#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: #SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

by 6ft Kerplunk » 27 Mar 2024 11:08

WestYorksRoyal Their point about naming the counterparty is impossible; EFL rules don't allow them to be named until they have completed their OADT procedures.

As for asking for communication from the buyer, it does seem a bit self important, but I would agree with the sentiment that building a rapport with the fans should be a top priority for any incoming owner. This year has been particularly difficult because there is so much distrust of a silent owner who has never tried to justify or explain their decisions to us.

If the rules state that they can't be named at the moment why does anyone think that means they can start communicating with fans or fan groups until they're allowed to go public about the deal? I'm sure once they're able to we'll get press statements being issued and hopefully some dialogue with STAR.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Mar 2024 11:33

6ft Kerplunk
WestYorksRoyal Their point about naming the counterparty is impossible; EFL rules don't allow them to be named until they have completed their OADT procedures.

As for asking for communication from the buyer, it does seem a bit self important, but I would agree with the sentiment that building a rapport with the fans should be a top priority for any incoming owner. This year has been particularly difficult because there is so much distrust of a silent owner who has never tried to justify or explain their decisions to us.

If the rules state that they can't be named at the moment why does anyone think that means they can start communicating with fans or fan groups until they're allowed to go public about the deal? I'm sure once they're able to we'll get press statements being issued and hopefully some dialogue with STAR.

I'd presume that some members of STAR are entitled to know more about this process than the rest of us, and could hold conversations with possible buyers about expectations. But that would be STAR as the official supporters trust and not SBWD who are effectively a protest group (though there is overlap between individuals involved). I would hope that any buyer who has got this far has tried to initiate some contact with the fans.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 27 Mar 2024 12:06

Snowflake Royal
The Royal Forester Did Zing pay for his 51% and did he get it back or forfeited it when that share reverted to SJM? It's something I have wondered before but never checked it out.

There's conflicting info.

At the time I recall the deal being pay x for 51% with a deadline for the remaining 49% with the lot reverting to SJM if that second payment was missed.

However, Dirkers has subsequently claimed he'd heard Anton never actually paid for the 51% and that's why it all reverted to SJM.

I find the latter incredibly hard to believe because I think you'd have to be a screaming moron to hand over control of your company without being paid for it.

If Zinga didnt even pay the initial 51% then the contract wouldnt have been completed and Sir John could just void the transfer of ownership.

It must therefore be taken as given that he got paid for the 1st half.

Then got the rest of the club back when Zinga didnt go through with the purchase. A great bit of business from Sir john

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Mar 2024 12:16

Greatwesternline
Snowflake Royal
The Royal Forester Did Zing pay for his 51% and did he get it back or forfeited it when that share reverted to SJM? It's something I have wondered before but never checked it out.

There's conflicting info.

At the time I recall the deal being pay x for 51% with a deadline for the remaining 49% with the lot reverting to SJM if that second payment was missed.

However, Dirkers has subsequently claimed he'd heard Anton never actually paid for the 51% and that's why it all reverted to SJM.

I find the latter incredibly hard to believe because I think you'd have to be a screaming moron to hand over control of your company without being paid for it.

If Zinga didnt even pay the initial 51% then the contract wouldnt have been completed and Sir John could just void the transfer of ownership.

It must therefore be taken as given that he got paid for the 1st half.

Then got the rest of the club back when Zinga didnt go through with the purchase. A great bit of business from Sir john

Well, yes. That was my point at the time.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 27 Mar 2024 13:16

Green
Mr Angry
Mid Sussex Royal SBWD statement following today's news is kneejerk and not for the first time.

They are complaining the club hasn't announced who the proposed buyer is, really think they need to get individuals who understand this stuff to check their statements through.

Can you put their statement up on here please?

https://twitter.com/SellBeforeWeDai/status/1772650446856863844

Many thanks

That statement doesn't seem in anyway unhinged or inappropriate; pretty reasonable IMHO.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 27 Mar 2024 13:19

WestYorksRoyal
6ft Kerplunk

I'd presume that some members of STAR are entitled to know more about this process than the rest of us, and could hold conversations with possible buyers about expectations. But that would be STAR as the official supporters trust and not SBWD who are effectively a protest group (though there is overlap between individuals involved). I would hope that any buyer who has got this far has tried to initiate some contact with the fans.

I read that the statement said they urge the prospective buyers to reach out to STAR "as soon as possible"; that doesn't mean they are demanding the group with exclusivity contact STAR today, it means they would like them to as soon as they are able to do so.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 27 Mar 2024 14:12

Mr Angry
Green
Mr Angry
Can you put their statement up on here please?

https://twitter.com/SellBeforeWeDai/status/1772650446856863844

Many thanks

That statement doesn't seem in anyway unhinged or inappropriate; pretty reasonable IMHO.

This statement hopes the next one will signify the end of the campaign. Does that mean the "Football has an ownership problem" part of the campaign being dropped as well? If so, were they only interested in Reading FC and not football in general!1? Anyone from SBWD like to enlighten us?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Mar 2024 14:22

The Royal Forester
Mr Angry

Many thanks

This statement hopes the next one will signify the end of the campaign. Does that mean the "Football has an ownership problem" part of the campaign being dropped as well? If so, were they only interested in Reading FC and not football in general!1? Anyone from SBWD like to enlighten us?

good point well made

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 27 Mar 2024 14:59

TBF we pass the baton on at that point, albeit we're still invested supporters from the sidelines.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Mar 2024 15:03

Green TBF we pass the baton on at that point, albeit we're still invested supporters from the sidelines.

We take the Portsmouth approach. Ignore anyone else in trouble and go after the people that wronged us.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Mar 2024 15:46

Pepe the Horseman
Green TBF we pass the baton on at that point, albeit we're still invested supporters from the sidelines.

We take the Portsmouth approach. Ignore anyone else in trouble and go, leaving a trail of shitty mattresses, rubbish and dead dogs behind.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 27 Mar 2024 16:29

Which group(s) will the baton be passed onto?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Mar 2024 16:36

The Royal Forester

the homosexuals

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 27 Mar 2024 21:33

The Royal Forester

Take your pick (of one of many in financial strife)

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 27 Mar 2024 21:56

Mr Angry
WestYorksRoyal
6ft Kerplunk If the rules state that they can't be named at the moment why does anyone think that means they can start communicating with fans or fan groups until they're allowed to go public about the deal? I'm sure once they're able to we'll get press statements being issued and hopefully some dialogue with STAR.

I read that the statement said they urge the prospective buyers to reach out to STAR "as soon as possible"; that doesn't mean they are demanding the group with exclusivity contact STAR today, it means they would like them to as soon as they are able to do so.

That was certainly the intent!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 27 Mar 2024 22:00

Brogue
The Royal Forester
Mr Angry
Many thanks

good point well made

The end of the campaign against the owner.

Certainly not the intention that the wider purpose disappears. We want to be there to support others that need it, hold the governance system to account etc.

Plus, we'll be watching the new owner, hoping we don't need to rebrand and step back up.....

Hopefully there'll be wider cognisance and empathy from the general fanbase towards other clubs that start heading down a path that could become an existential crisis also compared to pre campaign. We've certainly learned a lot as we go.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Mar 2024 22:11

Let’s hope the campaign is coming to an end.

Interesting* that throughout the whole thing that there were the usual suspects on here sneering (whilst doing fcuk all obviously) at SBWD.

I didn’t always agree with everything they did but on balance I think they were effective at getting the message out there.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Mar 2024 06:49

I’m with Hiram K Hackenbacker.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 28 Mar 2024 08:35

So if the rumours are correct and the prospective new owners are buying us as an Arbitrage play - with funds from various exotic industries (crypto/longevity biotech) - the protests continue or they stop?

Do we want sugar daddies who gamble on making money (for themselves) in the prem or not?

I was under the impression that this is the type of ownership that SBWD was against.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 28 Mar 2024 08:35

Royal Rother I’m with Hiram K Hackenbacker.

I agree

2661 posts