TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3617 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Hound » 29 Oct 2023 12:03

Snowflake Royal What are we thinking? Ashley been in the background for a while, and coming in for crisis talks to try to make sure things don't go too far down shitcreek before he takes over?

Or previous bids from othersfailed and now Ashley shoeing up to register interest?

The former I think. Seems very Ashley

Thing with Ashley is he also has a monumental ego. The chance to play the hero will appeal to him

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Oct 2023 12:05

See the bearded fool has piped up on Twitter now

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Oct 2023 12:06

Hound
Snowflake Royal What are we thinking? Ashley been in the background for a while, and coming in for crisis talks to try to make sure things don't go too far down shitcreek before he takes over?

Or previous bids from othersfailed and now Ashley shoeing up to register interest?

The former I think. Seems very Ashley

That's my hope

HMRC not trying to burn us to the ground is hopefully an indicator things are moving in the right direction behind the scenes and perhaps close.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Oct 2023 12:06

Hound See the bearded fool has piped up on Twitter now

For those of us who don't partake?

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 29 Oct 2023 12:08

More pics on Twitter - looks like Bowen's there

Chronicle now reporting talks this afternoon

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 29 Oct 2023 12:10

And firing shots at Ashley

I have a binding contract Mike #sundayvibes

https://x.com/richenergyceo/status/1718 ... tSqepu5mUQ

If Dai breaks the “contract”, Storey can sue Dai. I’m sure he’ll pay up promptly

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Oct 2023 12:15

Sutekh
CountryRoyal
Royal_jimmy
One of my colleagues is joining them they're very much an up and coming company

They’re very established within the industry, arguably industry leaders.

Not the worlds biggest cap but ample for football outside of the big boys, what Ben Francis has achieved is very impressive with a simple product. A fantastic marketer.

Mr Francis is apparently the 2,259th richest person in the world.

Considering he’s worth over a billion that’s scary!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Oct 2023 12:18

Uke

And firing shots at Ashley

I have a binding contract Mike #sundayvibes

https://x.com/richenergyceo/status/1718 ... tSqepu5mUQ

If Dai breaks the “contract”, Storey can sue Dai. I’m sure he’ll pay up promptly

At least we know what DD looks like now.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Oct 2023 12:31

Deffo in the camp of not a fan of Ashley but anyone who can steady the ship is what we need right now. No point trying to fight tomorrow’s battle if we lose the war today.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 29 Oct 2023 12:38

CountryRoyal Deffo in the camp of not a fan of Ashley but anyone who can steady the ship is what we need right now. No point trying to fight tomorrow’s battle if we lose the war today.

Agreed. I'd much rather be in a situation where we're complaining about footballing matters - performances, transfers, etc. - rather than worrying about whether we've paid HMRC and staff. We simply need someone to stabilise the club and financial situation at this stage.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Oct 2023 12:49

Video of Mark Bowen turning up at the stadium, oddly he appears to walk past the main entrance and walk in the direction of the mega-store before it cut off.
Seems to be a fair few people around for a Sunday.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 29 Oct 2023 12:50

windermereROYAL Video of Mark Bowen turning up at the stadium, oddly he appears to walk past the main entrance are walk in the direction of the mega-store before it cut off.
Seems to be a fair few people around for a Sunday.

He was heading to get a blue and white scarf to give to Ashley for the photos

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Oct 2023 12:51

I would honestly tear your arm off for Mike Ashley with our current situation and size of club.

He didn't work for Newcastle because they have grander dreams than where Ashley was willing to take them, which was a bang average Premier League side that ended up even getting a couple of relegations.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Oct 2023 12:52

CountryRoyal Deffo in the camp of not a fan of Ashley but anyone who can steady the ship is what we need right now. No point trying to fight tomorrow’s battle if we lose the war today.

I'm in the camp that every prospective owner is probably an arsehole of some description.

Ashley is at least an arsehole who knows football over here and tries to keep a leash on spending.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Oct 2023 12:55

Snowflake Royal

I'm in the camp that every prospective owner is probably an arsehole of some description.

Ashley is at least an arsehole who knows football over here and tries to keep a leash on spending.

Yeah very valid. Like it a lot more than those 777 rumours or whatever we’ve seen so far. Definitely beggars can’t be choosers :(

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Oct 2023 13:10

Can those who say they don't like MA say why?

I thought he did fine with Newcastle. Down twice, up twice, into Europe, signed some great players.

Newcastle fans are somewhat known foe their delusion, and afaiwa their issue with him was that he was trying to run them sustainably rather than throwing money around like a top 4 club

Or is it the off field Sports Direct stuff that puts some people off?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Oct 2023 13:11

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal

Yeah very valid. Like it a lot more than those 777 rumours or whatever we’ve seen so far. Definitely beggars can’t be choosers :(

Yep see plenty of talk of experienced managers but same goes for experienced owners

He obvs made big mistakes at Newcastle but pretty much left them where he found them but in a good financial position. He knows what he is doing if he does take over

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Oct 2023 13:12

Winston Biscuit Can those who say they don't like MA say why?

I thought he did fine with Newcastle. Down twice, up twice, into Europe, signed some great players.

Newcastle fans are somewhat known foe their delusion, and afaiwa their issue with him was that he was trying to run them sustainably rather than throwing money around like a top 4 club

Yeah using the stadium etc to further his other interests. Think he probably made a tidy packet out of the club whereas fans will have thought he should have spent that on the club rather than himself

Stupid decisions like Pardew 8 years etc

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Oct 2023 13:13

Winston Biscuit Can those who say they don't like MA say why?

Being a fat beer guzzling oik who made his money through cheap sports wear made by exploitations isn't his best selling point, no.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 29 Oct 2023 13:24

I would love Ashley to become our new owner. He would run the club sensibly like Sir John did.

He didn’t have enough ambition for the Newcastle fans, but he really stabilised them as a club. He is the best we can hope for right now and it’ll will be fantastic if he buys us.

3617 posts