Rival Watch

17460 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Sutekh » 19 May 2024 10:09

SouthDownsRoyal
WestYorksRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal Its good there's another decent side in the league which will hopefully stop Hollywood FC going up.

And stop Reading FC too. Really doesn't help us having Bolton in L1 next year.

Yeah, I’m more bothered about Reading than Ryan Reynolds

Agreed. Just need Reading to be consistent and turn up in 46 league games and there should be a decent reward. Hopefully Brum will start the season well, which should mean Eustace will be sacked by the end of October, leaving the way open for the Selles revival.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 May 2024 10:11

Orion1871
SCIAG If Oxford go up then both their fans will be insufferable.

If? Hate to break it to you SCIAG, but they have gone up.

:mrgreen:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 19 May 2024 10:35

I think we have to congratulate Oxford on their promotion; even though they didn't look anything special against us (unlike Bolton) they did what was needed when it mattered, and deservedly won the game.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 19 May 2024 10:47

Sutekh
SouthDownsRoyal
WestYorksRoyal And stop Reading FC too. Really doesn't help us having Bolton in L1 next year.

Agreed. Just need Reading to be consistent and turn up in 46 league games and there should be a decent reward. Hopefully Brum will start the season well, which should mean Eustace will be sacked by the end of October, leaving the way open for the Selles revival.

Did I miss Eustace going back to Birmingham ? :shock:

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 19 May 2024 12:11

bloody Volvo driver
Sutekh
genome No shots on target in a playoff final is criminal

Can't recall Reading having a shot on target in their last time in a PO final either.

Or Huddersfield if truth be told, hence why it was unquestionably the worst game of association football I have ever witnessed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_EFL_ ... Statistics

2-1 Huddersfield on shots on target in that game (10-8 to us off target). All the shots on target came in the second half - our shot on target came in the 48th minute. Both of their shots on target were long range speculative efforts.

Imagine doing worse than us in 2017. :|

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 May 2024 13:20

Bolton will be an interesting one. Their defence is shit, the vultures will be circling for their attacking talent and they're coming off the double whammy of an auto promotion and play off heartbreak.

Could win the league, could fiinish 18th.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 May 2024 13:22

Also Posh- two PO failures in a row. Can they keep the quality in that squad together and in the same shape, or are they going to dip?

They have quite a young team admittedly. Although a hell of a lot of Bolton's will be pushing 30 next year, so getting to beyond prime.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 May 2024 14:06

Franchise FC
Sutekh
SouthDownsRoyal

No I'm the dumdum, I meant Mowbray. :oops: :lol:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 19 May 2024 15:06

Sutekh
Franchise FC
Sutekh

No I'm the dumdum, I meant Mowbray. :oops: :lol:

Given his health issues I’m not convinced he’ll start the new season

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 May 2024 15:20

Crawley have returned to the 3rd division for the first time since 2015. Their highest ever league placing was 10th in the 3rd division back in 2013. Time to start a new derby perhaps?

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 19 May 2024 16:41

Sutekh Crawley have returned to the 3rd division for the first time since 2015. Their highest ever league placing was 10th in the 3rd division back in 2013. Time to start a new derby perhaps?

They looked decent today, good footballing side and some good technical players, they'll surprise a few people next season.

Nice to see Liam Kelly play well.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 May 2024 17:33

Not that it’s the right place to put this but I find watching Premiership football so dull these days. I am watching Man City play West Ham, but I much preferred watching Crewe play Crawley earlier. I am probably alone here but City’s success has just made it all so oxf*rd boring.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 19 May 2024 18:03

Definitely agree.

OTOH there were 37 goals scored today, which is impressive.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 May 2024 19:15

blythspartan Not that it’s the right place to put this but I find watching Premiership football so dull these days. I am watching Man City play West Ham, but I much preferred watching Crewe play Crawley earlier. I am probably alone here but City’s success has just made it all so oxf*rd boring.

Watched Arsenal vs Everton, was unimpressed. Yes the first touch and pace is better than L1 obviously. But it certainly didn't make me rue the quality of football I've seen already.

That (double) step up in quality is not even remotely worth the cost step up.

Thay second Arsenal goal would be a bit embarrassing in L1, let alone trying to decide a PL trophy.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 20 May 2024 01:05

Mid Sussex Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal Its good there's another decent side in the league which will hopefully stop Hollywood FC going up.

And stop Reading FC too. Really doesn't help us having Bolton in L1 next year.

Don't think we are in serious contention anyway, unless we make some clever signings.

Playoff form for most of the year, top 5 attendances - an extremely young squad comprising some of the best U21s in the country. We're solidly in the playoff conversation.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 May 2024 05:32

blythspartan Not that it’s the right place to put this but I find watching Premiership football so dull these days. I am watching Man City play West Ham, but I much preferred watching Crewe play Crawley earlier. I am probably alone here but City’s success has just made it all so oxf*rd boring.

Not to mention that whatever they've won for the last 10+ years is "tainted".

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 20 May 2024 15:42

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Manchester City get relegated down to L1 or even L2, and have all of their trophies stripped of them as part of the punishment when the Premier League FINALLY get around to having a look at those 115 charges...........

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 20 May 2024 15:49

Chameleon
Mid Sussex Royal
WestYorksRoyal And stop Reading FC too. Really doesn't help us having Bolton in L1 next year.

Don't think we are in serious contention anyway, unless we make some clever signings.

Playoff form for most of the year, top 5 attendances - an extremely young squad comprising some of the best U21s in the country. We're solidly in the playoff conversation.

I think "some of the best U21s in the country" is perhaps a bit OTT.
Who do you think they are just as a matter of interest?
Are any playing for England U21s?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 20 May 2024 15:59

Mr Angry It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Manchester City get relegated down to L1 or even L2, and have all of their trophies stripped of them as part of the punishment when the Premier League FINALLY get around to having a look at those 115 charges...........

I think the Premier League are looking at the charges, but the complexity and legal implications means it's not a quick process. The maximum penalty Man City can face is expulsion from the Premier League - which would obviously end up in court. Whatever decision the Premier League makes needs to withstand court challenges.

Additionally, I believe the EFL have suggested in the past the only way for a club to join the EFL is through relegation from the Premier League or promotion from the National League. If that's accurate, they'd end up below League Two.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 May 2024 16:17

South Coast Royal
Chameleon
Mid Sussex Royal

I think "some of the best U21s in the country" is perhaps a bit OTT.
Who do you think they are just as a matter of interest?
Are any playing for England U21s?

Presumably talking about how they came 6th in the league and are in the semi-finals of the play-offs.

Of course that doesn't factor in players who aren't in the U21 side, like Bindon and Craig for us, or Rico Lewis for Man City.

17460 posts