TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3809 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 May 2024 17:01

It still feels like Chiron have more leverage due to the debt and charges. They may have found something in DD that they have tried to amend the price for.

Dellor is reliable enough, but his contacts will be Howe and others at the club. Feels to me like they are putting out rumours of other buyers and trying to apply pressure to Chiron to accept whatever they have found in DD without amending the price.

Presumably if Dai walks from this deal, he'll also need a strategy to protect the value of his asset to convince other buyers, meaning putting in necessary funding to keep Selles and the team together. Does anyone seriously believe he has a plan for that?

Have to wait and see how it plays out, like Stranded said earlier I'm too tired of worrying about things beyond out control.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 May 2024 17:03

How stupid does Dai have to be, to be frustrated that with each new discovery of damage he's done, the prospective buyers are reducing their offer.

Interesting that we seem to be getting a deadline of a week or new talks with someone else. Suggests we should have concrete news within the next 10 days one way or another.

Fear we're gone if the current lot fall through. I just don't see how we start the season without investment. We don't really have many high value saleable players. Azeez and Bindon maybe.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 May 2024 17:14

Snowflake Royal How stupid does Dai have to be, to be frustrated that with each new discovery of damage he's done, the prospective buyers are reducing their offer.

Interesting that we seem to be getting a deadline of a week or new talks with someone else. Suggests we should have concrete news within the next 10 days one way or another.

Fear we're gone if the current lot fall through. I just don't see how we start the season without investment. We don't really have many high value saleable players. Azeez and Bindon maybe.

Olise sell on?

No doubt it's bad news if it falls through, but I'd put decent money on that we'd get through next season somehow.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 May 2024 17:24

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal How stupid does Dai have to be, to be frustrated that with each new discovery of damage he's done, the prospective buyers are reducing their offer.

Olise sell on?

No doubt it's bad news if it falls through, but I'd put decent money on that we'd get through next season somehow.

I'll take that bet. No takeover = no finish 24/25 season.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 May 2024 18:04

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal

Olise sell on?

I hate to have to agree but that’s the way it feels

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 May 2024 18:06

WestYorksRoyal It still feels like Chiron have more leverage due to the debt and charges. They may have found something in DD that they have tried to amend the price for.

Dellor is reliable enough, but his contacts will be Howe and others at the club. Feels to me like they are putting out rumours of other buyers and trying to apply pressure to Chiron to accept whatever they have found in DD without amending the price.

Presumably if Dai walks from this deal, he'll also need a strategy to protect the value of his asset to convince other buyers, meaning putting in necessary funding to keep Selles and the team together. Does anyone seriously believe he has a plan for that?

Have to wait and see how it plays out, like Stranded said earlier I'm too tired of worrying about things beyond out control.

Dellor is apparently on holiday so this is likely third hand at best. 2 and 2 being put together due to exclusivity ending.

If the buyer does pull out or Dai rejects, we're done for. Loans called in (worst case scenario) but likely more unpaid wages will mean starting next season with more points deductions.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 22 May 2024 18:10

Mid Sussex Royal
WestYorksRoyal It still feels like Chiron have more leverage due to the debt and charges. They may have found something in DD that they have tried to amend the price for.

Dellor is apparently on holiday so this is likely third hand at best. 2 and 2 being put together due to exclusivity ending.

If the buyer does pull out or Dai rejects, we're done for. Loans called in (worst case scenario) but likely more unpaid wages will mean starting next season with more points deductions.

Would the loans being called in (by Chiron) and the club defaulting not lead to them taking control of the club though?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 May 2024 18:17

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal Olise sell on?

Sounds reasonably at face value until you think it through.

If Dai genuinely thinks he can get a better price, he needs to keep the club afloat and protect the value of his asset.

If he can't or won't do that, the shares pledged as collateral will be seized by Chiron when he defaults on the debt.

The narrow path to doom would look something like him repaying the debt in an effort to sell again, tries and fails to get a higher price before giving up.

But you have to remember it's massively against his self interest for us to go bust.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 May 2024 18:23

WestYorksRoyal
Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal I'll take that bet. No takeover = no finish 24/25 season.

Sounds reasonably at face value until you think it through.

If Dai genuinely thinks he can get a better price, he needs to keep the club afloat and protect the value of his asset.

If he can't or won't do that, the shares pledged as collateral will be seized by Chiron when he defaults on the debt.

The narrow path to doom would look something like him repaying the debt in an effort to sell again, tries and fails to get a higher price before giving up.

But you have to remember it's massively against his self interest for us to go bust.

The thing you have to remember, is you can't apply logic to Dai.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 May 2024 18:48

Absolutely sick of it, if we have to start the whole process again from square one we`re probably talking September/October.
How much patience does Ruben have?
And what about ST sales? nobody in their right minds are going to pay out without a resolution to the what seems to be a never ending mess. that`s why I`m staggered that so many people have already jumped the gun.
We should know one way are another before the end of the week surely.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 22 May 2024 19:00

If, as suggested, Howe is the source, we know how he deals with negotiations from the FA minutes....

There's nothing that we can do about it at this stage, so no point stressing until there is official news...

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 May 2024 19:08

Chronicle reporting exclusivity has been extended, so there can be no talks with anyone else.

Also saying proposed buyers have covered tax that was due on Monday.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 22 May 2024 19:41

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal

Olise sell on?

At least I lost my shit yesterday. I am just glad to be off to New Zealand tomorrow so I can forget about this for the next 8 weeks. Jamie Hodder looks to be fairly reliable.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 May 2024 19:49

blythspartan
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal Olise sell on?

At least I lost my shit yesterday. I am just glad to be off to New Zealand tomorrow so I can forget about this for the next 8 weeks. Jamie Hodder looks to be fairly reliable.

The article is mostly speculation

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 22 May 2024 19:57

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan
Snowflake Royal I'll take that bet. No takeover = no finish 24/25 season.

The article is mostly speculation

Hopefully, it all gets sorted out before the start of next season.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 22 May 2024 20:06

I understand they have internet even in NZ.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 22 May 2024 20:13

rabidbee I understand they have internet even in NZ.

Yeah, even in Taranaki but I will attempt to ignore all things Reading.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 May 2024 20:25

Let's oxf*rd hope not.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 22 May 2024 20:32

Orion1871

Let's oxf*rd hope not.

Belt up Orion!

Someone said on Twitter that you’re a sad twat! Should that be filed under rumours?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 22 May 2024 20:49

Not sure where to put this but kiss bye bye to the Football Regulator for quite a while, now that the election has been called.

The Bill to bring it in gets scrapped. Would have to start again from scratch post election, competing with every other priority of new government.

3809 posts