TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3558 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Mar 2024 13:06

The hyper optimist in me hopes this is because they've been gazumped by another party buying the club.

I know this is an unlikely scenario before anyone comments.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Mar 2024 13:14

It shouldn't block any sale of the club/stadium to any potential owner as the club don't own the training ground any more due to Dai's shiftiness, so club is just a name.

Now Dai could try and throw that in and muck things up with the alleged deal but if this is all as people expect, Dai has a very weak hand now with the training ground.

He can only sell it to someone wanting to be RFC's landlord and this planning permission means that the club can be pretty tough when it comes to any rental agreement etc as they know the owner can't simply go and offer it to Wycombe or anyone else.

Of course, he could get in a strop and decide to mothball the whole thing but we are all pretty much expecting that anyway.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Mar 2024 13:18

Stranded It shouldn't block any sale of the club/stadium to any potential owner as the club don't own the training ground any more due to Dai's shiftiness, so club is just a name.

Now Dai could try and throw that in and muck things up with the alleged deal but if this is all as people expect, Dai has a very weak hand now with the training ground.

He can only sell it to someone wanting to be RFC's landlord and this planning permission means that the club can be pretty tough when it comes to any rental agreement etc as they know the owner can't simply go and offer it to Wycombe or anyone else.

Of course, he could get in a strop and decide to mothball the whole thing but we are all pretty much expecting that anyway.

But I thought Dai and Pang wouldn't let emotions cloud business decisions?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Mar 2024 13:25

blythspartan SJM says the sale is very close and buyers with deep pockets.

However the buyers have very short arms. But then that's probably what we need now!

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Mar 2024 13:27

This is a really bad development from Dai's perspective. He can try smoke and mirrors with potential buyers and threaten to sell assets separately, but everyone will now know it's all bollocks.

Accept what's on offer and fcuk off Dai.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Mar 2024 13:33

my concern would be that these rumoured prospective buyers only want the club at the lower price without the training ground, and the trainig ground being back in the total deal means they are no longer interested and we are back where we were, with no one looking to buy as as Dai values it all too high

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Mar 2024 13:34

Hound
windermereROYAL Just guesswork that it could potentially baulk the sale, nobody outside of the clubs knows, stop panicking.

It’s a bit more than guesswork. It’s there in writing that it was for RFC use and Wycombe have said it’s on hold

It may still go through of course but there’s obviously concern that it may well not do so now

I was talking about the takeover.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Mar 2024 13:38

genome Posh are down to 10 men.

Lol

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Mar 2024 13:40

Winston Biscuit my concern would be that these rumoured prospective buyers only want the club at the lower price without the training ground, and the trainig ground being back in the total deal means they are no longer interested and we are back where we were, with no one looking to buy as as Dai values it all too high

The rumour seemed to be there were not fussed about owning it, not that they absolutely didn't want to.

If the planning permission issue is pretty watertight and it precludes anyone but us using it, then the purchasers have the upper hand in negotiations. Dai either sells to them at a price they are willing to pay or he has to find someone willing to pay a higher fee to be the landlord.

But also the landlord to the only tennant that can use the place, a tennant who can essentially say we will be no more than X or we will leave you with an empty, realtively worthless piece of land.

The only currentl concern here is who now covers the shortfall becoming due on Friday if things don't move quickly this week - Dai was probably feeling comfortable that the shortfall is covered and he can play hardball - now there is a relative level of speed required (though Dai won't care about 2 more points).

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Mar 2024 13:40

Winston Biscuit my concern would be that these rumoured prospective buyers only want the club at the lower price without the training ground, and the trainig ground being back in the total deal means they are no longer interested and we are back where we were, with no one looking to buy as as Dai values it all too high

It's an interesting one. Dai's hand is undoubtedly weakened, but equally the club is definitely worth more with Bearwood than without. I suspect it will delay negotiations, but equally it sounds like we’re reaching the crunch with several parties, and these things can move quickly.

Mr Sitter

by Mr Sitter » 18 Mar 2024 13:44

I’m keeping my celebrations over the Bearwood news ‘on hold’ until we know the wider effects on Dai’s behaviour. A pity the news didn’t come out a week later as the sale of the club might have got over the line. I have fears Dai will stop talks on the takeover now.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Mar 2024 13:46

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Mar 2024 13:48

Love him or hate him, trust him or not but Huang Kad has just posted a picture of a corner flag.

One of those situations where you don't trust the account but know it has been right on more than one occasion (wrong on others) and hope this is one more occasion where it is right.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 18 Mar 2024 13:50

I don't know about you lot, but I'm starting to think that Dai Yongge isn't a very good businessman.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Mar 2024 13:55

Supporting Reading hasn't been normal for about 5 years, but even by the standards of this season, the past 5 days or so has to go down as one of the bonkers weeks.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 18 Mar 2024 13:55

Couhig suggesting on Twitter this was his plan all along which is either A-grade copium or some top tier 4D chess

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Mar 2024 13:57

Stranded Love him or hate him, trust him or not but Huang Kad has just posted a picture of a corner flag.

One of those situations where you don't trust the account but know it has been right on more than one occasion (wrong on others) and hope this is one more occasion where it is right.

Does anyone remember Big Mike?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Mar 2024 13:58

MouldyRoyal Couhig suggesting on Twitter this was his plan all along which is either A-grade copium or some top tier 4D chess

I think none of this would have been public knowledge without the Athletic's article. Perhaps they were at relatively early stages. Whoever leaked threw a massive spanner in the works.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Mar 2024 14:01

Winston Biscuit If the planning permission issue is pretty watertight and it precludes anyone but us using it, then the purchasers have the upper hand in negotiations
If that kind of planning permission caveat exists, then hats off to Wokingham Council.
Would be handy if the same applied to the Madejski Stadium, but it has that Community Asset order so that should ensure it continues as a sporting venue, hopefully for Reading FC.
Maybe something to consider for the future if the club ever seeks planning permission to extend or anything

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 18 Mar 2024 14:07

I suspect (and it's only supposition) the planning permission was made personal to Reading so that the council can keep a tight control of how the facilities are used. I'd be surprised if they objected to transferring it to Wycombe - or even to allowing both clubs to share (although there may still be a delay before the permissions could be transferred). Rather, I suspect it's to stop somebody buying the facilities and trying to get their maximum commercial potential by putting on events, letting the facilities to over users, perhaps opening parts up as a private sports club... Of course, that's exactly what might put off Wycombe's third-party investor from being interested in buying Bearwood.

3558 posts