MATCHWATCH : Leyton Orient (a)

235 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leyton Orient (a)

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Oct 2023 12:07

South Coast Royal
Greatwesternline
WestYorksRoyal I don't think Button was there to face thr music. Or Dean. It was left to the kids. So once again we seem to have senior players who are not stepping up as leaders off the pitch either.

This club is absolutely rotten. Who knows where the bottom is. At least only 2 get relegated from L2.

The older players walked back to the tunnel (presumably because they know they don't need to do self flagellation, coz it's a bit weird.. So you had 5 academy players just standing there taking shit, not knowing what to do. That's where the club captain should send them in and take the heat.

My son reported the same and said that Abbey was in tears.
Dreadful management.

That's disgraceful.

Those 'fans' need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Selles too. And the senior players.

The young players, even the ones making mistakes and looking out of their depth, are the bright spark in yet another shite season.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Oct 2023 13:10

Snowflake Royal
South Coast Royal
Greatwesternline
The older players walked back to the tunnel (presumably because they know they don't need to do self flagellation, coz it's a bit weird.. So you had 5 academy players just standing there taking shit, not knowing what to do. That's where the club captain should send them in and take the heat.

Dreadful management.

That's disgraceful.

The young players, even the ones making mistakes and looking out of their depth, are the bright spark in yet another shite season.

Those “fans” are likely inbred chavs who could probably barely string a cohesive sentence together. Zero chance of any self reflection or remorse.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 08 Oct 2023 13:36

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
South Coast Royal
Dreadful management.

That's disgraceful.

Those “fans” are likely inbred chavs who could probably barely string a cohesive sentence together. Zero chance of any self reflection or remorse.

It was disgraceful from some of the fans and there were a few arguing amongst themselves. Sadly. It’s all of the frustration from the last few years spilling over.

Selles, should have managed the situation much better. He should have brought the whole team over and applauded us. It was the wrong time to try and engage with fans as emotions were too raw. I am afraid that if he stays as manager we’ll 100% get relegated. I really hope we can get new owners who recruit a manager who knows this level.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 08 Oct 2023 14:30

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
South Coast Royal
Dreadful management.

That's disgraceful.

They're the ones - I've got to say that certain section of our 'support' is horrific. Yesterday there was a group of about five next to me who disappeared as soon as we went 1-0 down and didn't return for the rest of the game; they'd spent the first 25 minutes slagging any player off who made any error. There was at least two people near me attempting to start songs about killing Dai Yongge; one person spent most of the match trying to destroy the back of the seat in front of them (although kudos to someone in that group who kept telling them to stop). There's been a continuous problem with vaping within the stand at all away matches this season; on at least one occasion I've spotted someone smoking cigarettes. Based on some of the conversations I've heard, there's a greater interest in getting drunk/being abusive than supporting the team. As soon as we went behind (on both occasions), there was instant abuse aimed towards players (although this has been consistent all season) - which was sustained until we got level and until the players left the pitch respectively. There's a complete disrespect of everything and everyone from that group of our 'fanbase'; it's simply embarrassing.

I honestly believe this environment is a significant factor in our poor form - players, especially the inexperienced ones, will lose confidence if they're getting abuse every time they make any sort of minor error. It's adding to the poisonous situation, not 'protesting' against it.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 08 Oct 2023 14:36

A bunch of kids dressed in Stone Island playing cliché football hooligan that they've seen in movies. Hardly a surprise that they would be using the protests to behave like the wannabe hard men they are.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Oct 2023 14:57

I was just stood in silence at the end of the game, I really couldn't process how to react what I was seeing between the players and the fans, did applaud when others did because frankly the ones who stood in front of us taking the abuse were obviously trying their best and didn't make the mistakes that cost us.

It was a very uncomfortable situation.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 09 Oct 2023 09:07

^ this.

Honestly, that was just the worst ever. They are just kids. None of this is their fault. I've never felt more dejected walking away from a game in my life.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Oct 2023 09:23

The club are in the shit and whilst results aren't great, there is absolutely no doubt that they are impacted by all the shit surrounding the team at the moment - it can hardly be an atmosphere conducive to success.

To add on top of that, your own fans ripping you, what would feel, personally a new one and I'm not surprised if the young lads were shellshocked or even in tears.

The issue here is the future of the club, what place we finish in L1 this year, or even if we end up in L2 is so secondary to actually having a club that they are not even on the same page but if we want to stay in L1, the atmosphere seen at full time on Saturday will not help us achieve that.

I would love to know what happened at Bolton, Portsmouth, Derby when the owners put their existence in question and left them with a team on the pitch that was made up of kids and a mish-mash of whatever senior pros they could find - I bet they didn't turn on them and if they did not with the vitriol that was seen on Saturday.

People talk about being embarrased by the club and being a fan of it - I don't get embarrassed by things out of my control, but people acting like spoilt, entitled brats, as they were on Saturday, is the one thing that could make be question if it is even worth being a Reading fan if that is what a vocal minority are truly like.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Oct 2023 12:31

Stranded The club are in the shit and whilst results aren't great, there is absolutely no doubt that they are impacted by all the shit surrounding the team at the moment - it can hardly be an atmosphere conducive to success.

To add on top of that, your own fans ripping you, what would feel, personally a new one and I'm not surprised if the young lads were shellshocked or even in tears.

The issue here is the future of the club, what place we finish in L1 this year, or even if we end up in L2 is so secondary to actually having a club that they are not even on the same page but if we want to stay in L1, the atmosphere seen at full time on Saturday will not help us achieve that.

I would love to know what happened at Bolton, Portsmouth, Derby when the owners put their existence in question and left them with a team on the pitch that was made up of kids and a mish-mash of whatever senior pros they could find - I bet they didn't turn on them and if they did not with the vitriol that was seen on Saturday.

People talk about being embarrased by the club and being a fan of it - I don't get embarrassed by things out of my control, but people acting like spoilt, entitled brats, as they were on Saturday, is the one thing that could make be question if it is even worth being a Reading fan if that is what a vocal minority are truly like.

Well said.

This has to be a minority, please let it be a minority.

So to those of us who aren’t utter pcunts. If you're at a game and see this, react. I don't mean start a fight. But make a point, no matter how pissed off or dejected you are, of raising your arms and clapping the young players and giving them support. Pushing to front and doing it. Etc.

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

by Dennis the Butler » 09 Oct 2023 13:25

Selles needs to be got rid of imo, to take the younger players over to the crowd and make them stand there and take that shit is unbelievable. I would rather have Noel Hunt in charge.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 09 Oct 2023 13:31

I was over in the Justin Edinburgh stand, it looked like a mixture of fans applauding, some not and some clearly gesticulating. They formed a group to one side, which is where the players ended up.

Quite.

It was mentioned jokingly around the Kidderminster FA cup game but there's such a strong anger, a highly strung, talkative anger, in a cohort of our away fans.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Oct 2023 13:40

stealthpapes I was over in the Justin Edinburgh stand, it looked like a mixture of fans applauding, some not and some clearly gesticulating. They formed a group to one side, which is where the players ended up.

Quite.

It was mentioned jokingly around the Kidderminster FA cup game but there's such a strong anger, a highly strung, talkative anger, in a cohort of our away fans.

Thing is, all the anger is justified. Just look at the last 5 years. But the people responsible are never present, so a minority of fans just unload it on whatever target is available which makes nothing better.

The likes of Abbey and Bindon are a credit to this club and in no way deserved to be on the receiving end. They both have bright futures at the club, most likely plying their trade somewhere else. At which point the next batch of youngsters will cop it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Oct 2023 14:20

WestYorksRoyal
stealthpapes I was over in the Justin Edinburgh stand, it looked like a mixture of fans applauding, some not and some clearly gesticulating. They formed a group to one side, which is where the players ended up.

Quite.

Thing is, all the anger is justified. Just look at the last 5 years. But the people responsible are never present, so a minority of fans just unload it on whatever target is available which makes nothing better.

The likes of Abbey and Bindon are a credit to this club and in no way deserved to be on the receiving end. They both have bright futures at the club, most likely plying their trade somewhere else. At which point the next batch of youngsters will cop it.

Of course anger is justifiable but it needs to be channelled into something positive, and at the ownership, not attacking players, some like Abbey, are probably feeling it as much as some fans.

I get that the owner is absent but, as I know you are saying, targetting that anger at those who happen to be wearing the shirt is simply counterproductive.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 Oct 2023 16:18

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal

Quite.

Of course anger is justifiable but it needs to be channelled into something positive, and at the ownership, not attacking players, some like Abbey, are probably feeling it as much as some fans.

I get that the owner is absent but, as I know you are saying, targetting that anger at those who happen to be wearing the shirt is simply counterproductive.

Whilst dogs abuse isn't fair, the only thing I would say is that the away performances this year in the league for sure have been poor overall. Whether they are academy graduates or not, I can understand a bit of stick going to the team because they, along with the management, are responsible for the performances and results on the pitch at the moment.

Yes, I'm sure the overall situation and anger at the club is a factor, but we can still play well and win football games, but we haven't done that on the road for nearly a year now. They've had plenty of opportunity to change that this season and we've played some of the lower quality opposition away from home this season as well.

Nobody deserved some of the things said from what I've seen, although I can fully understand frustration towards the team and management, because we have been very poor on the road yet again this season thus far.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Oct 2023 17:33

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded
WestYorksRoyal Thing is, all the anger is justified. Just look at the last 5 years. But the people responsible are never present, so a minority of fans just unload it on whatever target is available which makes nothing better.

Whilst dogs abuse isn't fair, the only thing I would say is that the away performances this year in the league for sure have been poor overall. Whether they are academy graduates or not, I can understand a bit of stick going to the team because they, along with the management, are responsible for the performances and results on the pitch at the moment.

Yes, I'm sure the overall situation and anger at the club is a factor, but we can still play well and win football games, but we haven't done that on the road for nearly a year now. They've had plenty of opportunity to change that this season and we've played some of the lower quality opposition away from home this season as well.

Nobody deserved some of the things said from what I've seen, although I can fully understand frustration towards the team and management, because we have been very poor on the road yet again this season thus far.

The away performances really haven't been that bad. The results are the pits, but the performances are the usual mix of some decent, some a bit hit and miss and some poor.

235 posts