TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3809 posts
Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Elm Park Kid » 20 Nov 2023 12:14

For those of you that are getting impatient, here's a nice bit of fiction to keep you calm.

Imagine a corner flag. . . . . . .

"The club can confirm today that Mike Ashley has completed a takeover of Reading FC after receiving approval from the EFL. He will become club Chairman.

Following the takeover, it has been agreed that Ruben Selles will leave his position as first team manager with immediate effect. We would like to thank him for his work during this difficult period and wish him well for the future.

We are happy to announce that Chris Wilder has accepted the position of manager and will join the club tomorrow.

The new Chairman had this message to pass on to Reading fans:

"I know that you guys have had to put up with a lot of crap recently. But that changes today. Big Chris is coming in to sort the team out and I'm going to make sure there are no more points deductions or transfer embargoes. Come on URZZZZZ."

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 20 Nov 2023 13:26

perhaps WestYorksRoyal & YorkshireRoyal99 could meat up and have these discussions rather than spamming the board with there incessant drivel

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Nov 2023 13:27

Brogue perhaps WestYorksRoyal & YorkshireRoyal99 could meat up and have these discussions rather than spamming the board with there incessant drivel

Can I go too? It sounds great.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 20 Nov 2023 13:28

Elm Park Kid For those of you that are getting impatient, here's a nice bit of fiction to keep you calm.

Imagine a corner flag. . . . . . .

"The club can confirm today that Mike Ashley has completed a takeover of Reading FC after receiving approval from the EFL. He will become club Chairman.

Following the takeover, it has been agreed that Ruben Selles will leave his position as first team manager with immediate effect. We would like to thank him for his work during this difficult period and wish him well for the future.

We are happy to announce that Chris Wilder has accepted the position of manager and will join the club tomorrow.

The new Chairman had this message to pass on to Reading fans:

"I know that you guys have had to put up with a lot of crap recently. But that changes today. Big Chris is coming in to sort the team out and I'm going to make sure there are no more points deductions or transfer embargoes. Come on URZZZZZ."

I am expecting…..

“Dai has decided that the club is no longer up for sale, and it’s business as usual. Mr Yongge will try to keep on top of the monthly bills, but this can’t be guaranteed.

Ruben Selles will be kept on as manager until he proves that he can win 5 games on the trot. Once Ruben has made Reading a success we’ll allow him to leave, but only to a club in the Premiership and for a huge amount of compensation.

This news might be disappointing to some fans, but Dai doesn’t give a flying oxf*rd”.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 20 Nov 2023 13:29

NathStPaul
Brogue perhaps WestYorksRoyal & YorkshireRoyal99 could meat up and have these discussions rather than spamming the board with there incessant drivel

Can I go too? It sounds great.

:shock: are you mental

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Nov 2023 13:33

Isn't that obvious?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Nov 2023 13:34

Second time today FDTW has had a little sly dig. Everything ok at home pal?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 20 Nov 2023 13:36

oh whats happened

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Nov 2023 13:37

Not sure, he is normally a good natured chap. Might be having a personal crisis so it is important to cut him some slack.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Nov 2023 13:53

You ok hun? You're very snipey today.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Nov 2023 13:55

NathStPaul Not sure, he is normally a good natured chap. Might be having a personal crisis so it is important to cut him some slack.

He normally restricts the bitchiness to me. Maybe his condition is escalating

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Nov 2023 13:57

Snowflake Royal

You ok hun? You're very snipey today.

I believe it is considered perfectly ok if directed at YR.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Nov 2023 14:25

:x
NathStPaul Second time today FDTW has had a little sly dig. Everything ok at home pal?

Eh? Not aware of making any sly digs. It was an open goal regardless of the poster and I took the tap in.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Nov 2023 14:29

From Despair To Where?
NathStPaul Second time today FDTW has had a little sly dig. Everything ok at home pal?

Eh? Not aware of making any sly digs. It was an open goal regardless of the poster.

I was too sensitive? Maybe I have problems at home.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Nov 2023 14:38

NathStPaul
From Despair To Where?

Eh? Not aware of making any sly digs. It was an open goal regardless of the poster.

I was too sensitive? Maybe I have problems at home.

<tap in alert>

Not just at home m8.*

Yeah, your missus told me*

*Delete where unapplicable

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Nov 2023 14:43

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul Not sure, he is normally a good natured chap. Might be having a personal crisis so it is important to cut him some slack.

He normally restricts the bitchiness to me. Maybe his condition is escalating

Just playing to the HNA meme, Ian.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 21 Nov 2023 10:24

A meat up :shock:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 21 Nov 2023 10:53

MartinRdg

How about a vegan one?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 21 Nov 2023 13:43

MartinRdg

Did you not know SPAM is not only good to eat but is SPiced hAM? So a meat up will be appropiate.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Nov 2023 13:56

Expectation is that it'll just go all quiet and we'll not hear anything until the end of this week when the next failure to pay tax will be revealed by a 14 year old on twitter.

Then no more info at all as FL rules say you can't say anything until they've approved any proposed sale which will suit Reading's communication strategy down to the ground.

Then in 6 months after countless more failures to pay things we'll be told that Mr Dai has decided not to sell as no-one will meet his "fair" market value. Well at least we'll all get to see Barrow next Christmas.

3809 posts