Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 May 2024 00:35

Any update on the takeover?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 May 2024 07:50

SouthDownsRoyal Any update on the takeover?

Yep

Apparently, exclusivity has been extended
Posh are down to 10
GOAL !

I think that just about covers it

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 May 2024 08:38

leon
Snowflake Royal
leon
couldn't give a shit about England I'm more concerned with Reading FC.

It's this system which has greatly benefited Reading, picking up and developinh the likes of Sigurdsson and Olise, and getting substantial money for the likes of those young Academy players who recently moved on before they got a single minute of football.

Bigger clubs always take players from smaller clubs

I still couldn't give a shit about England, but thanks for letting me know that big clubs take players from smaller clubs I didn't know that.

Providing a valuable service as ever Ian.

Ah yes, when I noticed it was you I was quoting I knew I'd get some sort of pathetic response.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 May 2024 10:28

Franchise FC

Yep

Posh are down to 10
GOAL !

Idiots!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 May 2024 11:31

From Despair To Where?
Franchise FC

Yep

Posh are down to 10
GOAL !

Idiots!

Groundhog day

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 May 2024 11:50

WestYorksRoyal
leon
Orion1871
Which yay for England, but doesn't adequately compensate clubs like Reading, and tbf we will have done it to other clubs at lower categories too, for the players actual potential based on their achievements at youth level.

Seriously? I'd rather see the takeover go through than England win the Euros; it's existential.

But I'd rather see England win the Euros over promotion from L1, or even to the Premier League. I've seen promotion, it was good and I'd enjoy it again, but been there done that. I've never seen England have genuine success, and the celebrations and feel good would be another level. Not just a handful of friends and family to celebrate with, but practically everyone from school, uni, work etc.,. A proper celebration the country can enjoy together.

Seriously.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 May 2024 11:51

Snowflake Royal
leon
Snowflake Royal It's this system which has greatly benefited Reading, picking up and developinh the likes of Sigurdsson and Olise, and getting substantial money for the likes of those young Academy players who recently moved on before they got a single minute of football.

Bigger clubs always take players from smaller clubs

I still couldn't give a shit about England, but thanks for letting me know that big clubs take players from smaller clubs I didn't know that.

Ah yes, when I noticed it was you I was quoting I knew I'd get some sort of pathetic response.

Here’s a tip, don’t respond.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 25 May 2024 11:59

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 May 2024 12:00

leon
Snowflake Royal
leon

Sorry leon, you don’t get to determine what I say, to whom or when.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 May 2024 15:20

Snowflake Royal
leon
Snowflake Royal Ah yes, when I noticed it was you I was quoting I knew I'd get some sort of pathetic response.

Sorry leon, you don’t get to determine what I say, to whom or when.

Hard man Ian. :lol: :lol:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 May 2024 23:29

Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where?
Franchise FC Yep

Posh are down to 10
GOAL !

Idiots!

Groundhog day

Yup :|

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 May 2024 23:31

WestYorksRoyal
leon
Orion1871
Which yay for England, but doesn't adequately compensate clubs like Reading, and tbf we will have done it to other clubs at lower categories too, for the players actual potential based on their achievements at youth level.

Seriously? I'd rather see the takeover go through than England win the Euros; it's existential.

But I'd rather see England win the Euros over promotion from L1, or even to the Premier League. I've seen promotion, it was good and I'd enjoy it again, but been there done that. I've never seen England have genuine success, and the celebrations and feel good would be another level. Not just a handful of friends and family to celebrate with, but practically everyone from school, uni, work etc.,. A proper celebration the country can enjoy together.

:|

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 May 2024 00:58

SouthDownsRoyal
WestYorksRoyal
leon

Well, quite

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 26 May 2024 17:01

SouthDownsRoyal
WestYorksRoyal
leon

I think if given a choice between promotion back to the championship in 24/25 or England winning the Euros, I'd choose England winning the Euros, although a lot of that is that I think that barring Dai continuing, or the new owners being as just as bad, going back up is a matter of time - and I'm expecting us to not go up next season anyway.

Like most, I've never seen an England win, and I'd love it, and it would have the added benefit of massively annoying the Scots, Irish and Welsh, who seem to have taken England being knocked out the highlight of their tournament. In fairness, if you are Scottish, you've never had anything else to celebrate.

However, if given the option of an England win but Reading staying down for at least another four years, or no magic wand to wave, I wouldn't choose the England win.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 May 2024 17:31

tmesis
SouthDownsRoyal
WestYorksRoyal Seriously? I'd rather see the takeover go through than England win the Euros; it's existential.

I think if given a choice between promotion back to the championship in 24/25 or England winning the Euros, I'd choose England winning the Euros, although a lot of that is that I think that barring Dai continuing, or the new owners being as just as bad, going back up is a matter of time - and I'm expecting us to not go up next season anyway.

Like most, I've never seen an England win, and I'd love it, and it would have the added benefit of massively annoying the Scots, Irish and Welsh, who seem to have taken England being knocked out the highlight of their tournament. In fairness, if you are Scottish, you've never had anything else to celebrate.

However, if given the option of an England win but Reading staying down for at least another four years, or no magic wand to wave, I wouldn't choose the England win.

Same. Although I'd probably take 4 decent years in L1 and existing without financial apocalypse for an England trophy win.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 May 2024 08:28

First "ITK" on Twitter claiming its all fallen through, which is possible of course but, you know, its Twitter.

That'll teach me to have a look at Twitter for the first time in a week or two.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 May 2024 09:16

Stranded First "ITK" on Twitter claiming its all fallen through, which is possible of course but, you know, its Twitter.

That'll teach me to have a look at Twitter for the first time in a week or two.

Yes some spotty geek, it must be true then.

https://x.com/AndrewWearing/status/1794841723937636442

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 27 May 2024 11:07

Selles walks before any takeover is completed.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 May 2024 11:10

RG30 Selles walks before any takeover is completed.

Strong possibility if it seriously impairs recruitment over the summer - no idea who we are looking at of course but expect there are Free Agents who have already signed elsewhere that we will have been hoping to at least speak to with some stabilty behind us.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 May 2024 11:15

It's all so frustrating. It feels like it took a monumental effort to get to the stage where we're a L1 club in exclusive negotiations, and it could all still go to shit anyway.

Nothing to suggest this tweet is accurate, but it should be done and dusted already.

3809 posts