Re: #SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jan 2024 16:12

You're a very odd duck sometimes Forbs.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 26 Jan 2024 16:27

https://twitter.com/STARReading/status/ ... 9-oyA&s=19

Following a recent request to the Club, STAR have been invited to meet with Nigel Howe on a weekly [looks like it will be Thursdays] basis to keep us informed of the progression of the sale.

We will not be providing minutes of these meetings but will update on substantive points where agreed with Nigel.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 27 Jan 2024 12:09

This won't be a surprise to anyone, but I was chatting to my (very reliable) source yesterday and he confirmed that everyone at the club, from Bowen down, is fully #sellbeforewedai. As in they are actively working against the owner and Pang. He was saying that, actually, Pang is considered to be the 'real' enemy as he's the one making decisions. They're keen that as much pressure be put on Pang as possible.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Jan 2024 12:15

Elm Park Kid This won't be a surprise to anyone, but I was chatting to my (very reliable) source yesterday and he confirmed that everyone at the club, from Bowen down, is fully #sellbeforewedai. As in they are actively working against the owner and Pang. He was saying that, actually, Pang is considered to be the 'real' enemy as he's the one making decisions. They're keen that as much pressure be put on Pang as possible.

Very believable. Abbey's leaving message showed a bit of a siege mentality. Thanks to Bowen, Selles, team mates, coaching staff and an admittance that the situation is hard for everyone.

At the moment, people may be committed out of hope of change and building something next season. If nothing has changed by the summer, watch them all abandon ship.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 27 Jan 2024 12:57

WestYorksRoyal
Elm Park Kid This won't be a surprise to anyone, but I was chatting to my (very reliable) source yesterday and he confirmed that everyone at the club, from Bowen down, is fully #sellbeforewedai. As in they are actively working against the owner and Pang. He was saying that, actually, Pang is considered to be the 'real' enemy as he's the one making decisions. They're keen that as much pressure be put on Pang as possible.

Very believable. Abbey's leaving message showed a bit of a siege mentality. Thanks to Bowen, Selles, team mates, coaching staff and an admittance that the situation is hard for everyone.

At the moment, people may be committed out of hope of change and building something next season. If nothing has changed by the summer, watch them all abandon ship.

I fear that if we aren't sold by the summer, there won't be a ship to abandon.

It'd be quite a leap of faith for anyone to buy a season ticket if we aren't sold

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 27 Jan 2024 12:57

WestYorksRoyal

This

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 27 Jan 2024 15:15

I see some nobhead fans on twitter have decided Bowen and Howe are the enemy and are now trying to encourage others to pile on them

Wtf goes through these simpletons brains

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jan 2024 15:19

Winston Biscuit I see some nobhead fans on twitter have decided Bowen and Howe are the enemy and are now trying to encourage others to pile on them

Hopefully those "nobhead fans" are getting equally laid into on tw@tter by proper fans (that is if proper fans use tw@tter).

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 27 Jan 2024 15:30

Sutekh
Winston Biscuit I see some nobhead fans on twitter have decided Bowen and Howe are the enemy and are now trying to encourage others to pile on them

Hopefully those "nobhead fans" are getting equally laid into on tw@tter by proper fans (that is if proper fans use tw@tter).

I would hope so. There is one rather vocal SBWD on there who must be the most cringeworthy RFC fan going. Truly embarrassing behaviour.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jan 2024 22:04

Ask yourself what's to be achieved by working "against". Dai wants to sell the club. Pang is doing what he's paid to do. Also is a director so has legal and fiducary responsibilties to adhere too. Given the financial difficulties the club is in. No shortage of pressure on Pang at the moment. Decisions made are for business reasons nothing personal. Sounds more like ramped up conspriracy theories that circulate around on social media. As a basic story gets embellished the further it travels.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 27 Jan 2024 23:07

Lower West

Dai wants to sell the club

Hi Pang

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 27 Jan 2024 23:42

Lower West

Ask yourself what's to be achieved by working "against".

It might be more along the lines of trying to prevent players leaving, rather than the sale of the club.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Jan 2024 12:11

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Pang is actively sabotaging the sale of the club, he has a cushy position as the club CEO, he will never get this sort of position/pay packet for a long time after this fiasco.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 28 Jan 2024 13:25

Lower West

Ask yourself what's to be achieved by working "against". Dai wants to sell the club. Pang is doing what he's paid to do. Also is a director so has legal and fiducary responsibilties to adhere too. Given the financial difficulties the club is in. No shortage of pressure on Pang at the moment. Decisions made are for business reasons nothing personal. Sounds more like ramped up conspriracy theories that circulate around on social media. As a basic story gets embellished the further it travels.

Have you been on the sensible pills? You can't go talking like that on a footie forum. :o :o :o :o

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 28 Jan 2024 19:17

Statement issued by the group about 3 new protests- protests at the Charlton and Port Vale matches and a protest day in London.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 28 Jan 2024 19:23

Royals and Racers Statement issued by the group about 3 new protests- protests at the Charlton and Port Vale matches and a protest day in London.
Basic summary:
  1. Charlton (10th Feb) - 'Get that clown out of our town' - Dai masks and clown wigs
  2. Port Vale (20th Feb) - 'Show Dai the red card' - Red card display in 16th minute
  3. London protest (~25th Feb) - 'Make Dai go' - Protest with route to be confirmed after police approval

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Jan 2024 17:19

Ten Bobsworth
Lower West

Have you been on the sensible pills? You can't go talking like that on a footie forum. :o :o :o :o

There's a long long long long road ahead who ever owns the club next. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 29 Jan 2024 22:49

Lower West
Ten Bobsworth
Lower West

There's a long long long long road ahead who ever owns the club next. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

It will largely depend on any deal that’s done and who any new owners are. Ken Anderson turned it round in double quick time at Bolton but he did have help and support from the previous owner until he died. That seems an unlikely prospect at Reading so it will largely depend on how deep the pockets of any new owner are.
It’s a bit easier and less expensive at League 1 and League 2 level but the main requirements, as well as the money, are getting the right people in the key posts of Chairman, CEO and Football Manager.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jan 2024 08:11

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 30 Jan 2024 08:39

Sutekh
Ten Bobsworth
Lower West

It will largely depend on any deal that’s done and who any new owners are. Ken Anderson turned it round in double quick time at Bolton but he did have help and support from the previous owner until he died. That seems an unlikely prospect at Reading so it will largely depend on how deep the pockets of any new owner are.
It’s a bit easier and less expensive at League 1 and League 2 level but the main requirements, as well as the money, are getting the right people in the key posts of Chairman, CEO and Football Manager.

The 'thick table' are always easily bored.

I am afraid that the blockheads and the weasels are everywhere and there are loads of 'em, as the Post Office Inquiry is highlighting in hideous and copious detail.

2684 posts