Feyenoord friendly?

185 posts
alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 06 Aug 2006 21:25

Hobgoblin would be no ones choice, it's sh1t.

iang040563

by iang040563 » 06 Aug 2006 21:25

To Reading fans everywhere - and I mean the true fans not the ones that want to be seen to trying to scare the poo out of all other supporters - this thread is well out of order.
All Feyenoord fans - in fact all true fans from everywhere - should be able to come to reading and the Madejski Stadium without having to worry about violence or threats. This is out first season in the top flight of the best league in the world, and many eyes from around the world will be on us. Let the players play fairly, and the Supporters follow their example. Lets all be remembered for the right reasons.

Readings_Fair_City

by Readings_Fair_City » 06 Aug 2006 21:29

how the hell have i threatened anyone with violence?!!

i used to be friends with some dutch boys, whenever we used to go on holiday to france, the campsites were always full of brits or dutch. after numerous thrashings on round the table in table tennis, one dutch guy who was an ajax fan gave me his address and we were pen friends for a time. always found the dutch to be a very very friendly nation, always good english speakers and very fit women.

iang040563

by iang040563 » 06 Aug 2006 21:37

[quote="Readings_Fair_City"]how the hell have i threatened anyone with violence?!!

Did I single you out? All i can say is those who have know who they are, and if the cap fits wear it

feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 06 Aug 2006 21:39

URZZZZZZZZ Back to the football, to the selection of Feyenoord fans on here, what do you think will be your likely starting line-up?

Still difficult to say, as there still are a few options at different places in the team.

The coach is using the friendlies against Boro (today) and Chelsea (Tuesday) to try the players for the last time.
Then he makes his decission, and the starting line-up against the Royals should be the team which will be first choice.
Offcourse there still is a chance that our striker Dirk Kuyt will be transferred to England, and Feyenoord is still busy trying to buy Tymoshchuk from Shaktar Donetsk (Ukraine)

My guess is that this will be the starting line up for Saturday:

Keeper: Timmer

Defence: Greene, Vlaar, Bahia, Drenthe

Midfield: de Guzman, Lucius, Hofs

Attack: De Ceulaer, Kuyt, Huysegems

Not a lot of names of which I expect you to know them!!
We have 3 players in the National team U21: Vlaar, Hofs and Castelen (little injury at the moment), and only 2 in the "big" national team: Timmer (2nd keeper after van der Sar) and Kuyt.

At last we are having Van Hooijdonk as a super-sub on the bench (Put your hands up for Pi-Air!!)

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 06 Aug 2006 22:53

alad
feyenoordfan
Readings_Fair_City
feyenoordfan
Readings_Fair_City
FIIIR 1 week and The Boys from Rotterdam are coming to your town, it will be an experience you'll never forget

we'll see, another sheff utd day is it?!

Sad thing what happened in Rotterdam, but please don't think everybody is the same!!

We had a friendly today against Boro (2-0 win) and friendly it was indeed. Both on the pitch as on the stands, the way it should be!!!

dont believe that for a second....

no let me translate - he stated he prefers men and he would like to met all Feyenoord fans in the walkabout......though the last word was probably a typo and should read wynford.

Says more about you then it does about me.

I walked into a Boro supporter just outside Feyenoord-stadium today, we changed scarfs, talked about football, drank a few beers and a friend of mine brought him to the hotel were he stayed after the game.

I'm sorry to say that Feyenoord is having a group of about 400-500 people who like to have fight with somebody else who's favourite team is just another one then Feyenoord, but luckily there is a much bigger group who can react normal, and comes to the game for the football!

Let me buy you a beer next week in Reading and I will prove it to you!! :wink:

The only thing Readings Fair City is interested in exchanging with Feyenoord fans is punches.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Aug 2006 00:57

alad Hobgoblin would be no ones choice, it's sh1t.

Only if you arn't interested in good beer.

Daniella

by Daniella » 07 Aug 2006 02:23

Id like to say welcome to the dutch fans aswell :D
Its good to meet you.

I might even get a ticket for this one :)

feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 07 Aug 2006 07:32

Daniella Id like to say welcome to the dutch fans aswell :D
Its good to meet you.

I might even get a ticket for this one :)

Thanks, Daniella!

For one or another reason I still find it more attractive to see a lady-Royals fan as a man with a beerbelly!! :lol:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 07 Aug 2006 11:03

Ian Royal
alad Hobgoblin would be no ones choice, it's sh1t.

Only if you arn't interested in good beer.

Hobgoblin isn't a great pub, it doesn't give you much choice apart from real ale. Budweiser is the only lager on tap, which is SHITE.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 07 Aug 2006 13:14

Don't/didn't you have a player called Pardo? I was quite looking forward to shouting "PARDO OUT" for some of the game. With Kuyt possibly moving to Newcastle or Liverpool will he take part in this game?

feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 07 Aug 2006 13:40

Huntley & Palmer Don't/didn't you have a player called Pardo? I was quite looking forward to shouting "PARDO OUT" for some of the game. With Kuyt possibly moving to Newcastle or Liverpool will he take part in this game?

Yep, Pardo is still a Feyenoord player.
He scored the (winning) 0-1 in a Champions League game at St James Park in 2002/2003 against Newcastle.

I don't think he will be playing though: The gaffa want's to play more with Dutch players, and at the moment we are having midfielders who are at least as good as Pardo.

For the moment we still reckon Kuyt to be playing.
We still hope that he will stay with Feyenoord for at least another year!!

What's the story behind "Pardo Out"??
Last edited by feyenoordfan on 07 Aug 2006 13:43, edited 1 time in total.

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 07 Aug 2006 13:42

Any idea on how many tickets you've sold yet Feyenoord fan?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 07 Aug 2006 13:45

feyenoordfan What's the story behind "Pardo Out"??

Do you know the name of the current Wet Sham manager?

feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 07 Aug 2006 13:46

The_Cat Any idea on how many tickets you've sold yet Feyenoord fan?

None, Feyenoord doesn't sell the tickets for themself,
everybody just have to buy the tickets at the Mad Stad. (I really like that name!! :wink: )

But from what I've heard the City of Reading can welcome about 500-750 Feyenoord-supporters at least.

I arranged a bustrip to Reading with a friend of mine, and the coach is completely full now with 66 people.

feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 07 Aug 2006 13:47

SpaceCruiser

Hmmm.... let me think...

Does it start with a P, and ending at Ardo??? 8)
Last edited by feyenoordfan on 07 Aug 2006 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 07 Aug 2006 13:50

feyenoordfan
SpaceCruiser

I think I can think of one!! 8)

Does it start with a P, and ending at Ardo???

You're very close there. ;)

playoffs or layoffs

by playoffs or layoffs » 07 Aug 2006 14:04

Blades fans hurt in knife attacks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/5250292.stm

Two Sheffield United fans were stabbed before a friendly football game between the Blades and Sparta Rotterdam in the Netherlands, police have said.
Both men were treated for their wounds in hospital, but later discharged.

Supt Martin Hemmingway, of South Yorkshire Police, who is in Holland working with Dutch officers during the tour, said the pair were innocent.

He said they were ambushed by hooligans from Dutch team Feyenoord :shock:, who were spoiling for trouble with Blades fans.

"They were having a quiet drink and offered no provocation, but they were set upon and given a beating," Mr Hemmingway said.

feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 07 Aug 2006 14:12

playoffs or layoffs Blades fans hurt in knife attacks

Two Sheffield United fans were stabbed before a friendly football game between the Blades and Sparta Rotterdam in the Netherlands, police have said.

Supt Martin Hemmingway, of South Yorkshire Police, who is in Holland working with Dutch officers during the tour, said the pair were innocent.

He said they were ambushed by hooligans from Dutch team Feyenoord :shock:, who were spoiling for trouble with Blades fans.

"They were having a quiet drink and offered no provocation, but they were set upon and given a beating," Mr Hemmingway said.

We already discussed this embarassing incident.
Not something I'm proud of!!

feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 07 Aug 2006 20:30

playoffs or layoffs Blades fans hurt in knife attacks

At this moment there is a discussion going on in Holland if it really were Feyenoord fans who did this.

Please understand me well: the ones who did it should be punished for it, Feyenoordfan or not, but even the Rotterdam police could't tell for sure if it really were Feyenoordfans, and you should say that they know every hooligan of the team!!

But let's not talk about this anymore:
I'm just looking forward for Saturday!!

But first we have a practicegame against Chelsea tomorrowevening!!

185 posts