BTFG Shrewsbury

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

BTFG Shrewsbury

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Nov 2023 19:09

Oh dear. Not surprised this team lost that. Shocking.

Started off well, Selles changes the formation with Dean coming on. Unacceptable capitulation.

Crowbar6753

Re: BTFG Shrewsbury

by Crowbar6753 » 11 Nov 2023 20:33

Wow, this one hurts, i really don't know where to begin. After 15mins we were so superior and they were so poor i really couldn't see anything other than a 3-4 goal win!! then Azeez just needed to hit the ball first time and its game set and match....i mean, really, what was he thinking, so so poor at any level of football. Its so easy to see the guy is running on zero confidence!! yet we have Elliott sat on the bench who oozes class and is by far our most technically gifted player by far, i mean what must Elliott have to do to get a start, we should be building the team around this guy.

Next up, Knibbs, what was he playing at? we're two up, just get rid FFS, its not rocket science, he deserves to be fined he wages for such an embarrassing decision to make!!

Finally, SeLLLLes, that decision to put Abbey on the left and bring Dean into the middle and then ten minutes later bringing NGW is just absolute madness on every level!! What was his thought process!! why make that decision, i'm utterly dumbfounded....... :evil:

If he wanted to hold onto the game, and yes i get that i really do, just take off Ballard and shore up the midfield with either Craig or Rushesha.....simples really. The back 4 wasn't broken until he changed everything, what's that old saying "If it's not broken then don't fix it" my life this hurts.

I think SeLLLes has lost the dressing room and i think this may well get ugly pretty quickly especially after hearing the Hutchinson interview. We are now 10 adrift, not quite terminal but not far off.....one thing i do know, SeeLLLes is not the man to gt us out of this mess of his making. Blaming the situation on the 4 point deduction is laughable, give us those points back and were still six adrift you dosy twot!!!

There are beatable teams in this league and i still believe we have enough to get out of this mess!! Gardening leaving with Bowen and Hunt taking the helm until the takeover has to be the sensible option. Get it done!!!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Nov 2023 20:59

You can imagine the conversation though:

Bowen: "Hello . . . Mr Yongge? Yeah, so Selles isn't working out. We're going to need to make a change."

Dai (via translator): "I'm not paying for a new manager."

Bowen: "Sure, so I was thinking that I would take over."

Dai: "No. Your job is to manage the sale of the club and keeping the EFL off our back. That's all that matters to me right now."

Bowen: "I can get Noel Hunt to help me out."

Dai: "No, just do the job you've been hired to. I really don't care what's happening on the pitch right now."

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 11 Nov 2023 21:49

Elm Park Kid You can imagine the conversation though:

Bowen: "Hello . . . Mr Yongge? Yeah, so Selles isn't working out. We're going to need to make a change."

Dai (via translator): "I'm not paying for a new manager."

Bowen: "Sure, so I was thinking that I would take over."

Dai: "No. Your job is to manage the sale of the club and keeping the EFL off our back. That's all that matters to me right now."

Bowen: "I can get Noel Hunt to help me out."

Dai: "No, just do the job you've been hired to. I really don't care what's happening on the pitch right now."

Exactly this....however, you would think the "Director of Football Operations" Mr Bowen would have the ability to ditch the manager if he feel fit to make that decision!!

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 11 Nov 2023 23:34

Crowbar6753 Wow, this one hurts, i really don't know where to begin. After 15mins we were so superior and they were so poor i really couldn't see anything other than a 3-4 goal win!! then Azeez just needed to hit the ball first time and its game set and match....i mean, really, what was he thinking, so so poor at any level of football. Its so easy to see the guy is running on zero confidence!! yet we have Elliott sat on the bench who oozes class and is by far our most technically gifted player by far, i mean what must Elliott have to do to get a start, we should be building the team around this guy.

Next up, Knibbs, what was he playing at? we're two up, just get rid FFS, its not rocket science, he deserves to be fined he wages for such an embarrassing decision to make!!

Finally, SeLLLLes, that decision to put Abbey on the left and bring Dean into the middle and then ten minutes later bringing NGW is just absolute madness on every level!! What was his thought process!! why make that decision, i'm utterly dumbfounded....... :evil:

If he wanted to hold onto the game, and yes i get that i really do, just take off Ballard and shore up the midfield with either Craig or Rushesha.....simples really. The back 4 wasn't broken until he changed everything, what's that old saying "If it's not broken then don't fix it" my life this hurts.

I think SeLLLes has lost the dressing room and i think this may well get ugly pretty quickly especially after hearing the Hutchinson interview. We are now 10 adrift, not quite terminal but not far off.....one thing i do know, SeeLLLes is not the man to gt us out of this mess of his making. Blaming the situation on the 4 point deduction is laughable, give us those points back and were still six adrift you dosy twot!!!

There are beatable teams in this league and i still believe we have enough to get out of this mess!! Gardening leaving with Bowen and Hunt taking the helm until the takeover has to be the sensible option. Get it done!!!

This.

SeLOLes substitutions are remarkable. He literally threw the game away with his decision making.

I would struggle to believe that the squad are behinnd him.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Nov 2023 00:11

Entire Hutchinson interview is posted by RFC on Twitter
https://x.com/readingfc/status/17234152 ... tSqepu5mUQ

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Nov 2023 09:56

The thing which agitated me the most was the lack of common sense and composure at the end of the game. As someone else mentioned in the match day thread all we had to do was retain possession, win fouls, throws, knock it in the corner, slow the game down if we don't have the ball but we didn't except for 1 attempt by WiFi to get it into the corner.

Another shit tinpot team we lost to who had a 11 players I'd never heard of, who weren't better than us but we gifted them the win because are players are grossly incompetent at getting basics right in key moments.

That first goal really angered me, as much as the equaliser and winner. No idea who lost the ball and fell over when they tucked it home but FFS just clear your lines or knock it for a corner. If it's a foul we get a free kick, if not then it's a corner at worst.

I'm still fuming.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 12 Nov 2023 10:10

Crowbar6753 Wow, this one hurts, i really don't know where to begin. After 15mins we were so superior and they were so poor i really couldn't see anything other than a 3-4 goal win!! then Azeez just needed to hit the ball first time and its game set and match....i mean, really, what was he thinking, so so poor at any level of football. Its so easy to see the guy is running on zero confidence!! yet we have Elliott sat on the bench who oozes class and is by far our most technically gifted player by far, i mean what must Elliott have to do to get a start, we should be building the team around this guy.

+1

The story of the first half should have been what was wrong with the disallowed goal and how did Azeez not score - again to make it 3-0. Instead the schoolboy defending gifted them a goal and from that point on I knew we'd bottle it.

When the utterly useless Azeez was eventually subbed he walked past the Reading fans and got cheered rather than jeered, but I guess at that point we were still clinging on to a lead. I don't want to see him start for a while.

It was a miserable trip back.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 12 Nov 2023 11:41

Disallowed goal was offside - was going in anyway I think but Azeez touched it in from an offside position.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 12 Nov 2023 12:25

Royalwaster Disallowed goal was offside - was going in anyway I think but Azeez touched it in from an offside position.

I thought it must of been that, so as well as fluffing a great chance, he actually lost us a goal. It wasn't his day - again.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 12 Nov 2023 12:37

Up until the Added Time board went up, that was a solid, if imperfect, away performance. Their keeper looked dreadful, especially his kicking and positioning. We were snapping into tackles in a way that we rarely have this season. One good goal, one maybe lucky one, Azeez just needs to hit that for ...

Oh.

While it was a poor mistake for their first, it boiled down to someone taking charge. While it initially looked like it would run, Button should have clocked the player closing down. One shout, ball in touch.

Shrews made a half-time sub and formation change that put the pressure on to us, but it still wasn't bad. Then our first set of subs gave up midfield completely, put our most mobile defender out wide, then Guinness-Walker came in out of position. Right. We actually weathered that storm and the third sub seemed to swing things back. Kelvin chased balls down, saw out a defender.

Once it went 2-2, tho...

Gutting.

Other things...

*Shrewsbury well served with pubs, the three up from the station good and there were three planned (has we won) that looked gr8. Got a further recommendation which looked solid enough.

*the young lad throwing up... Need a bigger bucket.

*only one matchday bus was an actual joke.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Nov 2023 13:08

Just saw mark McGhee at Oxford services. Had a quick chat asked him if he’d come back to Reading as we need someone. He laughed said ‘well something needs to change, he’s lost the dressing room’

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Nov 2023 13:26

Maybe now, like Braverman, he is trying to do everything possible to get sacked! :twisted:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Nov 2023 13:28

RoyalBlue

Maybe now, like Braverman, he is trying to do everything possible to get sacked! :twisted:

Given the team have take the lead in the last three league games, 2-0 in two of them, he's even pretty shit at that.

Berxwedan Zinar

by Berxwedan Zinar » 12 Nov 2023 14:51

Highlight of the day was hearing a young Shrewsbury boy on the way out excitedly tell his Dad that he'd remember that finish for the rest of his life.

Also, got the shop done at the retail park so it wasn't a complete waste of a day.

We're pretty rubbish. So were Shrewsbury.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Nov 2023 17:56

RoyalBlue

It's ridiculous being sacked for telling people how it is and being honest.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Nov 2023 18:13

Royal_jimmy
RoyalBlue

When has Selles told it like it is?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Nov 2023 20:08

leon
Royal_jimmy
RoyalBlue

When has Selles told it like it is?

Never. He talks a load of shit

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Nov 2023 08:24

We just seem to be hitting new lows every week at the moment. Got to be down to a mentality issue amongst the group, probably in amongst several other factors. Poor decision making costing us again, both on the field and on the touchline.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 13 Nov 2023 12:54

Got to Shrewsbury for about midday. Decent beers in the Tap & Can and Cromwell's. Tap & Can had Double-Barrelled on tap, chatting to the barman found out they're doing a brewing collaboration with Phantom this week, so we gave them some recommendations for pubs and breweries in the Ding. Excellent burgers in Beefy Boys, cheers Tom Kerridge for the recommendation. Just missed the 2.15 stadium shuttle bus. No problem, we'll just get a taxi. Nothing to be had, ended up getting a police-commandeered bus to the ground. Got into the ground just after Ballard's second. :|

Rest of the first-half was pretty decent, bar Knibbs' naivety and Azeez's usual woeful finishing. Second-half was bad, we made a rubbish Shrewsbury look ok. Shambolic from Sellés. Seriously he's so out of his depth, not helped by players who should know better, who are not helped by dreadful tactics and shape. When was the last time Reading brought on an extra defender and we held on for a result? Every oxf*rd time.

Queued up for the return bus. One single-decker, left with 30+ supporters without a ride. Next bus in 30 minutes. :| Trudged back into town, had a brief chat with a very sympathetic Shrews dad and son. They couldn't believe their good fortune. Quick pint in the Tap & Can after rejecting the other station alternatives. Home at half nine.