Latest drivel from the Sidwell camp

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Aug 2006 15:13

Ian Royal
Royal Lady imo, for what it's worth, Sidwell pays his agent to "speak" for him. The agent should not be saying ANYTHING at all that Sidwell doesn't want him to say.

we all know that agents only look after their players interests and not try and look out for themselves as much as possible don't we. Players shouldn't need agents, unfortuanetly the system we have is flawed and stupid.
Well, Sidwell should sack his bloddy agent then, shouldn't he. :roll:

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 10 Aug 2006 15:18

Sidwell hasnt said that he wants to leave Reading in a very similar way to how Politicians never admit mistakes

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2006 15:30

Royal Lady
Ian Royal
Royal Lady imo, for what it's worth, Sidwell pays his agent to "speak" for him. The agent should not be saying ANYTHING at all that Sidwell doesn't want him to say.

we all know that agents only look after their players interests and not try and look out for themselves as much as possible don't we. Players shouldn't need agents, unfortuanetly the system we have is flawed and stupid.
Well, Sidwell should sack his bloddy agent then, shouldn't he. :roll:

coz that is how it works. he'd just have to get another one who would be just as bad. better the devil you know.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Aug 2006 15:31

right - so ALL football agents are the same, which is why every single player at RFC has moaned "through his agent" that he wants out for more money is it? Get real.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Aug 2006 15:33

If he had been sold as a result of the agent's talk, then perhaps it would have been better for him - certainly in the short-term.

Arguable in the long-term, but the aganet was doing his job, which is to get the best contract terms for SS.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 10 Aug 2006 15:34

maybe its about the player and not the agent?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Aug 2006 15:40

Mr Angry
Woodcote Royal I will not be giving Sidwell abuse on the pitch

I'll remind you of this sentence should you not keep to it....

:wink:

And you will be entitled to should I fall by the wayside :P

I only part from your view on this issue in as much that I would have expected Sidwell and his agent to have refrained from making many of their silly statements in the press.

I would have been quite happy for Sidwell to gets his head down and prove, in a Reading shirt, that he has the ability to become an established Premiership player.

However, I rather suspect that things have already reached the point of no return and every silly utterence makes the thought of his departure, not to mention the influx of hard cash, more pleasurable by the day.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Aug 2006 15:41

Ian Royal Where does his agent say that that club isn't Reading FC? Sidwell maybe responsible for the behaviour of his agent, but he doesn't have control over everything he says. you are making a mountain out of a molehill

I think the bit your missing is where he's saying all he wants to do is play for an established premiership club.

We are not established!

It is a bit of a mountain out of a mole hill your right, but only because people keep bringing it up and then people are naively defending his actions. He is actively looking to engineer the best deal available to him, thats not unreasonable, but the way he's doing it leaves a bad taste and he's treating the club with a lack of respect by doing all of this in the media.

Did you see Harper, Shorey or Convey in the papers trying to drum up interest? No, they did it the professional way.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 10 Aug 2006 15:44

Sidwell if your reading this site...... Your boring and predictible. We made you.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2006 15:46

Hoop Blah
Ian Royal Where does his agent say that that club isn't Reading FC? Sidwell maybe responsible for the behaviour of his agent, but he doesn't have control over everything he says. you are making a mountain out of a molehill

I think the bit your missing is where he's saying all he wants to do is play for an established premiership club.

We are not established!

It is a bit of a mountain out of a mole hill your right, but only because people keep bringing it up and then people are naively defending his actions. He is actively looking to engineer the best deal available to him, thats not unreasonable, but the way he's doing it leaves a bad taste and he's treating the club with a lack of respect by doing all of this in the media.

Did you see Harper, Shorey or Convey in the papers trying to drum up interest? No, they did it the professional way.

but he has had active interest, they haven't really, certainly not that I have heard about. I don't necessarily believe Sidwell has acted perfectly or agree with what he is doing, but when I see the bile directed at him on here for no good reason then I feel I have to fight the good fight.

It just seems that toomany people take his actions to secure himself te best deal possible as a personal afront to them. I think they need to get over themselves

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Aug 2006 15:58

And you need a reality check if you can't see why his agents comments are being interpreted to mean that Sidwell wants to play his football elsewhere

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Aug 2006 16:03

Ian Royal
Hoop Blah Did you see Harper, Shorey or Convey in the papers trying to drum up interest? No, they did it the professional way.

but he has had active interest, they haven't really, certainly not that I have heard about. I don't necessarily believe Sidwell has acted perfectly or agree with what he is doing, but when I see the bile directed at him on here for no good reason then I feel I have to fight the good fight.

It just seems that toomany people take his actions to secure himself te best deal possible as a personal afront to them. I think they need to get over themselves

Harper had reported interest from Feyenoord and West Ham. He even came out and said if we didn't get promoted he probably would've gone to West Ham to work with Pardew. The difference here being that Harper come out with this after he'd signed up and committed himself. Yes there were rumours at the time, but I don't recall him fanning the flames.

The fact we know about Sidwell's contract clause and the interest shown in him is purely down to him and his agent making it public knowledge, neither RFC or the interested clubs went public over this, it was all Sidwell.

This is were he has made a rod for his own back.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2006 16:05

fair enough HB. I just happen to disagree that he has done anything worth the vilifying he is getting on here.

and frankly I've had as much of woodcote as I can stand right now.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 10 Aug 2006 16:29

Ian Royal
Hoop Blah

We are not established!

Harper had the chance to play european football with feynoord, the reason not everyone knows about this is because he didnt go running his mouth

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 10 Aug 2006 16:55

Seriously lets ALL make sure we boo Sidwell at the weekend and continue it till he finally leaves the club.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 10 Aug 2006 17:41

nah support him, he's a good player who's served us well, and has finally made the level he wants

if he walks for free, i'll treat him like judas

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Aug 2006 18:57

LoyalRoyal22 Sidwell if your reading this site...... Your boring and predictible. We made you.

Ha ha ha.

What a crock of shite.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 10 Aug 2006 20:24

Sidwell believes he should earn £25k a week & thinks he is Mr billy big balls. Yet he missed a sitter from 4 yards on the Sweden Tour.

Jog on you big headed ginger tw@t!

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 10 Aug 2006 20:57

West Stand Flash Sidwell believes he should earn £25k a week

If that's what people are willing to pay for him...

I'm just bored of all this bollocks now, what will happen, will happen. I just want the season to start, so then we'll all know where we stand with regards to signings and what Sidwell is doing.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 10 Aug 2006 21:29

Gav I'm just bored of all this bollocks now, what will happen, will happen. I just want the season to start, so then we'll all know where we stand with regards to signings and what Sidwell is doing.

Totally agree.