if not being a dick about it publicly.

Oxford/QPR because they are local...and there have been regular insults traded with QPR in recent years during their financial difficulties.

Derby will be due to the 1871 chants in the January game the other year following administration and -21 points.

If you dish out the stick and nasty stuff at games, expect it back at some point.

Yep, if the roles were reversed I'm sure we wouldn't have too much sympathy for QPR or Oxford. And most people were celebrating Derby's points deduction as it took up one of the relegation spots.

Our attitude will have changed now, having gone through the shit ourselves, but let's not pretend we've always been supportive of the Derbys and Pompeys of this world.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 30 Sep 2023 07:59

Derby fans weren't exactly shy about their owners' rule breaking before they got punished, "Mel has the EFL on strings" comes to mind. They, at least the most vocal ones, were only angry about it after they got caught.

Pompey fans weren't making much of a fuss when they were winning the FA Cup, playing AC Milan in Europe, and paying Lassana Diarra more money a week than he earned at Real Madrid.

Obviously, they deserved sympathy, but I don't blame some for reminding them, within the context of fan "banter" during a game, of their plight when they seemed to be quite happy with how things were going whilst they were reaping the rewards of cheating.

Maybe if we had some success under Dai, we would have been the same.
Last edited by Orion1871 on 30 Sep 2023 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 30 Sep 2023 08:59

Orion1871

Pipe dream to believe we could ever compete with the top Premier clubs. The gulf in finances is simply too big. Dai wanted instant success. For his ego and to be better than his mates who also bought English football clubs. There never was a long term plan.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Sep 2023 09:08

Stranded
Silver Fox
Mid Sussex Royal
Not completely sure about that, given the wages usually get paid in the afternoon (assume from Dai's BVI company).

The fact we got confirmation much earlier this month suggests the club may have borrowed the money to cover.

How does it suggest that?

It doesn't - nobody gets paid at the exact same time each month - sometimes it hits accounts early in the day, sometimes toward the end of the business day. Contracts state you will be paid on X date, not what time on that day.

I do.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Sep 2023 10:29

Orion1871 Derby fans weren't exactly shy about their owners' rule breaking before they got punished, "Mel has the EFL on strings" comes to mind. They, at least the most vocal ones, were only angry about it after they got caught.

Pompey fans weren't making much of a fuss when they were winning the FA Cup, playing AC Milan in Europe, and paying Lassana Diarra more money a week than he earned at Real Madrid.

Obviously, they deserved sympathy, but I don't blame some for reminding them, within the context of fan "banter" during a game, of their plight when they seemed to be quite happy with how things were going whilst they were reaping the rewards of cheating.

I remember excitement in the fan base the day we signed Puscas and Joao. A few dissenting voices of concern, but generally fans love a big window. And no doubt had it fired us to promotion or even the playoffs we'd have loved that too. It was also the season the club announced free away travel, leading many to comment we had good owners.

Cue everyone claiming they were one of the dissenting voices, just as we all saw Robin Friday's goal against Tranmere.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Sep 2023 14:02

WestYorksRoyal
Orion1871 Derby fans weren't exactly shy about their owners' rule breaking before they got punished, "Mel has the EFL on strings" comes to mind. They, at least the most vocal ones, were only angry about it after they got caught.

I remember excitement in the fan base the day we signed Puscas and Joao. A few dissenting voices of concern, but generally fans love a big window. And no doubt had it fired us to promotion or even the playoffs we'd have loved that too. It was also the season the club announced free away travel, leading many to comment we had good owners.

Cue everyone claiming they were one of the dissenting voices, just as we all saw Robin Friday's goal against Tranmere.

I think there was quite a lot of confusion at signing both, and a fair bit of concern at how much we'd reportedly spent. And that we had spent so much immediately on coming out from under a soft embargo.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 30 Sep 2023 14:11

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal

Pompey fans weren't making much of a fuss when they were winning the FA Cup, playing AC Milan in Europe, and paying Lassana Diarra more money a week than he earned at Real Madrid

I think there was quite a lot of confusion at signing both, and a fair bit of concern at how much we'd reportedly spent. And that we had spent so much immediately on coming out from under a soft embargo.

Also before we knew just quite how much of a lying piece of shit Dai is. Everyone thought at the time that he was just a bit naive and had just had bad advice from Gourlay.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 03 Oct 2023 15:46

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/66987321

Another deduction for the Ding.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Oct 2023 16:13

I blame Wallace for this one.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 03 Oct 2023 16:20

WestYorksRoyal https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/66987321

Another deduction for the Ding.

:D

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Oct 2023 10:18

If a club is actively in the process of being sold in order to resolve the cashflow issues would it be morally right for the FL to keep deducting points from a club due to failures in it's cash flow processes (esp. if any deductions were "accrued" during delays to any sale because of the FL's approval process).

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Oct 2023 10:20

From Despair To Where? I blame Wallace for this one.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 06 Oct 2023 10:25

Sutekh If a club is actively in the process of being sold in order to resolve the cashflow issues would it be morally right for the FL to keep deducting points from a club due to failures in it's cash flow processes (esp. if any deductions were "accrued" during delays to any sale because of the FL's approval process).

I believe they did consider our "seeking investment" statement when setting our most recent penalty, but the club didn't provide sufficient evidence that our efforts were genuine.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Oct 2023 21:49

Smudger Smith (former chronicle sports editor) reporting administration before the end of the week according to trusted sources.

Don`t shoot the messenger

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Oct 2023 21:54

Let's wait and see. His last inside scoop was that a takeover was imminent in July.

Would be all pressure off Selles and the players if true.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Oct 2023 22:26

Sounds like he gets his info from twitter trolls.

No one has been able to explain why we'd go into administration.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 09 Oct 2023 22:32

Snowflake Royal Sounds like he gets his info from twitter trolls.

No one has been able to explain why we'd go into administration.

Because Dai is an idiot. Pay attention.

2662 posts