Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Royals and Racers » 23 Feb 2024 16:27

Any China crisis song would be good :D

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Feb 2024 16:39

I've e-mailed the club requesting "To The Bin My Friend, Tonight We Vacate Earth" by Mogwai.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Feb 2024 16:55

I'm going to go out on a limb here. But I don't think the person who sets up the HT play list is in the sale negotiation team.

And If knowledge of where things are with a takeover has reached them, I think we'd likely be hearing much more anyone even vaguely tapped in.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Feb 2024 17:05

Yeah everyone, Ian speaketh. Stop this "having a little bit of fun" nonsense immediately.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 23 Feb 2024 17:10

Snowflake Royal I'm going to go out on a limb here. But I don't think the person who sets up the HT play list is in the sale negotiation team.

And If knowledge of where things are with a takeover has reached them, I think we'd likely be hearing much more anyone even vaguely tapped in.

Teenage Dirtbag

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Feb 2024 19:50

Back on topic, the STAR meeting with NH has been put back until Monday because, quote "he is a very busy man"

Owlish52

by Owlish52 » 23 Feb 2024 21:52

WestYorksRoyal
Elm Park Kid
SouthDownsRoyal
No, just wondering if there was any news on the takeover of Reading FC

My source told me today that things are positive. There are multiple offers that meet Dai's valuation and are (on the face of it) viable. They're still going through validation, but the preferred buyer is one who should clear EFL tests very quickly.

Don't take it personally, but I'm always skeptical of "sources"

If things are moving more quickly this time, what's the reason? Dai more realistic? Protests making the club more trouble than it's worth? Worsening personal circumstances so he needs cash?

Just a guess, but the club being out of the relegation zone and on a good run of form might be positive factors.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 24 Feb 2024 00:32

Elm Park Kid
SouthDownsRoyal
blythspartan
So not a question about the Jay Z Takeover song?

My source told me today that things are positive. There are multiple offers that meet Dai's valuation and are (on the face of it) viable. They're still going through validation, but the preferred buyer is one who should clear EFL tests very quickly.

Thank you for this update

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Feb 2024 19:34

WestYorksRoyal
Elm Park Kid
SouthDownsRoyal

Don't take it personally, but I'm always skeptical of "sources"

If things are moving more quickly this time, what's the reason? Dai more realistic? Protests making the club more trouble than it's worth? Worsening personal circumstances so he needs cash?

Tbf EPK’s posts are ones that I take notice of on this subject so hopefully some positive news coming soon

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 25 Feb 2024 21:18

morganb
Snowflake Royal I'm going to go out on a limb here. But I don't think the person who sets up the HT play list is in the sale negotiation team.

Teenage Dirtbag

Our owner's a dick;
He brings just pain to us;
We'd simply kick;
His arse if we knew the truth;
He lives nowhere near;
Can't throw cans of beer;
But he doesn't know who I am;
And he doesn't give a damn about me.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Feb 2024 22:35

Clyde1998
morganb

Teenage Dirtbag

Our owner's a dick;
We'd simply kick;
He lives nowhere near;

:|

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 25 Feb 2024 23:39

SouthDownsRoyal
Clyde1998
morganb
Teenage Dirtbag

Our owner's a dick;
We'd simply kick;
He lives nowhere near;

The most positive reaction I could've hoped for :mrgreen:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Feb 2024 10:30

Clyde1998
SouthDownsRoyal
Clyde1998 Our owner's a dick;
We'd simply kick;
He lives nowhere near;

The most positive reaction I could've hoped for :mrgreen:

I give it C for effort.

Obviously it can't possibly compare to the hilarious comedy stylings of SDR's 'manager out' routine every time we lose.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Feb 2024 12:02

Anyway meeting with Howe is today apparently, so be very interesting* to see if we hear something positive.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 Feb 2024 14:17

Stranded Anyway meeting with Howe is today apparently, so be very interesting* to see if we hear something positive.
Howe can legitimately say he's been meeting with interested parties if he meets STAR, BBC Berks or anyone... doesn't mean they've got any money to make an offer

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Feb 2024 18:50

Another nothing update from the STAR meeting with Howe today. Seems like a load of procrastination. Not by Howe, but by the man he's negotiating for.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 26 Feb 2024 19:23

WestYorksRoyal Another nothing update from the STAR meeting with Howe today. Seems like a load of procrastination. Not by Howe, but by the man he's negotiating for.

It would be good to understand how much money is left from the player sales. This again wasn't covered.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Feb 2024 22:15

Forbury Lion
Stranded Anyway meeting with Howe is today apparently, so be very interesting* to see if we hear something positive.
Howe can legitimately say he's been meeting with interested parties if he meets STAR, BBC Berks or anyone... doesn't mean they've got any money to make an offer

That wouldn't be positive news though

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Feb 2024 09:37

WestYorksRoyal Another nothing update from the STAR meeting with Howe today. Seems like a load of procrastination. Not by Howe, but by the man he's negotiating for.

Depends on how you want to take the update - there are two, equally valid readings of it.

1. Things are no futher along, we have one potential but we are actively looking to see if there are better options - hold your hats it is going to get bumpy.

2. A number of interested parties are willing to pay the money Dai is asking - upon doing our due diligence we noted that a number of parties, whilst able to pay, do not meet criteria set by the club (probably not Dai) in terms of ongoing financing/sustainability. This could be anything from not being considered wealthy enough, money being tied up overseas etc - and those in charge of finding the right owner to go forward are trying to minimise the possibility of issues with getting money in to pay wages etc.

As a result of this due diligence, a number of parties have been told we will not proceed with them but there is one that meets the criteria we have set down - as a result, this offer has moved on to the next stage of the process. This step is not yet exclusivity and we are working with a number of new interested parties who have approached Howe/the club in recent days to see if there is another option that will meet the cost to purchase and the ongoing criteria.

Completely get that most people fall into the camp who think 1 (and I am very cautious to think anything else until we get official positive news) but 2 is equally valid from the comments and also fits what Elm Park Kid has said on here, who has a decent record on these things.

So proof will be in the pudding but putting things together this seems positive but could also be a case of 2+2=5.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Feb 2024 09:59

Think we heard lots of positive noises in the autumn and it turned out to be hot air. Skepticism and pessimism is my natural standpoint now. It could be that things are positive behind the scenes, or this could just be noise to appease fans and hold off protests.

3674 posts