Back from the game

by Row Z Royal » 19 Aug 2006 17:31

:D :( :o :( :shock: :? :cry: :shock: :D :lol:

Half time

:lol: :D :shock: :? :x :? :x :shock: :D :lol:

Full time

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 19 Aug 2006 17:52

yeah........i'd go along with that maybe a few more :lol: and 8)

kermit

by kermit » 19 Aug 2006 17:53

couldnt have put it better myself :D :D :D

URZ_forever

by URZ_forever » 19 Aug 2006 17:55

I am buzzing, cant fcuking believe it, what a great game!

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 19 Aug 2006 18:06

What a game i've lost my voice and my hands are numb only one problem today whats going to happen to kitson, coppell said knee ligerments :?

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 19 Aug 2006 18:08

where did coppel say knee ligaments?kits was on the pitch at the end if he had done it that bad i dont think he would have come back to aplaud the fans?!

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 19 Aug 2006 18:09

Drew_3 where did coppel say knee ligaments?kits was on the pitch at the end if he had done it that bad i dont think he would have come back to aplaud the fans?!

On 5 live, don't know the full extent yet as it's too sore to examine properly

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 19 Aug 2006 18:10

Drew_3 where did coppel say knee ligaments?kits was on the pitch at the end if he had done it that bad i dont think he would have come back to aplaud the fans?!

He said it on the radio to bbc berks.

My heart still hasn't slowed down. What an absolutely amazing atmosphere, and game.

Props to the fans as well as the players. We all did good today.

DaveM

by DaveM » 19 Aug 2006 18:13

Best opening game for the premiership, one i'll never forget.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 19 Aug 2006 18:21

Let's hope Kitson isn't out too long.

urzzz

by urzzz » 19 Aug 2006 18:21

Great game! cant believe it I'mover the moon! except for the guy that sat next to me, he was totally smashed out of his head and insisted in singing "uefa cup you fvcked it up" all the time!

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 19 Aug 2006 18:24

im fooked, nearly fainted halfway through 2nd half...

see you in walkabout later 8)

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Aug 2006 18:43

Sharpy im fooked, nearly fainted halfway through 2nd half...

We wanted to go out and celebrate, but no-one else wanted to. So we're staying in, couple of bottles of wine and MOTD!! 8)

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 19 Aug 2006 18:51

Amazing. Just as well I can still use my fingers 'cos I'm finding it hard to talk. Couldn't have scripted the day better than that. COME U oxf*rd RZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Aug 2006 18:51

Bring on ViLOLLOLa!

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 19 Aug 2006 18:52

Royal Lady

We wanted to go out and celebrate, but no-one else wanted to. So we're staying in, couple of bottles of wine and MOTD!! 8)

ennit...me too now

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 19 Aug 2006 18:52

Sharpy
Royal Lady

ennit...me too now

Ditto. :lol:

loyalest royalest

by loyalest royalest » 19 Aug 2006 18:55

:D :D Can't stop smiling! It's been a long time coming but we waited, and what a reward!

FozzieMcgregor

by FozzieMcgregor » 19 Aug 2006 19:11

Great game, really lived up to my overexcited expectations :D

Personal player ratings, as I'm sure someone might have a passing interest:

Hahnemann - 6
Not much to do to be fair, dealt with the majority of what little came his way fairly comfortably though spilled the ball from a free kick for Boro's 2nd. Had a mix up with Sonko late in the 2nd half that could have been disastrous but recovered well to save.

Shorey - 9
First to find his feet, eager to get forward and pulled everyone together. My man of the match, a great performance and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Ingimarsson - 7
Doubts have been cast as to whether he can handle the Premiership and certainly this game is not an indication either way due to the standard of the opposition. However, he looked solid for the majority of the game and got forward well for set pieces.

Sonko - 8
Pass back indecision on one instance aside, he was back to his Superman best. Yakubu was in his pocket all day and will probably still remember Sonks this time next year. Towering presence and not afraid to put his head where it hurts.

Murty - 6
Had a slight tendency to back off the ball when defending and looked to be caught for pace a few times, but cleared his lines well when required and got involved well in the attacks.

Convey - 7
Quiet in the first half but got more involved in the second, some telling deliveries from corners and not afraid to cut in and let off a shot. Not his greatest game but was definitely an asset today.

Sidwell - 8
Caught a couple of times trying to take an extra touch that he couldn't afford (though he wasn't the only one) but got stuck in well and his shot for the equaliser was extremely well taken. Went haring off in to the bottom of the North-West corner to celebrate with the fans and was subsequently booked for it. Kissed the badge after scoring - is that a bad sign?

Harper - 7
Tired towards the end but put himself about, linked up well in the attacks and had a good game. Needs to remember that he has less time on the ball in this division but otherwise a fine showing.

Seol - 7
Guilty of over-playing at times (beats his man, cuts on to the other foot and then has to beat his man again) but came close with some early set pieces and gave the Boro left back a hard time of it on the wing. Happy with this signing, that I am.

Doyle - 8
Got stuck in again, looked solid and had a couple of shots on target. Created plenty and was full of running, I've got a feeling he's going to have another good season.

Kitson - 7
Threw himself at every loose ball in and around the box, one of which he scored of course, made a nuisance of himself and will hopefully not be out for long with the injury that ended his game at the halfway mark.

Subs:
Lita (For Kitson, HT) - 7
Scored the winner, made his presence known and fought for the ball well - got the ball caught in his feet in the box a couple of times but a promising return from his injury layoff.

Hunt (For Convey, 80ish mins) - 5
Full of running, didn't have much time to make his mark and hesitated when he could have put Lita through on goal - bit harsh to rate him on his short time on the pitch... Sorry Stephen.

Gunnarsson (For Seol, 80ish mins) - 5
Got involved as he always does, didn't create too much but kept the ball away from our goal which I imagine was Coppell's thinking in bringing him on. Boro didn't like him, I don't think.

I for one will be taping MOTD tonight...

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 19 Aug 2006 19:20

FozzieMcgregor Sidwell - 8
Caught a couple of times trying to take an extra touch that he couldn't afford (though he wasn't the only one) but got stuck in well and his shot for the equaliser was extremely well taken. Went haring off in to the bottom of the North-West corner to celebrate with the fans and was subsequently booked for it. Kissed the badge after scoring - is that a bad sign?

surely this is a good sign??!!