Do you agree with todays pitch invasion and match abandonment?

329 posts

Do you approve of the pitch invasion and causing the match abandonment?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 135
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Do you agree with todays pitch invasion and match abandonment?

by Reading4eva » 13 Jan 2024 19:08

Had to be done and in fact, contrary to what others have said, I would not be against a repeat.

The moment it stops is when Dai tells us directly that he is negotiating with new owners. If he plays silly buggers again, it's back to type.

The people I feel sorry for are the players and the manager although from what I've seen he is right behind why it has been done.

So that I hope Dai is aware is the state of play. Sell the club and show intent on selling the club and at this point it needs to be done publicly and keep the peace.

Carry on with this destroying of the football club and face more uncomfortable evenings.

His choice...

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Jan 2024 19:09

Reading4eva Had to be done and in fact, contrary to what others have said, I would not be against a repeat.

The moment it stops is when Dai tells us directly that he is negotiating with new owners. If he plays silly buggers again, it's back to type.

The people I feel sorry for are the players and the manager although from what I've seen he is right behind why it has been done.

So that I hope Dai is aware is the state of play. Sell the club and show intent on selling the club and at this point it needs to be done publicly and keep the peace.

Carry on with this destroying of the football club and face more uncomfortable evenings.

His choice...

You support Bournemouth. Fcuk off back to your ivory tower you utter shithorn.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Jan 2024 19:09

NathStPaul
WestYorksRoyal
NathStPaul Hang on, 3 hours ago you didn't agree with it. Which is it?

How dare anyone change their mind on an unclear, complicated matter.

You either agree with it or you don't. The same implications for invading a pitch that you and Windermere were sobbing about are still in place.

So you've both changed your mind because you now know that there is overwhelming support of the pitch invasion? It's OK to admit it.

I don't think I've ever opposed it? I've found it hard to know what to think as the arguments on both sides are valid.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jan 2024 19:10

NathStPaul
windermereROYAL I agree with it, but sincerely hope it isn`t repeated.
Would imagine if there are any sanctions we will know by next weekend.

Hang on, 3 hours ago you didn't agree with it. Which is it?

Blackpool were slapped with a £50k fine when their fans got a game abandoned during their troubles with a warning that if repeated it would result in games being played behind closed doors.
Don`t really know how we would get the money to pay that, we haven`t got a pot to piss in.

Don`t know what part of this comment meant I didn`t support it tbf.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 13 Jan 2024 19:11

A big yes from me. I think this was the last throw of the dice to save the club. The EFL really have to find a way of getting rid of Dai or else I can only see the club ending up being liquidated.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Jan 2024 19:11

Having seen it, I am supportive of the on-pitch protest but not pushing it to abandonment.

All footage shared is of the out pouring of love and pride toward our club and anger at what is happening. That would still have been shared regardless of the abandonment.

So whilst I will defend the right of those who remained until the end, I personally would have been happier with a lengthy disruption & the game continuing, as it would seem most who got on the pitch did but I respect others disagree.

Question now though, is where do the protests go next? Another abandonment? As that won't get the same level of interest.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 13 Jan 2024 19:12

NathStPaul
Reading4eva Had to be done and in fact, contrary to what others have said, I would not be against a repeat.

His choice...

Fcuk off you silly cnut

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Jan 2024 19:13

Stranded Having seen it, I am supportive of the on-pitch protest but not pushing it to abandonment.

All footage shared is of the out pouring of love and pride toward our club and anger at what is happening. That would still have been shared regardless of the abandonment.

So whilst I will defend the right of those who remained until the end, I personally would have been happier with a lengthy disruption & the game continuing, as it would seem most who got on the pitch did but I respect others disagree.

Question now though, is where do the protests go next? Another abandonment? As that won't get the same level of interest.

Personally I'd like us to target the EFL now. Try and encourage them to intervene and remove Dai.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 13 Jan 2024 19:14

NathStPaul

His choice...

Fcuk off you silly cnut.

I was born here, grew up here. And never have I said any different.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 13 Jan 2024 19:14

Stranded Having seen it, I am supportive of the on-pitch protest but not pushing it to abandonment.

Abandonment was the only option to really get the EFLs attention. Now they have to do something.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Jan 2024 19:15

NathStPaul

Personally I'd like us to target the EFL now. Try and encourage them to intervene and remove Dai.

Agree. Though they have already tried, protest outside there or outside Chinese Embassy may have impact, if done correctly.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Jan 2024 19:16

NathStPaul

They don't have the power. All they can do is expel the club.

It needs to be targeted at out politicians. They found a way to force out Abhramovic, and if things get worse at Everton you can guarantee they'll find a magic solution there too. We shouldn't be treated differently because we're "little old Reading".

Of course we should be bringing the EFL on board to help find a solution, as I think they would currently tell the government not to meddle.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 13 Jan 2024 19:17

Pretty much how I see it as well. Haven’t left any room for peaceful escalation for future action.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 13 Jan 2024 19:23

Sbwd or star should put on some coaches for us all to go up to the efl headquarters to protest up there

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Jan 2024 19:27

jd82

Pretty much how I see it as well. Haven’t left any room for peaceful escalation for future action.

+1

Webster750

by Webster750 » 13 Jan 2024 19:35

In agreement with it.

Just unsure as to how much it’ll achieve given Dai holds all the power.

Part of me worries that he’ll consider the protests as disrespect and even more reason to spite us, but, we can’t simply remain passive.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 13 Jan 2024 19:41

I am so in agreement that I am starting to wonder if there is anything else we can invade and abandon while we are on a roll?!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2024 19:41

Brogue Sbwd or star should put on some coaches for us all to go up to the efl headquarters to protest up there
yeah, that’dwork well with the home fans

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2024 19:42

Winston Biscuit I am so in agreement that I am starting to wonder if there is anything else we can invade and abandon while we are on a roll?!
turn up to an actual game I guess?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 13 Jan 2024 19:44

I was wondering if overnight camping on the pitch might work. Let the game play but then camp on there. Stream it to gain attention

329 posts