TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3809 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Sutekh » 27 May 2024 11:26

WestYorksRoyal It's all so frustrating. It feels like it took a monumental effort to get to the stage where we're a L1 club in exclusive negotiations, and it could all still go to shit anyway.

Nothing to suggest this tweet is accurate, but it should be done and dusted already.

Should be easy enough to check if this bloke has any previous comments that have checked out or whether it's just your usual troll with nothing better to do than try and wind people up.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 May 2024 11:42

Simple step - does it pass the stink test. In other words, does it smell like bullshit.

Someone posting at 10.30pm on a Sunday of a bank holiday, is more likely to be someone having had one too many and seeing what reaction they can get as opposed to someone with intimate details of a complicated business deal.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 May 2024 12:09

I'll go one better on the stink test stranded. Just days after exclusivity is extended, some rando twatter nomark says its all off.

Why was exclusivity extended then?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 May 2024 12:35

Incidental comment, but shows how shit Twitter has become that this guy has a blue tick. Doesn't that just mean he's paying £10 a month? But it could mean more people believe him.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 May 2024 15:42

Andrew "The Wearing" Wearing, most famous for being bullied off HNA by LWJ.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 May 2024 16:16

Pepe the Horseman Andrew "The Wearing" Wearing, most famous for being bullied off HNA by LWJ.

So, a likely motive as well then. Probably guesting his way back here to see if the board goes into meLOLtdown.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 May 2024 16:27

Longterm storytelling.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 28 May 2024 07:59

Snowflake Royal I'll go one better on the stink test stranded. Just days after exclusivity is extended, some rando twatter nomark says its all off.

Was exclusivity officially extended?

Before I left for my holiday there were two contrasting stories floating around. One was that Dai would make a decision within the next 24 hours and one was that exclusivity would be extended. It’s payday on Friday so that might tell us more.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 May 2024 08:26

blythspartan
Snowflake Royal I'll go one better on the stink test stranded. Just days after exclusivity is extended, some rando twatter nomark says its all off.

Before I left for my holiday there were two contrasting stories floating around. One was that Dai would make a decision within the next 24 hours and one was that exclusivity would be extended. It’s payday on Friday so that might tell us more.

The Chronicle reported last week that it had been extended and that Chiron paid May's HMRC. Suspect we may see something on Companies House in the coming days if they have loaned the club more.

So seems unlikely talks would collapse so shortly after this. All we know is it was expected to be completed by now and it isn't. More hearsay and gossip will continue to fill the void. Surely a club statement saying exclusivity has been extended and that the deal is still expected to complete would help?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 28 May 2024 08:30

Just as an aside, the 2022-23 accounts still haven't appeared on Companies House. The deadline is at the end of next month. Don't know what penalties there could be for overdue accounts.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 28 May 2024 08:30

*Hoped, not expected.

It was never going to be straightforward with Dai.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 May 2024 08:56

Clyde1998 Just as an aside, the 2022-23 accounts still haven't appeared on Companies House. The deadline is at the end of next month. Don't know what penalties there could be for overdue accounts.

I believe I read somewhere, but could be wrong, that there is a loophole when it comes to submitting accounts that is being used - I believe because there is a potential sale underway - accounts would only need to be submitted once the sale is complete.

Again may be completly wrong, but seem to recall Kieran Maguire stating something along those lines in a tweet.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 May 2024 11:13

Shambles

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 May 2024 11:20

blythspartan

Nothing official but Earnshaw reported it had been and Chiron/Redwood had paid the May tax bill.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 May 2024 15:12

blythspartan

Go anywhere nice?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 28 May 2024 18:19

Pepe the Horseman
blythspartan

Go anywhere nice?

Someone on Twitter said he went to Iraq.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 May 2024 20:03

Orion1871
Pepe the Horseman
blythspartan

Go anywhere nice?

Someone on Twitter said he went to Iraq.

Cool.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 May 2024 11:10

Stranded
blythspartan

Nothing official but Earnshaw reported it had been and Chiron/Redwood had paid the May tax bill.

If the talks do collapse, am I correct to assume that Chiron will then become club creditors for the amounts they've paid in good faith? Another debt to pressure the club and cloud the next party that get exlusivity.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 May 2024 11:30

Sutekh
Stranded
blythspartan

If the talks do collapse, am I correct to assume that Chiron will then become club creditors for the amounts they've paid in good faith? Another debt to pressure the club and cloud the next party that get exlusivity.

Yes they would become a creditor as far as their loans are concerned. I would therefore imagine that if it falls apart, any other prospective buyer would only be willing to pay the 30m less the loan -which is allegedly the stumbling block in getting this deal over the line.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 29 May 2024 11:36

Wages due on Friday....It's been reported that Chiron have only paid the tax so far this month.

3809 posts