Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2654 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Stranded » 23 Jan 2024 10:27

Just as a point of order -the Blackpool punishment that is leaned on was actually an FA charge not an EFL one - I've not seen any charge from the FA as yet, so likely we will be charged by a different organisation and hence be open to different penalties?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Brogue » 23 Jan 2024 10:48

Why the fcuk is it taking so long for the EFL to give us our medicine for the pitch invasion. A week and half now ffs

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 23 Jan 2024 11:37

Calm down mate. Suspended deduction all but confrimed.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Jan 2024 11:39

Elm Park Kid Calm down mate. Suspended deduction all but confrimed.

source?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 23 Jan 2024 11:44

Brogue
Elm Park Kid Calm down mate. Suspended deduction all but confrimed.

source?
The new Gym Shark owner

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Jan 2024 12:01

Presumably the EFL would want to conclude this before our next home game, I.e., today? Just so everyone know the consensus if we do it again.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 23 Jan 2024 14:50

Brogue Why the fcuk is it taking so long for the EFL to give us our medicine for the pitch invasion. A week and half now ffs

It's the FA not the EFL for pitch invasions

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 23 Jan 2024 15:41

Whoever does it, if it’s any kind of suspended punishment, they need to make it clear what would trigger the full deal. In other words, would a suspended points penalty only become effective in the event of another pitch invasion, or would a failure to pay players on time or lobbing tennis balls or chocolate coins (per last weekend in Germany) onto the pitch be a trigger? The club as well as the SBWD team and supporters in general need to know what actions might provoke what outcome.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Jan 2024 16:09

Sutekh
karbota
Elm Park Kid
At this point a transfer embargo is like banning a homeless person from shopping in Harrods.

I'm not expecting the EFL to give us any more punishments that put the future of the club further at risk, not even for the Port Vale match. Maybe some suspended stuff.

That is laughable! it will be points deducted or to play behind closed doors, and hopefully prosecution for the individuals involved.

No it won't, don't think any club has been docked points for that sort of pitch invasion, most likely it'll be a suspended sentence about playing behind closed doors if it happens again this season.

That is a criminal offense, how can they not apply the appropriate sanction.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 23 Jan 2024 17:03

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Jan 2024 17:11

Very lenient, and another charge for Dai. Can't complain with that.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2024 17:11

WestYorksRoyal Very lenient, and another charge for Dai. Can't complain with that.

FA Charge to come though.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 23 Jan 2024 17:17

Hendo
WestYorksRoyal Very lenient, and another charge for Dai. Can't complain with that.

The FA can't dock us points though, I'd have thought. Fines and/or games behond closed doors would be more their thing. I'm not sure what would happen if we didn't pay the fine.

I'm am surprised by the leniency. I was expecting at least 3 points deducted, with a larger suspended deduction.

It wouldn't surprise me if the EFL added something firmer in the summer to try to stop such protests in the future, as this really isnt much of a deterrent at all.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2024 17:20

tmesis
Hendo

The FA can't dock us points though, I'd have thought. Fines and/or games behond closed doors would be more their thing. I'm not sure what would happen if we didn't pay the fine.

I'm am surprised by the leniency. I was expecting at least 3 points deducted, with a larger suspended deduction.

It wouldn't surprise me if the EFL added something firmer in the summer to try to stop such protests in the future, as this really isnt much of a deterrent at all.

No, I don't think they'd be able to either, but fines and games behind closed doors could be quite detrimental. Will just have to see, I guess.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 23 Jan 2024 17:33

The EFL seem to be on our side...

We got away with it once, it made the point, now don't do it again (unless we're mathmatically relegated and Dai is till here).

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 23 Jan 2024 17:36

A few odd comments on twitter about the EFL "not following their rules" by not awarding Vale the win. I'm pretty sure there's no rule that says a game is awarded to the other club if fans get the game abandoned.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Jan 2024 17:39

Harsh on Port Vale

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 23 Jan 2024 17:41

Port Vale definitely hard done by.

If we stay up on the last day by beating Blackpool don't invade the pitch or those 3 points will be taken away - aka relegating us :roll:

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 23 Jan 2024 17:47

Royal_jimmy Port Vale definitely hard done by.

If we stay up on the last day by beating Blackpool don't invade the pitch or those 3 points will be taken away - aka relegating us :roll:

Only if the game is postponed or abandoned by incursion onto the pitch, after is fine.

The Club is now subject to a suspended three-point deduction with the sanction to be activated in either the 2023/2024 season or the 2024/2025 season if any fixture played in any EFL competition is postponed or abandoned due to disruption (including incursion onto the field of play)

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 23 Jan 2024 17:48

Royal_jimmy Port Vale definitely hard done by.

I don't think that would be the case, luckily, as it seems to only apply if the game is abandoned or postponed.

2654 posts