#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2684 posts
Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Royalwaster » 15 Dec 2023 16:13

Clyde1998
WestYorksRoyal
Sutekh Any useful protest ideas to be had from Charlton who i think had similar issues with Du Chatelet? When they finally got shot of him (2020?) I think they went through a couple more changes in ownership before their present owners.

It needs to get dirty and nasty. What's the most you can do to make his life uncomfortable without crossing the line into being illegal?

This is what I'm thinking.

The only issue is Dai is usually based in China and the biggest potential axe we could wield would be attempting to get his assets in the UK frozen. The major downside to that would be that would also lead to the club's assets being frozen and I doubt Dai would even meet the requirements to get his assets frozen (usually individuals have to be involved in terrorism, major financial fraud, breach of sanctions, etc. to qualify if their country isn't specifically sanctioned).

If we know he's in the UK, protests around his location could be effective (or at least more effective than disrupting matches).

We could hack his account and change his nationality to Russian and then gets his assets frozen.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Mr Angry » 15 Dec 2023 16:27

Royalwaster
Clyde1998
WestYorksRoyal It needs to get dirty and nasty. What's the most you can do to make his life uncomfortable without crossing the line into being illegal?

The only issue is Dai is usually based in China and the biggest potential axe we could wield would be attempting to get his assets in the UK frozen. The major downside to that would be that would also lead to the club's assets being frozen and I doubt Dai would even meet the requirements to get his assets frozen (usually individuals have to be involved in terrorism, major financial fraud, breach of sanctions, etc. to qualify if their country isn't specifically sanctioned).

If we know he's in the UK, protests around his location could be effective (or at least more effective than disrupting matches).

We could hack his account and change his nationality to Russian and then gets his assets frozen.

Go on then.

:roll:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Dec 2023 16:35

Imagine the lolz is SBWD manage to freeze his assets :lol: :lol:

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 15 Dec 2023 16:45

Royalwaster
Clyde1998
WestYorksRoyal It needs to get dirty and nasty. What's the most you can do to make his life uncomfortable without crossing the line into being illegal?

Perhaps someone could set up a crowd fund to pay for a professional hacker? Unless there's already someone with these skills on here...?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Dec 2023 17:12

How about planting 50kg of cocaine in the basement of his London mansion and convincing the tabloids that he's supplying Buckingham Palace?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Dec 2023 17:14

WestYorksRoyal How about planting 50kg of cocaine in the basement of his London mansion and convincing the tabloids that he's supplying Buckingham Palace?

Make it really convincing and also dig a tunnel from his basement to Charlie's place.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Dec 2023 23:55

Clyde1998
WestYorksRoyal
Sutekh Any useful protest ideas to be had from Charlton who i think had similar issues with Du Chatelet? When they finally got shot of him (2020?) I think they went through a couple more changes in ownership before their present owners.

It needs to get dirty and nasty. What's the most you can do to make his life uncomfortable without crossing the line into being illegal?

How the actual oxf*rd do you think a group of fans get his assets frozen ffs?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 16 Dec 2023 08:33

Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998

I don’t - simply saying that’s the most extreme thing that would have an impact on Dai.

As I said, I believe only terrorists, those who have committed major fraud or breaching sanctions would generally be the only things that would lead to getting on the list.

The point is going for assets would have much more of an impact than throwing tennis balls onto the pitch.

traff

by traff » 16 Dec 2023 10:05

Sutekh
WestYorksRoyal How about planting 50kg of cocaine in the basement of his London mansion and convincing the tabloids that he's supplying Buckingham Palace?

Make it really convincing and also dig a tunnel from his basement to Charlie's place.

Was that an intentional pun?

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 16 Dec 2023 10:25

I've not spent much time on Reading's accounts but what exactly is the owner trying to sell?

The club doesn't own the ground, is sinking towards League 2, has a recent history of massive losses (in excess of £50m in the last two years alone) and doesn't have a particularly large following.

And you'd also like 'someone fit and proper'. Good luck with all that, I'd say.

When Bolton was up for sale in 2019, there were four interested parties according to the admins. The preferred buyer didn't have the funds but a deal was agreed payable over three years. It included the ground, four star hotel, exhibition facilities, training ground and further land with potential development value.

Its now more than four years ago and it still hasn't all been paid for despite the previous chargeholders agreeing to accept less, land being sold off for housing development and a government funded COVID loan being converted into shares.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 16 Dec 2023 13:07

Clyde1998
Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998 This is what I'm thinking.

I don’t - simply saying that’s the most extreme thing that would have an impact on Dai.

As I said, I believe only terrorists, those who have committed major fraud or breaching sanctions would generally be the only things that would lead to getting on the list.

The point is going for assets would have much more of an impact than throwing tennis balls onto the pitch.

Maybe some could email him saying they are a Nigerian prince, and they have a very profitable offer to put to him.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Dec 2023 13:53

tmesis
Clyde1998
Snowflake Royal How the actual oxf*rd do you think a group of fans get his assets frozen ffs?

Maybe some could email him saying they are a Nigerian prince, and they have a very profitable offer to put to him.

Well to be fair he fell for it when an agent told him Puscas was worth £8m.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Dec 2023 16:20

Perhaps the money raised by STAR should be used to pay the hotel expenses for the team for a future away game or two (esp. Carlisle).

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Dec 2023 16:26

Sutekh Perhaps the money raised by STAR should be used to pay the hotel expenses for the team for a future away game or two (esp. Carlisle).

Good intentions, but anyone else feel morally dubious about giving our own money to cover the tab for a billionaire?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Dec 2023 16:27

Selles sent off. Stupid prick.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Dec 2023 16:28

Snowflake Royal Selles sent off. Stupid prick.

Best thing he's done since he arrived at the club.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 19 Dec 2023 19:13

Decent statement issued today by the group.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Dec 2023 13:37

Apparently they met the club yesterday. Their statement demands more open communication from the Club on the sale process and then proceeds to divulge fcuk all detail on the conversation, presumably for confidentiality reasons :lol:

Edit: I was being harsh, they confirmed Dayong Pang is still alive.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Dec 2023 14:22

WestYorksRoyal Apparently they met the club yesterday. Their statement demands more open communication from the Club on the sale process and then proceeds to divulge fcuk all detail on the conversation, presumably for confidentiality reasons :lol:

Once again saddened that HNA? representatives weren't invited to this meeting.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Dec 2023 15:13

WestYorksRoyal Apparently they met the club yesterday. Their statement demands more open communication from the Club on the sale process and then proceeds to divulge fcuk all detail on the conversation, presumably for confidentiality reasons :lol:

Whilst they are doing a great job, I do feel they missed a trick here by making it clear that the club only met with them on the basis they don't make the conversation public, whilst then also calling for better comms. Not doing so, opens them up for unnecessary criticism.

2684 posts