Manager's Car

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Manager's Car

by Forbury Lion » 14 May 2024 12:02

So what's with the knobby personalised number plate on the managers car? - It's the same one Ince had, which I assumed was because he was a knob and maybe bought it with his success bonus (number place is BONUS with some 1's in it because I assume his bonus wouldn't stretch to one that just read BONUS)

If the club own the number plate, then it's got to be worth a few quid so why not sell it? I doubt Ruben wants it.

Another possibility is that Ince owns it and hasn't bothered to reassign it, My brother did this. Sold a car with his personalised plate on but the DVLA later let him reassign it, don't know what that meant for the person who now owned the car, possibly two people driving around with the same reg? Reminds me of Sir John when he sold his Jag XJ220 and the auctioner had photos of it with the JM1 licence plate on and the buyers thought that was included and paid accordingly. It went a bit legal, Sir John claimed he was not liable and the auctioners were at thought.

Anyway, this is something I was pondering on and off, also wonder how much the licence plate is worth?

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Manager's Car

by 6ft Kerplunk » 14 May 2024 12:29

Is the car supplied by SCL as part of his salary, number pate might belong to them?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 May 2024 11:45

Forbury Lion So what's with the knobby personalised number plate on the managers car? - It's the same one Ince had, which I assumed was because he was a knob and maybe bought it with his success bonus (number place is BONUS with some 1's in it because I assume his bonus wouldn't stretch to one that just read BONUS)

If the club own the number plate, then it's got to be worth a few quid so why not sell it? I doubt Ruben wants it.

Another possibility is that Ince owns it and hasn't bothered to reassign it, My brother did this. Sold a car with his personalised plate on but the DVLA later let him reassign it, don't know what that meant for the person who now owned the car, possibly two people driving around with the same reg? Reminds me of Sir John when he sold his Jag XJ220 and the auctioner had photos of it with the JM1 licence plate on and the buyers thought that was included and paid accordingly. It went a bit legal, Sir John claimed he was not liable and the auctioners were at thought.

Anyway, this is something I was pondering on and off, also wonder how much the licence plate is worth?

https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=191130

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 May 2024 13:51

Forbury Lion So what's with the knobby personalised number plate on the managers car? - It's the same one Ince had, which I assumed was because he was a knob and maybe bought it with his success bonus (number place is BONUS with some 1's in it because I assume his bonus wouldn't stretch to one that just read BONUS)

B0nus?

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 28 May 2024 14:58

The car belongs to Tony Walker not Ince

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 May 2024 15:36

SouthDownsRoyal B0nus?
No, it's a bit more rubbish than that

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 May 2024 15:37

URZZZZZZZZ The car belongs to Tony Walker not Ince
Well that explains that then.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 28 May 2024 16:00

Yeah I saw Tony Warner driving it up near the ground.

It's his money, if he wants to waste it on a naff numberplate then that's his lookout. Mind you I wouldn't say that to his face, he's massive.

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1