from Seol's country

bobjones2

ooooh

by bobjones2 » 28 Jul 2006 17:34

Oh you Reading fans... I am Korean American and I started to follow Reading ever since Seol got sent there. The thing is, this is the first real year when I'm following professional football (WC fever has turned into full blown footie madness) and out of all the teams I could have got sucked in (i.e. ManYoo-Park Ji Sung, Tottenham-Lee Young Pyo), I'm getting sucked into Reading. This is utter madness, I've never been to Berkshire (i've been to england) all my life, hell I haven't even been to New Maldin. The closest connection to Berkshire I have is I read couple of speeches given by Warren Buffet, the chairman of Berkshire Hathaway. The other connection to Reading is that my buddy's dad comes from Reading Pennsylvannia. I am paranoid all of the sudden for no good reason at all that Reading F.C. will be relegated next season--and even so, I find myself keep getting obsessed over Reading. Why is it that I am obsessing over this guy named Sidwell or some obsure player from Sunderland, neither of whom I have never heard of (or even play) even when I was busy playing Winning Eleven 9? I find that I am obsessing over Majeski (sp?) an obscure businessmen I have never heard of, when everyone around me is following up over that other businessman in New York, George Steinbrenner.

I'm starting to daydream that this guy named Oser, whom I have never heard of before looking him up on Wiki yesterday, he would suddenly turn into Wayne Rooney.

Something about Reading reminds me of the Korean National Team. Reading F.C. has a very old history (i guess all your english football clubs do) and KNT has a long history considering Asia. Both never had shining moments, but the sudden spot light is very exciting.

My brain tells me upsets are almost nil-possible, but I find that I'm fantasizing about Reading at UEFA and beating Inter.

When will my madness end??? Good luck to all you loyal Reading fans, and whatever happens, I hope we all can see some good football (soccer to me). I have my fingers crossed that Seol will become the 20 goals scoring Seol at Anderlecht instead of the 4 goals scoring Seol at Wolverhampton.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Jul 2006 18:10

SpaceCruiser
RoyalBlue As for the warm, non-racist welcome, Spacey was unusually polite for once!

I am always polite to our foreign visitors. Unless they slag us off.

Have we got any of our French friends on here - just to test that claim?!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: ooooh

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Jul 2006 19:42

bobjones2 Oh you Reading fans... I am Korean American and I started to follow Reading ever since Seol got sent there. The thing is, this is the first real year when I'm following professional football (WC fever has turned into full blown footie madness) and out of all the teams I could have got sucked in (i.e. ManYoo-Park Ji Sung, Tottenham-Lee Young Pyo), I'm getting sucked into Reading. This is utter madness, I've never been to Berkshire (i've been to england) all my life, hell I haven't even been to New Maldin. The closest connection to Berkshire I have is I read couple of speeches given by Warren Buffet, the chairman of Berkshire Hathaway. The other connection to Reading is that my buddy's dad comes from Reading Pennsylvannia. I am paranoid all of the sudden for no good reason at all that Reading F.C. will be relegated next season--and even so, I find myself keep getting obsessed over Reading. Why is it that I am obsessing over this guy named Sidwell or some obsure player from Sunderland, neither of whom I have never heard of (or even play) even when I was busy playing Winning Eleven 9? I find that I am obsessing over Majeski (sp?) an obscure businessmen I have never heard of, when everyone around me is following up over that other businessman in New York, George Steinbrenner.

I'm starting to daydream that this guy named Oser, whom I have never heard of before looking him up on Wiki yesterday, he would suddenly turn into Wayne Rooney.

Something about Reading reminds me of the Korean National Team. Reading F.C. has a very old history (i guess all your english football clubs do) and KNT has a long history considering Asia. Both never had shining moments, but the sudden spot light is very exciting.

My brain tells me upsets are almost nil-possible, but I find that I'm fantasizing about Reading at UEFA and beating Inter.

When will my madness end??? Good luck to all you loyal Reading fans, and whatever happens, I hope we all can see some good football (soccer to me). I have my fingers crossed that Seol will become the 20 goals scoring Seol at Anderlecht instead of the 4 goals scoring Seol at Wolverhampton.

Good post. 20 in his first seaosn might be a bit over the top but if he gets 10 or so everyone will be delighted with that, thats a very good total.

T-Rex

by T-Rex » 28 Jul 2006 19:49

SpaceCruiser This is great!!!!!!!!!! We truly are becoming international, aren't we.

We have posters from:

Holland (Hup Holland Hup and possibly one other)
USA (Royal Chicago and a few others, I think)
Japan (japanreading)
Norway (Ideal)
Sweden (Stuart Sweden ?? :? )

and now

South Korea.

Do we have any Icelandic visitors (apart from icelandicstokie)?

And from the furthest of all, Plymouth too.

And they still take 4000 to Reading! 8)

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 28 Jul 2006 21:27

T-Rex
SpaceCruiser This is great!!!!!!!!!! We truly are becoming international, aren't we.

We have posters from:

Japan (japanreading)
Norway (Ideal)

and now

South Korea.

You don't count.

T-Rex

by T-Rex » 28 Jul 2006 22:02

:lol:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Jul 2006 22:55

T-Rex

We have posters from:

Japan (japanreading)
Norway (Ideal)

and now

South Korea.

More than a few from the US at least about 10.

bassavage

by bassavage » 28 Jul 2006 23:49

bobjones2 I started to follow Reading ever since Seol got sent there.

Sounds like the Wolves chairman forced him here.

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 29 Jul 2006 02:15

bobjones2 Oh you Reading fans... I am Korean American.

What" with the user-name? You're not at Bob Jones University are you??

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Jul 2006 15:56

SpaceCruiser
T-Rex

We have posters from:

Japan (japanreading)
Norway (Ideal)

and now

South Korea.

You don't count.

I think you mean he can't count.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 31 Jul 2006 13:37

Fantastic thread - I love the way in which Seols every move will be followed in Korea - he'll probably get most coverage as he's the most likely to start every game...

OzBiscuit2004
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by OzBiscuit2004 » 31 Jul 2006 14:00

SpaceCruiser
Are they actually from these countries or are they exiled royals?

I'm a born and bred Aussie. I did what a lot of Aussies do and travelled to the UK in 1989. Got a job with Foster Wheeler and the rest as they say is history.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 31 Jul 2006 15:10

OzBiscuit2004
SpaceCruiser
Are they actually from these countries or are they exiled royals?

I'm a born and bred Aussie. I did what a lot of Aussies do and travelled to the UK in 1989. Got a job with Foster Wheeler and the rest as they say is history.

Good for you, I'm glad you're a Reading fan. I think a couple of foreign posters on here have actually been to Reading when they were over here for university - I think they are Hup Holland Hup and japanreading. There may be a couple of others who are the same....

rodnich

by rodnich » 31 Jul 2006 15:18

I'm from Australia!!!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 31 Jul 2006 15:20

rodnich I'm from Australia!!!

And a hearty welcome to you too!

rodnich

by rodnich » 31 Jul 2006 15:22

Cheers mate.

Beats the usuall "F*ck of Newbie!" reply I normally get.

:D

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 31 Jul 2006 15:36

rodnich Cheers mate.

Beats the usuall "F*ck of Newbie!" reply I normally get.

:D

I've not even had that yet :(

rodnich

by rodnich » 31 Jul 2006 15:39

F*ck off newbie!!!

:wink:

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 31 Jul 2006 15:51

rodnich F*ck off newbie!!!

:wink:

From one to another,

Fcuk off newbie! :)

AllRoyals

by AllRoyals » 31 Jul 2006 18:04

I'm Swedish and not an Exile. We're a few Royals in Sweden. Not 2 many active here though. C u next week!