TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3809 posts
Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Orion1871 » 23 May 2024 18:57

The academy should probably be scrapped completely whilst we remain at this level.

Thanks to the awful Elite Player Performance Plan we already lose promising youngsters to bigger category 1 clubs. There's no hope of keeping them at category 2 or lower sadly.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 May 2024 19:07

Orion1871 The academy should probably be scrapped completely whilst we remain at this level.

Thanks to the awful Elite Player Performance Plan we already lose promising youngsters to bigger category 1 clubs. There's no hope of keeping them at category 2 or lower sadly.

Tbf, EPPP has helped produce players for the national team on a different level to what preceded it, which was the point following our humiliation to Germany in 2010. We're still winning junior trophies and it seems like the pipeline remains strong.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 23 May 2024 20:08

WestYorksRoyal
Orion1871 The academy should probably be scrapped completely whilst we remain at this level.

Tbf, EPPP has helped produce players for the national team on a different level to what preceded it, which was the point following our humiliation to Germany in 2010. We're still winning junior trophies and it seems like the pipeline remains strong.

Which yay for England, but doesn't adequately compensate clubs like Reading, and tbf we will have done it to other clubs at lower categories too, for the players actual potential based on their achievements at youth level.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 May 2024 07:50

Despite the success of the Academy on the pitch this year, hard to disagree that keeping Cat 1 as a League 1 club is an unneccesary drain on tight resources. Only 11 clubs outside the PL actually have them and with Leicester up and Leeds/Soton in the play-off, that total will be down to 9/26 next season.

I will actually be in favour of the club moving to a B Team model - keep an Academy at a lower level up to u18 (again results aren't everything but getting beat every week at PL level can't help development) then move to a B Team and organise games against sides at all levels for the B side. This can include, u21 sides, reserve sides, NL first teams etc.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 May 2024 08:26

So the great businessman that is Dai is ‘surprised and disappointed’ that due diligence involves chipping the price as items are discovered/confirmed

It’s due diligence 101, for goodness sake, because all the stuff you’ve been sweeping under the carpet comes out

And … the current offer price will become known, if it’s not already, and if it fails because of ‘chipping’ in due diligence I can almost guarantee that the next offer will already price that in, so lowering the offer
Last edited by Franchise FC on 24 May 2024 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 May 2024 09:00

Franchise FC So the great businessman that is Dai is ‘surprised and disappointed’ that due diligence involves chipping the price as items are discovered/confirmed

It’s due diligence 101, for goodness sake, because all the stuff you’ve been sweeping under the carpet comes out

Let's hope that the buyers don't get out off by the continual things that they may keep finding, altough rumours seem to be there are other interested parties still circling.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 May 2024 09:03

Sutekh
Franchise FC So the great businessman that is Dai is ‘surprised and disappointed’ that due diligence involves chipping the price as items are discovered/confirmed

Let's hope that the buyers don't get out off by the continual things that they may keep finding, altough rumours seem to be there are other interested parties still circling.

Rumour quite possibly started by Dai in an attempt to limit the chipping

Other interested parties have been circling for nearly a year

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 24 May 2024 10:28

Wycombe Royal https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cw44939k99mo

Oh what a surprise :|

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 24 May 2024 12:26

ITK Eddie reporting on Twitter the hold up is Chiron want the loans taken off the asking price, sounds reasonable to me.

Surely this would have been covered in the exclusivity agreement>?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 May 2024 12:30

Mid Sussex Royal ITK Eddie reporting on Twitter the hold up is Chiron want the loans taken off the asking price, sounds reasonable to me.

And the loan agreement and the charge on the shares

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 May 2024 13:11

Mid Sussex Royal ITK Eddie reporting on Twitter the hold up is Chiron want the loans taken off the asking price, sounds reasonable to me.

Well that would make total sense - they aren't the owners yet, the owner won't pay the clubs way, so why should they be "out of pocket" but also yes, you would think there would be some paperwork that confirms that the money paid now is part of the total fee - or at least part of it.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 24 May 2024 13:22

Seems eminently reasonable to me, otherwise its wouldn't have been a loan, it would have been a gift.

Thing about loans is they need to be repaid. Perhaps Mr. Dai needs to attend the Armadillo Roadkill crash course in English for Business.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 May 2024 13:26

Armadillo Roadkill

Seems eminently reasonable to me, otherwise its wouldn't have been a loan, it would have been a gift.

Thing about loans is they need to be repaid. Perhaps Mr. Dai needs to attend the Armadillo Roadkill crash course in English for Business.

I think he needs to attend the course in crashing to become Roadkill personally.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 May 2024 14:26

Dai comes off as an utterly incompetent business man who only experienced success and wealth due to being up the arse of the Chinese Government.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 May 2024 18:12

Orion1871
WestYorksRoyal

Which yay for England, but doesn't adequately compensate clubs like Reading, and tbf we will have done it to other clubs at lower categories too, for the players actual potential based on their achievements at youth level.

couldn't give a shit about England I'm more concerned with Reading FC.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 May 2024 19:16

leon
Orion1871
WestYorksRoyal Tbf, EPPP has helped produce players for the national team on a different level to what preceded it, which was the point following our humiliation to Germany in 2010. We're still winning junior trophies and it seems like the pipeline remains strong.

It's this system which has greatly benefited Reading, picking up and developinh the likes of Sigurdsson and Olise, and getting substantial money for the likes of those young Academy players who recently moved on before they got a single minute of football.

Bigger clubs always take players from smaller clubs

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 May 2024 22:09

Snowflake Royal
leon
Orion1871

It's this system which has greatly benefited Reading, picking up and developinh the likes of Sigurdsson and Olise, and getting substantial money for the likes of those young Academy players who recently moved on before they got a single minute of football.

Bigger clubs always take players from smaller clubs

I still couldn't give a shit about England, but thanks for letting me know that big clubs take players from smaller clubs I didn't know that.

Providing a valuable service as ever Ian.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 May 2024 22:54

leon
Orion1871
WestYorksRoyal Tbf, EPPP has helped produce players for the national team on a different level to what preceded it, which was the point following our humiliation to Germany in 2010. We're still winning junior trophies and it seems like the pipeline remains strong.

Seriously? I'd rather see the takeover go through than England win the Euros; it's existential.

But I'd rather see England win the Euros over promotion from L1, or even to the Premier League. I've seen promotion, it was good and I'd enjoy it again, but been there done that. I've never seen England have genuine success, and the celebrations and feel good would be another level. Not just a handful of friends and family to celebrate with, but practically everyone from school, uni, work etc.,. A proper celebration the country can enjoy together.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 May 2024 22:57

I've given a shit about England twice in my life. Both times, Nicky Shorey was playing.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 May 2024 23:47

From Despair To Where? I've given a shit about England twice in my life. Both times, Nicky Shorey was playing.

Me too! Though there was that time Neil Webb made his England debut :o :?

3809 posts